ADVERTISEMENT

we need Jim Leavitt ASAP

so you're saying they're good enough to take demotions? i'm sure they're flattered, internet stranger.

Yep, that's exaaactly what I said.

giphy.gif

No one said anything about same job title. He asked for one coach that could get another P5 job, period. The idea of Walters landing another P5 OC job is not outlandish, but there's no question he would land a P5 gig of some kind, as would Tuioti, Held and probably Chins.

Without taking a step down in job level., obviously, you have to lower job titles to justify.

Without taking a step down in job level., obviously, you have to lower job titles to justify.

Would Held have to take a step down? Nope. Would Tuioti have to take a step down? Negative. Would Walters have to step down? Not necessarily, but it doesn't matter. Fisher would probably land a P5 job too, but that's also irrelevant. Held and Tuioti make 2 we all seem to agree upon... and you only asked for one.

In the larger picture, we have 4-5 assistants that would easily land P5 gigs and our OC would have a reasonable chance of keeping his title. Guys like Ruud and Verduzco would also have a chance due to their connections and/or reputation. So maybe as many as 6-7 with only Chins taking a step down for sure.

We can keep going, but you're basically rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr

He was the main reason Colorado went 10-2 and competed for the Pac12 Championship back in 2016. Felt he deserved the job at Oregon, and caused a rift with the staff there. If there's a proven guy on the market, it won't get better than this. Frost needs to be able to pull the trigger on this type of move or we're gonna tread water another couple years.
Diaco was a major reason why Notre Dame made the college football playoff..then floundered for a couple years and then we pulled trigger and hired him...and the rest is history...go for it scott...:)

P.S....according to the Gospel of Tom
"Its Jimmies and Joes, not Xs and Os..." Jan 2nd 1996...

Leavitt was fired from USF for grabbing a player by the throat and slapping him, then trying to get witnesses to cover for him. No thanks.
He hasn't been at USF since 2009 and has held a few jobs since then. I'd hire him in a heartbeat over Chinander.

Diaco was a major reason why Notre Dame made the college football playoff..then floundered for a couple years and then we pulled trigger and hired him...and the rest is history...go for it scott...:)

So 2 might get bottom feeder power 5 jobs, that's still pathetic for any program trying to win anything of substance.

Reactions: ShinobiWolf

Well Notre Dame has had a 10, 11 and 12 win season since Diaco and Colorado has been garbage.

So 2 might get bottom feeder power 5 jobs, that's still pathetic for any program trying to win anything of substance.

I think you were trying to reply to me. And no, once again, that's not what I said or what anyone else said. You're stubborn and slippery, I'll give you that. But still quite wrong.

Your original statement:
Name 1 current assistant coach, that would have no problem getting another power 5 job?

I named two, actually four, that easily meet your criteria. I also pointed out that, objectively, we probably have 5-7 guys who fit the bill, so we're looking at five that would definitely get P5 jobs, not two that "might" get "bottom feeder" jobs.

I realize creative paraphrasing is an art form among trolls, but wow. Laughing

I even allowed you to move the goal posts to include "and would keep their current job title" and that's why we're down to the two irrefutable names: Held and Tuioti. Any objective observer would agree that Fisher could get another P5 job, so really, that pushes it to a minimum of three (or five if you hadn't changed the criteria midstream).

Bottom feeder jobs? More hyperbole and baseless speculation from you. Guys that have already worked for solid-to-great P5 programs don't typically settle for "bottom feeder" jobs. Neither do elite recruiters.

Reactions: headcard
I think you were trying to reply to me. And no, once again, that's not what I said or what anyone else said. You're stubborn and slippery, I'll give you that. But still quite wrong.

Your original statement:

I named two, actually four, that easily meet your criteria. I also pointed out that, objectively, we probably have 5-7 guys who fit the bill, so we're looking at five that would definitely get P5 jobs, not two that "might" get "bottom feeder" jobs.

I realize creative paraphrasing is an art form among trolls, but wow. Laughing

I even allowed you to move the goal posts to include "and would keep their current job title" and that's why we're down to the two irrefutable names: Held and Tuioti. Any objective observer would agree that Fisher could get another P5 job, so really, that pushes it to a minimum of three (or five if you hadn't changed the criteria midstream).

Bottom feeder jobs? More hyperbole and baseless speculation from you. Guys that have already worked for solid-to-great P5 programs don't typically settle for "bottom feeder" jobs. Neither do elite recruiters.
if you need an essay of mental gymnastics to explain your point on a simple subject, you're probably just wrong

sorry for embarrassing you twice now

I love it when guys who are bad/obvious/weak at trolling give themselves pats on the back for a job well done when no one else is a giving them props. Unintentional humor at its finest. Laughing

Look man, I can appreciate a troll who brings something funny/creative/provocative to the table. I really can. But you've demonstrated none of that here. And that's a big problem when you're trying to troll.

You have to be funny, or really antagonistic, or patently absurd or something that moves the needle. Instead, you tried the Troll 101 technique of agitation through misquoting, but your attempt was sooo transparent.

It requires some subtlety to pull that move off. Or you have to start choosing your marks more wisely, because your material is C-/D+ right now. Barely passes the minimum troll requirements, if that, but it's a start I guess.

Good luck.

Last edited:
It's only "mental gymnastics" for those who struggle to understand basic, straight-forward concepts, like 2 > 0.

Thanks for identifying yourself as a "slow blinker" though. Explains a lot. Smokin
funny how nobody agrees with you. maybe that's why your wife left you

thank you for identifying yourself as a lonely alcoholic, AA counselors need to get paid too.

Classic troll move. Make ridiculous statements, get called out, then respond with something unrelated in an attempt to change the subject.

But just because it's so damn easy, I'll bite on your latest hyperbole...

1) Troy Walters (was a P5 coach at Texas A&M, NC State and CU before NU)
2) Tony Tuioti (was a P5 coach at Cal before NU)
3) Ryan Held (considered a top 25 recruiter)

You asked for one. There's three. Walters and Tuioti certainly have the resumes to land another P5 job. Walter's next will be his fifth. Tuioti's next will be his third.

This is Held's first P5 job but when you're considered a top 25 recruiter, you'll never be unemployed for long. Another P5 job would also come easily for him too.

And funny enough, since you mentioned Chins specifically, NU is not his first P5 job either. He was LB coach at Oregon when Frost was OC. Another P5 job as an assistant (not DC) would certainly be in his wheelhouse with experience at Oregon and NU.

Any other drama queen statements you want to throw out or are you done for this thread?
You think him or any of the bitches in his camp would actually own up to being wrong?

You think him or any of the bitches in his camp would actually own up to being wrong?

Of course not. Thus all the goalpost moving, creative paraphrasing and adolescent trolling attempts. I've steered clear of most of this silly garbage lately but sometimes the stupid is too much and they pull me back in like Michael Corleone.

Would Held have to take a step down? Nope. Would Tuioti have to take a step down? Negative. Would Walters have to step down? Not necessarily, but it doesn't matter. Fisher would probably land a P5 job too, but that's also irrelevant. Held and Tuioti make 2 we all seem to agree upon... and you only asked for one.

In the larger picture, we have 4-5 assistants that would easily land P5 gigs and our OC would have a reasonable chance of keeping his title. Guys like Ruud and Verduzco would also have a chance due to their connections and/or reputation. So maybe as many as 6-7 with only Chins taking a step down for sure.

We can keep going, but you're basically rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.
Does remind a bit of all the bitching about Bo's staff. People hated the Cally leftovers offense...except that almost all of them were hired again by power 5 programs and found success. The guys that were getting all the pub for Bo...defensive coordinators, dline coaches...ended up doing lines with hookers, calling 4th down spikes, and coaching at podunk U or back with Bo. It is Jimmies and Jos...if you happen to have an NFL talented..the coach will look good...a good coach makes them marginally better. If you do not have NFL talent...welp...

Oh hey, stalker. Interested in psychology, eh? Here's an article that might shed some light.

Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists

TL;DR: You need immediate help from a large team of mental health professionals.
I like how you edited it an hour and a half later, shows everyone that you let this eat away at you for 10% of your day.

PS, you don’t get to cry “stalker” when you’re getting your panties in a twist on a thread I started. Go again baby

I like how you edited it an hour and a half later, shows everyone that you let this eat away at you for 10% of your day.

PS, you don’t get to cry “stalker” when you’re getting your panties in a twist on a thread I started. Go again baby

You're tracking my edits?!? Yeah, that's not stalkerish behavior at all. Cuckoo!

3iuqr3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT