ADVERTISEMENT

"We got pushed around a little tonight"

We go beat up tonight from the start of the game Scott Frost! We are a soft, weak, undisciplined football team and that is unacceptable.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
This is what we get when your coach doesn't tell at the players. I'll believe it works when I see it work...anywhere.

Is Frost in over his head? I'm not sure I want to listen to him trying to downplay this even if that's all he can do. It was a sickening display and effort and no amount of sugar coated excuses and can cover it up.

Reactions: cecilB
And WWII was a little conflict.

But honestly. Nothing he says is going to make anyone feel better about this, so no reason to dissect it and get all up in arms about everything he says.

Agreed. I just hope he genuinely believes that this is unacceptable. To the point that changes may have to be made at some point. And, I am not necessarily referring to coaching or personnel changes.

Agreed. I just hope he genuinely believes that this is unacceptable. To the point that changes may have to be made at some point. And, I am not necessarily referring to coaching or personnel changes.
Believe me, he's as frustrated as we are and there's not much he can do right now this year. It's going to take this past freshman class and maybe another one or two to fix the problems. We're starting several guys on both sides of the ball who are not B1G caliber players because the freshman can't grow up fast enough.

Believe me, he's as frustrated as we are and there's not much he can do right now this year. It's going to take this past freshman class and maybe another one or two to fix the problems. We're starting several guys on both sides of the ball who are not B1G caliber players because the freshman can't grow up fast enough.

If that's the case, I completely understand. I also understand why he can't just come out and say it.

Is Frost in over his head? I'm not sure I want to listen to him trying to downplay this even if that's all he can do. It was a sickening display and effort and no amount of sugar coated excuses and can cover it up.
Through 18 games of coaching, at this point, he is in over his head and it is quite apparent.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
What other kind of changes are there?

I hate Frosts' post game presser more than I hated Mike Rileys'....I had no expectations from Mike Riley......and I am beginning to have the same attitude about Scott Frost.

I agree with whoever said it...he looks absolutely lost as a coach.

Reactions: Huskred01
He just sounds lost
And that is what concerns me most. He has no idea what is causing this poor play, just says it needs to be fixed. After challenging his team to give it their all this past week, he really has to wonder if he has lost them.

Just keep seeing the same mistakes over and over. That’s coaching. If a guy isn’t making plays then sit him down.

I think bowl eligibility comes down to the Iowa game. And right now it’s not looking good.

Also, there seems to be some turmoil on the Oline. Just not a very cohesive unit. Need some leaders to step up!

Reactions: SC_'sker

We need a big time roster turnover and a time machine. And if anyone says “We have enough talent on this team,” you need a lobotomy.

There’s no good depth. When the players that continually make mistakes are your only options, you have what we saw yesterday. I still feel he will get things going in the right direction, but it’s going to take more time than any of us like.

I listened to the presser. Frost gets it at least that it is the basic fundamentals that is the problem. The question now is if him and his staff are capable of fixing it and getting these guys to play with better fundamentals and technique.

And that is what concerns me most. He has no idea what is causing this poor play, just says it needs to be fixed. After challenging his team to give it their all this past week, he really has to wonder if he has lost them.
Everyone can see he doesn't have the horses yet. Until he gets the right athletes & depth in his system (for several years) his hands will be tied. Coaching changes will not get us out of this multi-decade slump we're in. We have no choice but to be patient and see this thing through.

Everyone can see he doesn't have the horses yet. Until he gets the right athletes & depth in his system (for several years) his hands will be tied. Coaching changes will not get us out of this multi-decade slump we're in. We have no choice but to be patient and see this thing through.

I don't know how you can say this when the horses that we do have are not playing with good technique or fundamentals. Get them coached up to where they are playing sound football and then we can decide how we actually measure up from a talent perspective.

