ADVERTISEMENT

We fought to play football for this?

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
I have lost all faith in Frost. I will cheer for the Huskers forever but Frost & this staff are not the answer. Same undisciplined football that we have been watching for the last 20+ years.

Big ten ref's are certainly not helping and I do believe there is an unwritten, unspoken fact that the big ten will never let Nebraska be a contender against the old school big ten teams. Nebraska football changed forever when the big 8 disappeared.

Explain how Frost was poor today? Razor thin margin of error. A couple bad mistakes and bad calls and that’s game when you’re behind on talent

It’s not about today. It’s about how he continues to roll out a team that is anything but disciplined and will continue to shoot itself in the foot.

It’s about how we are still void of talent in many areas. It’s year 3. No more excuses.

Explain how Frost was poor today? Razor thin margin of error. A couple bad mistakes and bad calls and that’s game when you’re behind on talent
Everyone gets bad calls against them, or missed calls on the other team. Past Husker teams were able to overcome them. Recent ones are not.

All of that aside, and I guess someone can take me to task on this if they want, but this was a much different game than last year in Lincoln. The Buckeyes could have named their score last year; it could have been 90-7 if they had wanted.

That wasn't the case today. I'll take it, for now anyways.

It’s not about today. It’s about how he continues to roll out a team that is anything but disciplined and will continue to shoot itself in the foot.

It’s about how we are still void of talent in many areas. It’s year 3. No more excuses.
I'm not sure how being competitive in year three translates to a 5 touchdown loss in the first game. Bad calls from the refs are a part of the game and there is nothing you can do about it. Poor offensive play calling is not.

Some of you are higher than I am. We were just as good of a football team as them until the refs started taking over. Then OSUs talent simply rolled thanks to the help. Worst reffing I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying a lot for being a Nebraska fan.
PSU ia still worse but this is the worst recently. Wow, the holds alone, even without the targeting

Reactions: B3Vandy
I think Nebraska played pretty well. Refs hurt, turnovers hurt, but the lines played well. I think we have a shot against Wisky, but first half will be tough do to the pisspoor targeting calls.

Some of you are higher than I am. We were just as good of a football team as them until the refs started taking over. Then OSUs talent simply rolled thanks to the help. Worst reffing I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying a lot for being a Nebraska fan.
Sorry, but losers bitch about officials. Winners fight through it.

Second targeting wasn't the right call. Also not the first time I've seen targeting being called when it shouldn't have been. I also agree that there needs to be 2 categories for targeting.

Do you really believe we didn't ever get away with anything today?

We are what I thought we are. A team that needs two more years of recruiting and development.
2 more years? We started 12 Sr and 5 Jr? We lost 3 different 4* this year. We lost to mostly Fr and Soph. How does 2 more years help when what even kept us in the game was all Jr and Sr beside Luke? We have 12 5.6 3* coming in. Where is the quick turn? Our OL and DL played their hearts out!! That was strength. With that said, 6 or the 8 are fine after this year.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
I hope I’m wrong but nothing I saw today convinces me that we will be better than 2-6, which is basically where we have been stuck for the past three conference seasons. Of course that assumes Covid doesn’t cancel a game or two, which it surely could.

Officiating killed momentum, big time.

I hope I’m wrong but nothing I saw today convinces me that we will be better than 2-6, which is basically where we have been stuck for the past three conference seasons. Of course that assumes Covid doesn’t cancel a game or two, which it surely could.

I don't wish Covid on anyone but that would save us some embarrassments.

I have lost all faith in Frost. I will cheer for the Huskers forever but Frost & this staff are not the answer. Same undisciplined football that we have been watching for the last 20+ years.

Big ten ref's are certainly not helping and I do believe there is an unwritten, unspoken fact that the big ten will never let Nebraska be a contender against the old school big ten teams. Nebraska football changed forever when the big 8 disappeared.
One game does not make a season. This team just needs to man up and keep on working. They played a great team with a lot of talent. Let’s see where the Huskers are after league play.

Sadly clowns like you for 20 years crying for everyone’s job is a huge part of the problem. If you are so unhappy the GTFO. And don’t come back when things are improved. You certainly aren’t helping them improve and had no part of us ever being good.

I hope so, but I’m skeptical at this point. At first it was get rid of all previous coaches players, now it’s a couple more classes. This has been the same theme for our ever growing list of previous failed coaches.

It’s a 5 year rebuild, we’re in year 3. I did see a lot of positives today. A lot of young guys played well. Now the key is to build depth and strength. We also need to find some receivers that can stretch the field. That has been the biggest failure thus far.

Reactions: DonlugoQ and Hford
I don't wish Covid on anyone but that would save us some embarrassments.

facepalm-head.jpg

It's the flu, not AIDs.

Nonsense. Team was prepared. Couple of bad breaks and then it snowballed. That happens against great teams.
I can't agree more. I think both the offense and defense played well. Yes, we made mistakes as usual, but I thought they looked more crisp.

As we all know, momentum is the key in CFB. And every time Nebraska had it, the refs would rule not a safety, holding, or targeting on bullsh*t plays and ultimately eject two of our players.

The B1G can kiss my ass. And I hope Frost files a complaint. It will go nowhere, because they'll never allow us to be competitive. And they don't care.

Reactions: Hford
I had told my friends that I expected it to be around 63-28 score wise. Nebraska looked competent for much of the game but overmatched on the defensive side of the ball. I liked how they used both QBs and aside from the ball control, thought the offense performed better than expected against the best team in the conference.

I remain convinced that Nebraska needs a different defensive coordinator. Nothing that transpired today changed that opinion.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Just another guy's opinion, but a guy who played safety in college and who watched today with a starter on the 94-95 title teams. He had the same thoughts:
1. The targeting calls are the result of poor technique, trying for the big knockout blow. Make the same hit while wrapping up (which you're supposed be doing anyway) and the penalty is not called.
2. Way too much cushion by the corners. I can only presume that Chins wanted to take away the home run. Which he was unable to do because ...
3. When you get a chance to re-watch the game, pay attention to the angles being taken by the safeties. Not good at all. Left the middle of the field open too often and they were late helping out. This to me was the most glaring weakness I saw on the defense today.
4. This helps me on days like today: A good friend donated a significant amount to Coach Osborne's Teammates program and went to lunch with the legend one day not long after Frost was hired. TO told him in no uncertain terms that this is a five-year rebuilding project. We are seeing incremental improvement. I saw an improved team today. It is getting better, and Frost's recruits are leading the way. I remain optimistic for the future.
Again, just one guy's opinions.

Reactions: TOMHP and DonlugoQ
Came away encouraged today. Just hope we didn't lose too many guys to injury. Ugly score but the game was largely competitive until the talent separated. That's the best team we'll see all year by a country mile.

Reactions: bshirt73
This is the very best team that NU will face all year. It is the best QB they will face, the best OL and the best WR's.

I thought they did a decent job. This game was competitive for the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT