ADVERTISEMENT

We did not lose because of the refs...

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
but damn almighty did they suck. That facemask penalty against us on the punt should have been holding against OSU. Even the announcers said so. The pass interference call was utter bullshit. Even the announcers said so. The targeting against Williams was bullshit. Even the announcers said so. Britt?? It should not have been targeting, but what the hell was he thinking??

but damn almighty did they suck. That facemask penalty against us on the punt should have been holding against OSU. Even the announcers said so. The pass interference call was utter bullshit. Even the announcers said so. The targeting against Williams was bullshit. Even the announcers said so. Britt?? It should not have been targeting, but what the hell was he thinking??
Thank you.

Legit calls or not, Miami and Florida State got penalized all the time back in their glory days, and still won games. It's because they were talented teams with good coaching.

Reactions: 19Football19
Thank you.

Legit calls or not, Miami and Florida State got penalized all the time back in their glory days, and still won games. It's because they were talented teams with good coaching.
I just wish the league was consistent with holding calls. There, once again, were a lot of no-calls that were worse than the call they made on Wilson.

Reactions: bigboxes
We didn't lose because of the refs BUT then they also didn't need to pile on either if they had orders to make sure Ohio State won. Now we are crippled even more for the Wisconsin game.

When I was 9 years old, a coach pulled me aside and said “don’t hold the ball like a loaf of bread”. “High and tight, high and tight.” Why 21 and 20 year old young men are running through crowds of defenders holding the ball like a loaf of bread...don’t understand. If you take out penalties that killed drives before they got started and horrible turnovers by our qbs...it’s a much closer game. Neb played OSU much more competitively than last year but the score doesn’t reflect it. Turnovers and penalties continue to be this teams Achilles heel and I personally don’t blame any of it on the refs. It’s too consistent to be the refs fault. Remember the penalty where we let the play clock expire? Neither Frost or Martinez was on top of that? Man...some things have to change. And...they need to start playing the young, athletic receivers. We can’t play a roster with walk-on receivers that have no chance of making a deep play. The defense can stack the line. Warner...God bless him...is a great possession receiver but not a significant big play weapon. Outside of Martinez, Mccafery (who by the way play the sane position), Robinson and Mills do we have that can make a big play? Answer....nobody. The QBs can’t do it by themselves.

Reactions: cornwoman
Correct - the refs did not cause NU to lose today. Maybe next week, though. If we are without 2 key players in the secondary for the 1st half next week due to suspect calls...that sucks.

Is there an appeal process in the B1G to take another look at those ejections?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Correct - the refs did not cause NU to lose today. Maybe next week, though. If we are without 2 key players in the secondary for the 1st half next week due to suspect calls...that sucks.

Is there an appeal process in the B1G to take another look at those ejections?
I'm sure Scott will file the appeals.. but the B1G isn't going to do anything about it.. it will just be Nebraska whining again.

We lost because
1) we couldn't stretch the field
2) our QB's fumbled twice
3) Ohio State is full of badasses

Having said that, yes, the officiating was suspect AF especially right before half when we could have threatened to take the lead.

And, strangely, even though we got our asses kicked, I'm pretty optimistic about this season.

If we have a WR that develops as a deep threat.

We lost because things we did wrong. We have more penalty yards and turnovers than our opponents almost every week. Is it the Refs? Maybe the Russians? No...I think it’s us.

While you can argue about Fields knee being on the ground or not being missed resulting in a TD or not, it did change the dynamic of the play calling. Obvious passing down vs 3rd and short. In all you could say it cost us 21 pts if that is your prerogative.

Miscues cost us a bunch and settling for field goal was unacceptable.

Haven't seen the stats but my guess it was a lot closer on paper than the scoreboard.

I saw positives. But we have to quit being our own worst enemy. Good teams can make mistakes and still win. We're not there yet. Gotta be extremely disciplined.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
We need to stop complaining about the refs and start figuring out how to win regardless of the officiating. Every team in America bitches about holding calls that are missed, questionable pass interference, etc. It's a hard game to officiate. There's no inherent bias. We sound like pussies when we constantly complain about the officiating. Deal with it and figure out how to win.

We lost because

Having said that, yes, the officiating was suspect AF especially right before half when we could have threatened to take the lead.

And, strangely, even though we got our asses kicked, I'm pretty optimistic about this season.

Can’t stretch the field because of personnel. Can’t stretch it with Warner and Joe Smith from Class D western Neb. We are screwed at receiver unless some of the young talent is unleashed...Manning, Brown, Fleming. Otherwise most very good teams LBs can cover our wideouts. Hell in the case of Alabama, Clemson and OSU their DEs can probably cover them. Speilman was our best WR and he doesn’t start fir TCU. Think about that. We need to recruit (and keep) more talent.

No but the game was about 3 touchdowns closer had the officiating been fair. NU still would have lost because the pass rush and passing game were almost nonexistent, but the game was definitely closer than he score.

While you can argue about Fields knee being on the ground or not being missed resulting in a TD or not, it did change the dynamic of the play calling. Obvious passing down vs 3rd and short. In all you could say it cost us 21 pts if that is your prerogative.

Miscues cost us a bunch and settling for field goal was unacceptable.

Haven't seen the stats but my guess it was a lot closer on paper than the scoreboard.

I saw positives. But we have to quit being our own worst enemy. Good teams can make mistakes and still win. We're not there yet. Gotta be extremely disciplined.
What or who is to blame for the continued mistakes? Does Neb just have an Ava IQ that is much lower than other schools on our conference? My opinion? Coaching. Third year starting QBs shouldn’t be carrying the ball the way AM does for one. Hell thats one of the first things you learn in FB.

• Haha
No but the game was about 3 touchdowns closer had the officiating been fair. NU still would have lost because the pass rush and passing game were almost nonexistent, but the game was definitely closer than he score.
Yah. Refs are out to get us every week. That’s why we are winning 4 a year. Those damn refs.

We lost because

I was feeling pretty good at half-time. I did not expect NU to win the game, but we played pretty good football for most of the first half (until the last 3 minutes). The second half was pretty much the sh1t-show we've seen most of the last several years. That was disappointing...we couldn't build on a good half of football; instead we fell back into really poor play.

But yeah, some reasons to be optimistic. I think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT