ADVERTISEMENT

We gave TO 21 years

No he did not, but I have a hard time thinking that TO or any great coach would have darn near twice as many losses as wins in 3 years.

In 1973 or today? I have a hard time thinking TO would have done much if any better taking over this shit storm of a program in 2018 as a 33 year old first time head coach that he was.

I’m as big of a die hard Husker fan and historian as anyone, but we are and have been a mess. We are also in a much stronger conference than the 1970s Big 8 was. We can’t get top flight recruits promising them they will be on tv, because everyone is on tv. We aren’t getting great running backs out of OPS schools. We aren’t getting dominant in state linemen. We can’t get prop 48 kids. We can’t stop great local players (like the Westside QB) from going to the Dakota schools. Should I go on?

We are NOT a special program any more. We are a Bruce Springsteen “Glory Days” program. The sooner that people realize that we ******* suck, and will for awhile, the better. We are a lot closer to being Kansas State when Snyder took over than we are when Osborne was coaching, let alone the end of his career.

Come on dog. Everybody thought Frost would be the guy. He turned out to be an arrogant fraud. It feels good that I can accept it.

Then everybody is pretty stupid and failed to recognize how far this program had sunk before Frost got here.

I’m not happy with the results, but I haven’t been surprised by them.

In 1973 or today? I have a hard time thinking TO would have done much if any better taking over this shit storm of a program in 2018 as a 33 year old first time head coach that he was.

I’m as big of a die hard Husker fan and historian as anyone, but we are and have been a mess. We are also in a much stronger conference than the 1970s Big 8 was. We can’t get top flight recruits promising them they will be on tv, because everyone is on tv. We aren’t getting great running backs out of OPS schools. We aren’t getting dominant in state linemen. We can’t get prop 48 kids. We can’t stop great local players (like the Westside QB) from going to the Dakota schools. Should I go on?

We are NOT a special program any more. We are a Bruce Springsteen “Glory Days” program. The sooner that people realize that we ******* suck, and will for awhile, the better. We are a lot closer to being Kansas State when Snyder took over than we are when Osborne was coaching, let alone the end of his career.

I agree. Last week was the end for me. My expectations are rock bottom and I’m not even mad we lost today. I just didn’t think we could pull out a victory and we didn’t.

Reactions: newAD and bomber89
Then everybody is pretty stupid and failed to recognize how far this program had sunk before Frost got here.

I’m not happy with the results, but I haven’t been surprised by them.
I might agree with you if today had been game three with Frost instead of game 29. Truth is if he wasn’t a Nebraska guy, he would be 100% fired this year.

Not once did TO have a 1-win season or ever even have a losing season. Yet he was almost fired after "only" having 9 wins, so the patience argument for TO is completely bogus.

You can argue for patience if you want but trying to tie it to TO as an illustration shows a complete lack of understanding Husker history.

Not once did TO have a 1-win season or ever even have a losing season. Yet he was almost fired after "only" having 9 wins, so the patience argument for TO is completely bogus.

You can argue for patience if you want but trying to tie it to TO as an illustration shows a complete lack of understanding Husker history.

Bingo! He was told in 75 I believe that he would have been fired had he lost the bowl game. He almost left in 78. On top of that, there were petitions to fire Devaney after two 6-4 seasons. We’ve always had fans with idiotic expectations.

Well we have had five coaches in the last 22 years so that isn’t saying much. We also are made fun of across the country for our firing of 3 coaches with winning records.
Not our fault we had three AD’s that thought Billy C, Lunatic Pelini and Beach Cruiser Riley were the answer. Frost seemed like a slam dunk. He’s terrible.

Do I blame Moos? No way. He was hired to get Frost. Next man up. We’ll eventually get it right.

Not our fault we had three AD’s that thought Billy C, Lunatic Pelini and Beach Cruiser Riley were the answer. Frost seemed like a slam dunk. He’s terrible.

Do I blame Moos? No way. He was hired to get Frost. Next man up. We’ll eventually get it right.

Again, if you say Frost is terrible, then you overestimated just how bad this team is and how bad of shape this program was in when he took over.

Do I have issues with some things Frost is doing? Hell yes. But if you think firing him after 3 years is going to improve the program, you are crazy. Who in the hell would take this job if he is run off?

Assuming Frost can be a better coach is equivalent to assuming Jurgens can snap a football.

Frost has forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. I think he can be a good coach, but he needs time, and he needs to self evaluate everything he is doing and running IMHO.

Reactions: bshirt73
Again, if you say Frost is terrible, then you overestimated just how bad this team is and how bad of shape this program was in when he took over.

Do I have issues with some things Frost is doing? Hell yes. But if you think firing him after 3 years is going to improve the program, you are crazy. Who in the hell would take this job if he is run off?

Look man I get it. You are still hypnotized by the Frost hype train. I fell for his charms.

The faster you realize Frost is nothing more than a cheap hooker, the better you will feel. Don’t stay on the train too long, you’ll wake up in a bathtub full of ice with your kidney missing.

2D274906865133-tdy-jeter-hat-tip-140926.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Excuse me, did HCSF take over a team that had won 2 out of the last 3 National Championships? Really really bad comparison.
That’s why I rank Devaney at the top of previous coaches. He took over a program that had losing seasons almost every year for the previous 20 years and immediately flipped the script to great seasons. Do I expect Frost to be the next Devaney? No, unfortunately that is clearly not his ability level nor that of most coaches. But 1-4 in the middle of his third year and looking as bad as that record would indicate surely doesn’t suggest a bright future.

Reactions: bshirt73
I agree ....there is a need for some patience. I see mentions of Tom Osborne on here....not the same situation at all. HOWEVER....Tom did not whine and complain....I never thought that it was a waste of time to watch Tom at a post game presser (even after a loss)....I don't recall hearing excuse after excuse or "we know what is wrong and we can fix it" and then it is exactly the same way the next game. Tom was not a big talker ....making bulletin board quotes....or offering big talk and not being able to follow through on what he said.

This is a different world now. Both of them truly care/cared about what happened to their guys.....that is not in doubt. But....RESULTS rules the day and will silence any critics. What was hired was an up and coming offensive "genius" who happened to be a Nebraska boy....who said he was going to shift the paradigm in the Big Ten. That is not what we got.

I think we can all be patient and Patience is a good thing...but similar to respect it kind of needs to be earned. So far we have seen NOTHING that leads the fans to offer patience. We are discussing the same issues today that we discussed after the first game. Progress brings patience. Give us something to be patient about.

I agree ....there is a need for some patience. I see mentions of Tom Osborne on here....not the same situation at all. HOWEVER....Tom did not whine and complain....I never thought that it was a waste of time to watch Tom at a post game presser (even after a loss)....I don't recall hearing excuse after excuse or "we know what is wrong and we can fix it" and then it is exactly the same way the next game. Tom was not a big talker ....making bulletin board quotes....or offering big talk and not being able to follow through on what he said.

This

I'm getting old, but, I don't remember Osborne EVER making excuses or pointing to anything outside the program as the cause for a loss. Could you imagine Osborne publicly complaining about an opposing coach clapping?

It’s not even close to the same situation. Tom got to play in the big 8 and only had one real game a year. Tom never had to deal with the Big Ten requirements, the big 8 didn’t care if you could read or write if you could play football just sign here and you can be an Academic all American! Give frost some time he’s in a gun fight with the big 10 not the pillow fight of the big 8. Or keep firing your coaches and wonder why you keep starting over. It’s fun to watch from the outside!

Reactions: donfli
It’s not even close to the same situation. Tom got to play in the big 8 and only had one real game a year. Tom never had to deal with the Big Ten requirements, the big 8 didn’t care if you could read or write if you could play football just sign here and you can be an Academic all American! Give frost some time he’s in a gun fight with the big 10 not the pillow fight of the big 8. Or keep firing your coaches and wonder why you keep starting over. It’s fun to watch from the outside!
I sometimes wish I was as simple as you. Pudding or jello today?

So you’re saying that TO was great because he coached in the Big 8 instead of the Big 10? You can’t be serious. I’m fairly certain TO steamrolled every Big 10 team he coached against. Get your facts straight you moron. Frost has a bad record because he’s a lousy coach. It’s really that simple.

ADVERTISEMENT