In order to be in over your head you must have equal parts to show your inadequacies... The cubard is bare. The o-line is offensive and the d-line is pourous.
In my mind, blaming all on the coaches would mean we have grossly underachieved with plenty of talent...or nearly all coaches have failed to coach up guys with great potential (NFL). After Coach Riley had enough time, it was apparent that he and his recruits weren't gonna cut it. Writing Coach Frost off, in year 2, with mostly Riley recruits and too many subpar athletes (the eyes don't lie), is way premature, IMO. Need 4 more years for the jury . Let's progress to bowl game this year, then set goal of 9 wins, conference championship game, etc. In future years. Lordy...people talking about coaching changes now...??? Mercy.

In my mind, blaming all on the coaches would mean we have grossly underachieved with plenty of talent...or nearly all coaches have failed to coach up guys with great potential (NFL). After Coach Riley had enough time, it was apparent that he and his recruits weren't gonna cut it. Writing Coach Frost off, in year 2, with mostly Riley recruits and too many subpar athletes (the eyes don't lie), is way premature, IMO. Need 4 more years for the jury . Let's progress to bowl game this year, then set goal of 9 wins, conference championship game, etc. In future years. Lordy...people talking about coaching changes now...??? Mercy.
Uh the guy we ran off had to use the previous regime’s recruits.

And he had a much better first 2 years record than ol Frost.

I think it’s just as fair to talk about running him off as it was to be talking about getting rid of Riley at this point.

I don't know how you can say this when the horses that we do have are not playing with good technique or fundamentals. Get them coached up to where they are playing sound football and then we can decide how we actually measure up from a talent perspective.
Exactly, hard to tell how much talent you have when they're poorly coached. I see middle of the road Pac 12 and Big 12 teams that play way harder and faster than us. Our team plays like it practices. I can tell you that much. This staff may need to look into completely overhauling their practice structure if they supposedly have great practices but continually don't show up for games.

Minnesota is also in year 2 of playing with the previous coaches recruits.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
Minnesota is also in year 2 of playing with the previous coaches recruits.
No .Most of Minnesota's players who are playing are Fleck's recruits. This is year 3 and he played a bunch of young guys last year. He also had a head start on recruiting guys as he took the job right as the regular season ended.

No .Most of Minnesota's players who are playing are Fleck's recruits. This is year 3 and he played a bunch of young guys last year. He also had a head start on recruiting guys as he took the job right as the regular season ended.
Not true. Fleck was hired after Western Michigan lost in the Cotton Bowl. He had very little time to put together his first class.

The frightening thing is I'm afraid he just might believe his own bullshit. I've wondered about that for a while. I know he is not going to yell and scream about the lack of effort, the bad coaching, etc.. in a press conference but he is a Nebraska guy and he knows the fans deserve more from the players and the coaching staff, say you're very disappointed in yourself, the coaches and the players and get back to coaching. I think we might see some lineup changes. If things don't turnaround NO RAISES or extensions for anybody but Fisher.

Two questions:

Do people think the roster is worse than Colorado?

Do people think it’s worse than the vast majority of the B1G West?

Even with the current roster, NU should be an 8-9 win team talent wise in the B1G West & Colorado as the big OOC opponent. Good coaching probably even steals another win.

Not true. Fleck was hired after Western Michigan lost in the Cotton Bowl. He had very little time to put together his first class.
I would have to see that in print. From what I remember Fleck agreed to the job before the bowl game. In any case, this is Fleck's 3rd year, he brought some decent recruits with him, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HE INHERITED A 9 WIN TEAM.

Listening to the post game Frost presser. Jesus.
This reminded me 100% of a Mike Riley team. I could tell after the first MN TD this team packed it in and quit. There was no fire, no drive, they had given up and wanted to be done. They didn't look mentally or physically ready. I really thought we were done with those type of players and this type of mentality. Its Frost job to fix it, if he knows how.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
I think we are all tired of the excuses. At the least this team should be improving. They are not. It doesn’t matter if they’re Riley’s or Frosts or some transfer, these kids are underperforming. This is on the current staff to fix. Personally, I don’t care if I watch them again because last night was pathetic and no different than the teams I saw give up for Cally thru Riley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT