ADVERTISEMENT

We Called It!!!

Ohio State and Penn State have been on every schedule we’ve had this year. I’m sure some of us are surprised, but that’s pretty much been the schedule all season. Sure it would have been nice to start out with Rutgers, but we shouldn’t complain that we have to play good team. Even though it is often unbalanced compared to other teams.

Ohio State and Penn State have been on every schedule we’ve had this year. I’m sure some of us are surprised, but that’s pretty much been the schedule all season. Sure it would have been nice to start out with Rutgers, but we shouldn’t complain that we have to play good team. Even though it is often unbalanced compared to other teams.
Totally agree with you. tOSU and Wisc back to back is brutal, but if you want to be great again you got to play the best and not pretend. We could start 0-4. Northwestern has always been a difficult game.

I’m a little confused? All my life I’ve been told by NU fans that they are an elite program? Last year everybody on here was predicting a B1G West title...Now we are at the point fans are complaining about the schedule? So the B1G West is too tough now? Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa are too tough to overtake in the division?

Totally agree with you. tOSU and Wisc back to back is brutal, but if you want to be great again you got to play the best and not pretend. We could start 0-4. Northwestern has always been a difficult game.
Except we tend to win there and they here

Reactions: scarletred
I’m a little confused? All my life I’ve been told by NU fans that they are an elite program? Last year everybody on here was predicting a B1G West title...Now we are at the point fans are complaining about the schedule? So the B1G West is too tough now? Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa are too tough to overtake in the division?
Ugh, not you again. 🤢 🤢

Reactions: leodisflowers

No...most of those teams suck.

I think you're missing the point. Point is if you look at balance of schedule since joining the big, it hasn't been balanced.

IF you can't balance schedule then have division champion be determined by your division games not cross over games

Reactions: saluno22
Probably best to play the good teams and teams that want to play vs the loser schools who wanted to sit out.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I'll give urban credit, called a spade a spade. The big got what they (and alvarez) wanted. OSU and wisc in CCG. Two easiest schedules in the big. Now let's go beat both of them

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
I think what’s going to be really interesting about this season is that the coaches have every player at their disposal since nobody will lose a redshirt year by playing.

What I can’t figure out is why change the Purdue and Wisconsin games around from being at home for Purdue and away for Wisconsin?

If the conference scheduled the Purdue first from the get go why not play it as scheduled.😡

Each team plays their division opponents and two crossover games.

Our two crossover opponents?

Ohio State
Penn State

The two best teams in the conference?

Ohio State
Penn State

Any questions?

I think we can beat Bucky, but looking like 2-3 so far.
No we can't, write that down in ink.

Lucky to be 2-3 the way we've played NWU and U of I. 0-5 a real possibility, it's certainly not impossible to head into the Purdue game in search of the first win.

I'll give urban credit, called a spade a spade. The big got what they (and alvarez) wanted. OSU and wisc in CCG. Two easiest schedules in the big. Now let's go beat both of them
Northwestern and Purdue have easier schedules than Wisconsin. Wisconsin has Michigan. Those other two do not have any of the top 3 East teams

No we can't, write that down in ink.

Lucky to be 2-3 the way we've played NWU and U of I. 0-5 a real possibility, it's certainly not impossible to head into the Purdue game in search of the first win.
By Bucky I mean Wisconsin, not the Buckeyes.

Going to take into consideration that none of these games will have any fans in them so how ever they work the sound system in the stadium there isn’t going to be any home field advantage..

I love it. In the immortal words of Kiss, you wanted the best you got the best. Given the past month, this whole season will be basically playing with house money for every team except tOSU. Time for Frost to open up the playbook and let it rip. GBR

Huskers full schedule
Oct. 24: at Ohio State L
Oct. 31: vs. Wisconsin L
Nov. 7: at Northwestern W
Nov. 14: vs. Penn State L
Nov. 21: vs. Illinois W
Nov. 28: at Iowa W
Dec. 5: at Purdue W
Dec. 12: vs. Minnesota W
Dec. 19: Big Ten Championship week

Guess it all comes down to your expectations for this season. I didn't think the season would happen so I considered this a throwaway year anyway.

Real improvement may not happen on the win totals but use this mini-season as a springboard for next season. Rather play the best competition possible even if it means losing every game.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Huskers full schedule
Oct. 24: at Ohio State
Oct. 31: vs. Wisconsin
Nov. 7: at Northwestern
Nov. 14: vs. Penn State
Nov. 21: vs. Illinois
Nov. 28: at Iowa
Dec. 5: at Purdue
Dec. 12: vs. Minnesota
Dec. 19: Big Ten Championship week

Minnesota schedule
VS MICHIGAN
AT MARYLAND
AT ILLINOIS
VS IOWA
VS PURDUE
AT WISCONSIN
VS NORTHWESTERN
AT NEBRASKA

Iowa’s schedule
Oct. 24 - @ Purdue
Oct. 31 - vs. Northwestern
Nov. 7 - vs. Michigan State
Nov. 14 - @ Minnesota
Nov. 21 - @ Penn State
Nov. 28 - vs. Nebraska
Dec. 5 - @ Illinois
Dec. 12 - vs. Wisconsin

Iowa’s schedule

Oct. 24 - @ Purdue
Oct. 31 - vs. Northwestern
Nov. 7 - vs. Michigan State
Nov. 14 - @ Minnesota
Nov. 21 - @ Penn State
Nov. 28 - vs. Nebraska
Dec. 5 - @ Illinois
Dec. 12 - vs. Wisconsin

Iowa should have played at Minnesota first game as originally scheduled on Friday night...

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT