ADVERTISEMENT

We need to change the culture of NU football

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
We need to stop thinking that everybody is out to get us. It's time for everyone else to think we are out to get them! Plan with a passion. Practice with a purpose. Execute by design. You're a machine that can't be stopped. Is Riley a man that can get us back to that mentality. I don't hate Ohio State. I want us to be that. Well coached. Talented. Dominant.

GBR

In order for people to be "out to get you" you need to be relevant ... we aren't

I hope to be good enough in the future to warrant such malice

In order for people to be "out to get you" you need to be relevant ... we aren't

I hope to be good enough in the future to warrant such malice
In all fairness that mentality started after we almost beat the no.2 team in the nation and went to a BCS bowl. We were relevant at the time and the next season I believe we got all the way up no.6

We need to stop thinking that everybody is out to get us. It's time for everyone else to think we are out to get them! Plan with a passion. Practice with a purpose. Execute by design. You're a machine that can't be stopped. Is Riley a man that can get us back to that mentality. I don't hate Ohio State. I want us to be that. Well coached. Talented. Dominant.

GBR
Nothing wrong with wanting this. It's something every team in the country wants to have. Words are easy. It's instilling this type of culture that separates the haves and the have nots. We don't have the crystal ball to know whether Riley has what it takes, but we had six years to see that Pelini did not. Nothing wrong with what Pelini accomplished, but it was clear (to me at least) that we had hit our ceiling. This is why Eichorst pulled the trigger and why his job is likely just as invested in Riley being successful as well.

Nothing wrong with wanting this. It's something every team in the country wants to have. Words are easy. It's instilling this type of culture that separates the haves and the have nots. We don't have the crystal ball to know whether Riley has what it takes, but we had six years to see that Pelini did not. Nothing wrong with what Pelini accomplished, but it was clear (to me at least) that we had hit our ceiling. This is why Eichorst pulled the trigger and why his job is likely just as invested in Riley being successful as well.

We hit ceiling long ago with Pelini. It's hard to fire a 9-win coach. So, we put up with the shenanigans longer than most would do. We had a cancer in our program. It's time to see if it's been removed completely. I want a team to lead like our head coach leads. Osborne may have won 9 wins every season, but that sure wasn't his goal.

Reactions: ssmill777
GBR
I start thinking like this also after listening to Christian Peter. But maybe that is just more of an emotional pump up. Honestly, we just need the very best players. I'm pretty sure we have all the support and coaching / development to be successful. We need those elite players, and more than just 1 or 2 per class, we need to start stacking 8 or more every class, then we will have that kind of success.

GBR
Hopefully this mindset hit the dusty trail with the previous staff. It's hard to tell if we have the next emerging staff, but at this point, all the lights are green.

I think a huge culture change is starting to happen based on Pelini being gone. He really developed this narrow, strange culture that the players bought into. May not happen over night but it will happen fairly quickly, especially when Riley's recruits get here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT