ADVERTISEMENT

We Need to Find ALL the NIL Money and Fast

HuskerFan31

Administrator
Sep 10, 2006
One of the most popular N.C. State baseball players in recent years won’t be on campus for a second season.

Tommy White, the home-run hitting, gold-chain wearing, rookie from St. Pete Beach, Fla. is transferring after one record-setting season in Raleigh. He entered the transfer portal on Thursday, just days after the Wolfpack’s season (36-21) concluded in Charlotte with a loss to North Carolina in the ACC championship game, N.C. State spokewoman Lizzie Hattrich confirmed.

White and his bat burst onto the scene the opening weekend of his college career, when he hit three home runs in his debut. Quickly earning the nickname ‘Tommy Tanks’ from N.C. State fans, he finished that weekend with five home runs against Evansville. A new legend was born as White ended the season with 27 home runs, setting a new NCAA freshman home run record. The previous record was set in 1990.

In February, in the midst of the Major League Baseball lockout, one MLB scout told the N&O, “People are starved for baseball and college baseball has some upward momentum and here is a dude who looks like a beer league softball player.

“I mean, how many college freshmen did you know in college who had the full beard, the double gold chains, the mullet. I think everything is working for him.”

Against Miami in the ACC tournament, White hit three home runs, securing the N.C. State single-season record for homers — breaking the record set by Turtle Zaun in 1988. White’s three homers against the Hurricanes tied the ACC tournament record for home runs in a game. White had six games this season when he hit two or more home runs.

After his senior season at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., White was named an All-American by Under Armour and Perfect Game. He was also the Under Armour home run derby champion.

White, the 2022 ACC Freshman of The Year, led the Wolfpack in RBI (74) and was second in hits (85). He was one of just two freshmen named to the All-ACC first team.

LINK

If the internet is to be believed he wants to play in FL, likely FSU. But we can have a bake sale and try to lure him in.

If the internet is to be believed he wants to play in FL, likely FSU. But we can have a bake sale and try to lure him in.
I assumed he would just go to a JUCO for a year so he can go pro quicker.

Lance is too busy offering 3-year guys with no draft status and a .242 career average with minimal pop.

Not sure it's fair to argue for keeping Cervantes and against bringing in Burnham.

Wasn't talking about Burnham, who is a .255 (not .242) career hitter anyways. I'd much rather keep a proven defensive player who accepts his role and has displayed his worth as a teammate over a fly on the wall. As I said in a different thread, I hope Harvell sees something in Burnham to increase his numbers because on paper this isn't a portal transfer that excites many outside of Grand Island.

But since you brought Casey up, I'm not sure very many will take him over Bertrand from Minnesota.

Wasn't talking about Burnham, who is a .255 (not .242) career hitter anyways. I'd much rather keep a proven defensive player who accepts his role and has displayed his worth as a teammate over a fly on the wall. As I said in a different thread, I hope Harvell sees something in Burnham to increase his numbers because on paper this isn't a portal transfer that excites many outside of Grand Island.

But since you brought Casey up, I'm not sure very many will take him over Bertrand from Minnesota.
My bad, it's not always easy to follow along. I'm not conviced we don't need another OF. In a perfect world Matthews would start in CF for the next two years, but I'm not sure if there's any chance of that happening.

Anything new on Jackson? He isn't even listed on the Battle Creek roster.

My bad, it's not always easy to follow along. I'm not conviced we don't need another OF. In a perfect world Matthews would start in CF for the next two years, but I'm not sure if there's any chance of that happening.

Anything new on Jackson? He isn't even listed on the Battle Creek roster.

NBD, it was a shot at Harvell. I think at the end of the season I mentioned Brice as a possible CF'er for 2023. And I'm pretty sure he's played 1 game in CF for his summer team so it's something to keep an eye on. His projection reports I've heard are 2B/CF.

I gave up on Core a few weeks ago and don't have an interest in asking around.

NBD, it was a shot at Harvell. I think at the end of the season I mentioned Brice as a possible CF'er for 2023. And I'm pretty sure he's played 1 game in CF for his summer team so it's something to keep an eye on. His projection reports I've heard are 2B/CF.

I gave up on Core a few weeks ago and don't have an interest in asking around.
I hope someone gets in his ear and convinces him to commit to CF. I thought that coming into this past season, although we probably wouldn't have had the quality depth in the infield to replace him.

Two years in a row the #1 team loses in the Supers. And both Supers featured the losing team delivering a one game shellacking to the eventual winner.

Two years in a row the #1 team loses in the Supers. And both Supers featured the losing team delivering a one game shellacking to the eventual winner.
Wrong thread, dope.

This two site thing is going to be the end of me. I swear I saw it here and then started looking for it again and couldn’t. Haha I then started thinking it is saw it on Twitter.
Can we please keep conversations here? I On3 will cost $100 a year after the first year and I won’t pay that.

Can we please keep conversations here? I On3 will cost $100 a year after the first year and I won’t pay that.
It wasn’t technically a conversation I was a part of but rather something I had read and then mentioned it here as I didn’t remember where it was mentioned. It gets confusing because literally everyone has the same usernames between the two sites.

They also asked us all to mod the other site and this site hasn’t said a word to us so that’s also weird. We are essentially continuing business as usual without really knowing what the grand plan for this site will be. Either way, as I mentioned before I plan to just be apart of both until I here otherwise as I enjoy the posters on this site and agree it being free opens up to more conversation.

Reactions: sklarbodds
I enjoy this site but it remains to be seen if anyone here is even going to cover baseball. I know its the offseason but this board could turn into a ghost town unfortunately.

Reactions: sklarbodds
ADVERTISEMENT