ADVERTISEMENT

We are....Big Ten!!! Go Wisconsin???

I finally got around to watching some tournament this weekend, found out I could still take or leave college basketball, but would have preferred Duke-Kentucky. College basketball for me = Meh. I do not like Bo Ryan though, so I will be pulling for Duke all the way tonight, if I watch much of it. Starts at 8:18 our time? I won't be up late enough to see the finish. .

Google "Jarrod Uthoff". Then remember Bo himself left his previous job in the middle of a contract, but had the audacity to cause this kid a lot of trouble when he wanted to leave.
This post was edited on 4/6 8:26 AM by litespeedhuskerfan

I will still watch a mediocre college game over the NBA ....if you didnt go to Duke why in the world would you ever root for that school in anything

I just like the way Wisconsin plays. They are consistent and don't beat themselves. They are a true "team" and avoid turnovers while still playing some great basketball.

Duke is obviously well coached and gets better overall athletes.

Both have the team aspect well in hand and that is a requirement of their coaches. Not selfish and play hard for each other. I didn't see much of this type of play in the Huskers this year and the sooner they can get to it, the better.

Exactly. What about Bo Ryan can you not like? He tells it like it is; he's honest. He complimented Tim Miles and the Husker basketball program last year. He gets his team to play friggin' hard and smart. Consistent offense, he's got the POY in Kaminsky. Two great coaches tonight in BR and MK, two great teams. Can't wait. Go B1G!

Going for Bucky. Earned a degree at UW-Madison and I love watching Frank and Sam play basketball.

As Nebraska doesn't have much of a history as a basketball power, it's next to impossible to have built any rivalries that limit teams to cheer for (or against.)

Duke is out of conference and has had a wealth of basketball success. Those things would lead one to cheer against Duke.

On the flip side, Coach K is as classy as they come and is easy to cheer for.

Wisconsin is in conference (in division even), but Nebraska clearly doesn't have any form of rivalry at least with their basketball team. The team plays the game the "right" way - as in a lot of movement, passes, few fouls and several assists resulting in offense.

Coach Ryan is a bit of a lightning rod. Some love his direct attitude. Some hold angst against him for his style and/or the dealings with the player that wanted to transfer a couple years back.

In my opinion, I'm cheering for the team from the midwest, that plays in the same conference as Nebraska. It's a no-brainer.

It is a no- brainer to cheer W on to victory. If Dukies win; get declared mythical and B1G sucks. This would give us the football and bb titles - let them try to work that into their egos.

Nothing of either of these schools compels me to root for either. I don't dislike either one, I'm just no fan of them, either. I love basketball, but don't give one iota for either of these teams. I hate not having a rooting interest. Duke bores me as does Bo Ryan, and Wisky fans turn my stomach. I do think Duke comes out on top, though. Duke is more battle tested than Kentucky was, and has athletes every bit as good as Kentucky has, too. I'll watch. I'll take Duke. But either way, I don't care who wins.

I can see how Iowa and Minnesota are repulsed, and as bitter rivals and mortal enemies would struggle to stomach Wisconsin winning it all....but for NU fans and others in the B1G, different story.

I'm not a big Wisconsin fan, however, both parents from Wisconsin, father had BS in Business from UW, Wisconsin is a public school from the Midwest and is in our conference. Duke is a private school from the South. No brainer. That being said, I personally prefer the NBA over college basketball. NCAA tourney is way too big. Too many automatics from meaningless conferences and first round games are usually zzzzzz. I do love the final four. Wish work would allow me to watch it live. Only got a chance to watch Wisky/UK 2nd half. Am off today so here's to a great final tonight. GO BADGERS!

Originally posted by cecilB:
I can see how Iowa and Minnesota are repulsed, and as bitter rivals and mortal enemies would struggle to stomach Wisconsin winning it all....but for NU fans and others in the B1G, different story.
+1

On Wisconsin.

Duke already whipped their ass in Madison once this year, expect the same tonight.....

Dekker was nonexistent in the game in Madison, but has been a monster since the middle of February. OTOH, Suliemon was the second leading scorer for Duke and isn't on the team. Bottom line is both teams have improved considerably since December. I think guard play will decide it, because unless one team gets the other's big in foul trouble, the front lines will pretty much cancel each other out.

seems to me that both Duke and Wisc play with PASSION--something I did not see from UK

Originally posted by Mr.Scary13:

Duke already whipped their ass in Madison once this year, expect the same tonight.....
True, but Rasheed Sulaimon was playing for Duke then, who was ultimately suspended from the team. So it's a different lineup and team. Even without Sulaimon, I think Duke is a tad better. They have such pressuring defense. And Okafor is such a stud. Probably be a close game. But again, I'll take Duke.

Originally posted by cecilB:
As a Gopher fan you hit the nail on the head.

Originally posted by Mr.Scary13:

That was December... This just in it's no longer December.

You can't be that naive

I don`t get the whole Go Wisconsin, Go Big Ten thing. We are Nebraska and in no way does a Wisconsin win do anything for us. Unless of course you mean a win will improve their recruiting even more and add more distance between us and them. Then by all means Go Wisconsin.
dead.r191677.gif

Originally posted by rrthusker:
I don`t get the whole Go Wisconsin, Go Big Ten thing. We are Nebraska and in no way does a Wisconsin win do anything for us. Unless of course you mean a win will improve their recruiting even more and add more distance between us and them. Then by all means Go Wisconsin.
dead.r191677.gif
Sorry Randy. Unless you have a hatred for Wisconsin, you want your opponents to do well because losing to the best makes you look good. Losing the team that lost makes it worse. Comprende? Not to mention that it's our own conference. Who wants to hear that we have the worst conference in the nation time and again. I know it's hard, but I don't want Duke to win. Wisconsin is so much closer to us in culture, proximity and relationship-wise. Suck it up and GO BADGERS!
This post was edited on 4/6 9:12 PM by bigboxes

Originally posted by bigboxes:
dead.r191677.gif
Sorry Randy. Unless you have a hatred for Wisconsin, you want your opponents to do well because losing to the best makes you look good. Losing the team that lost makes it worse. Comprende? Not to mention that it's our own conference. Who wants to hear that we have the worst conference in the nation time and again. I know it's hard, but I don't want Duke to win. Wisconsin is so much closer to us in culture, proximity and relationship-wise. Suck it up and GO BADGERS!
Nothing has made us look good this season. We lost to Creighton. Losing to Wisconsin does nothing to make us look better. We are just another notch on their belt. Wisconsin will only get better after a great tournament run like this one. Us, well we have another year sitting it out.

Originally posted by bigboxes:
dead.r191677.gif
Nothing has made us look good this season. We lost to Creighton. Losing to Wisconsin does nothing to make us look better. We are just another notch on their belt. Wisconsin will only get better after a great tournament run like this one. Us, well we have another year sitting it out.
That's on us, not Wisconsin. We need to play better, not them playing worse. You can't worry about our opponents, just ourselves. If we are playing like crap how can you root for our opponent's demise? Sounds like a loser mentality to me. I don't root for Wisconsin normally. When it comes to championships I'll root for our conference foes everytime (except for Texas). Go Badgers!

Yeah but B1G

I don't even care.
I'm just a man alone his den watching basketball and attempting to eat all the Easter leftovers.

Well not really alone. The dog is right by me.
He loves ham.

dead.r191677.gif
I'm with you on this. I don't care if Wisky wins this game. But by no means am I rooting for them because they're a conference team. Who cares about your conference teams? I don't. I never have. I just care about Nebraska winning. Nothing else. That whole SEC love amongst each other in their conference doesn't makes sense to me.

This post was edited on 4/6 9:46 PM by BetterRed

Feel sorry for the Badgers. Reminds me of when FSU beat the Huskers in the bowl. No way Wisconsin would be allowed to win this game

Originally posted by SBhusker:
No way Wisconsin would be allowed to win this game

Well, Wisconsin had 22 FT attempts v Kentucky, while the Wildcats had 10. This season, Wisconsin has made more free throws than its opponent has attempted in 17 of 24 games.

Those numbers add up to 85 more free throw makes than opponent attempts (383-298).

That plus-85 differential represents the HIGHEST in the nation. Duke is second nationally at plus-57, while Maryland is third at plus-50.

If you thought the refs wanted Wisconsin to lose, they would have done so in the Kentucky game. Wisconsin ended the historic Kentucky run. Plus they got twice as many FT attempts in that game.

Okafor and Winslow were both in deep foul trouble tonight with 4 each, how many did Kaminsky have? He played 39 minutes. People have complained about the refs all season, and there were blown calls tonight, but the best team won it by winning all the shooting percentages.

Originally posted by SBhusker:
Feel sorry for the Badgers. Reminds me of when FSU beat the Huskers in the bowl. No way Wisconsin would be allowed to win this game
Hmmm, you are suggesting the NCAA got together with the refs and decided this game off the court?

Alllllrighty then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT