ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early...

Craig Bohl with Scott Frost OC, Chris Klieman as DC. You asked. At least we'd have a future HC in waiting(silent) if Bohl wasn't cutting it.

Future would be way brighter, fan base more behind them and wouldn't have to make another change for 10 + years. Riley's not coaching 6 more years, so we get to start over again. Sweet, huh?

The good old redneck coaching preference. Has to be a former player, with another former player as offensive coordinator. My question was a rhetorical one, you didn't have to answer what I already anticipated to be an answer.

There are no guarantees in life. One thing is for certain though, as far as I'm concerned, it'd be a heck of a lot harder to can Bohl as a head coach if he wasn't cutting it. But hey, don't worry, we'd just hand the keys over to Scott Frost. Another head coach with no head coaching experience [2014]. That's worked out so well.

Former Huskers are the only ones that can coach at Nebraska. Except, Devaney and Osborne weren't former Huskers. Yikes.

At least Klieman knows how to hold Iowa to 21 points & win.

He's talking Bohl, the head coach of Wyoming that played against UNLV and New Mexico.

Craig Bohl with Scott Frost OC, Chris Klieman as DC. You asked. At least we'd have a future HC in waiting(silent) if Bohl wasn't cutting it.

Future would be way brighter, fan base more behind them and wouldn't have to make another change for 10 + years. Riley's not coaching 6 more years, so we get to start over again. Sweet, huh?
You gonna let thereisnoplace fight all your battles gamaxuvar?? Can't think for yourself?

Reactions: GBRhuskers
The good old redneck coaching preference. Has to be a former player, with another former player as offensive coordinator. My question was a rhetorical one, you didn't have to answer what I already anticipated to be an answer.

There are no guarantees in life. One thing is for certain though, as far as I'm concerned, it'd be a heck of a lot harder to can Bohl as a head coach if he wasn't cutting it. But hey, don't worry, we'd just hand the keys over to Scott Frost. Another head coach with no head coaching experience [2014]. That's worked out so well.

Former Huskers are the only ones that can coach at Nebraska. Except, Devaney and Osborne weren't former Huskers. Yikes.
Just because your in the minority in that thinking, doesn't mean we hate you. It hasn't worked for Riley over a 20+ year span, and won't here either. Give someone else's ideas some credence.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Just because your in the minority in that thinking, doesn't mean we hate you. It hasn't worked for Riley over a 20+ year span, and won't here either. Give someone else's ideas some credence.

I'm in the minority about what?

Rikey has two seasons at Nebraska. What happened at bottom feeding Oregon State has zero relevance to what will happen at Nebraska.

He's talking Bohl, the head coach of Wyoming that played against UNLV and New Mexico.
I was for Pelini's hiring( not a Husker). Klieman's not a Husker.

But, you're right, we should also kick your bitch boy out of that AD office too.

I was for Pelini's hiring( not a Husker). Klieman's not a Husker.

But, you're right, we should also kick your bitch boy out of that AD office too.

A lot of people were, myself included.

Eichorst is my bitch boy? What exactly does that mean?

Eichorst shit canned your idol and 99.99% of the nation celebrated on behalf of Nebraska.

I find this thread a window into a very interesting world.
Here, let me help your gasm.
4iuQj1n.gif

Reactions: jeans15
How ironic... telling us to give someone else's ideas some credence.

Here are the facts... those who are supportive of Riley have said give him a chance... let him see if he can turn this thing around. If he can't he'll be canned. Sounds reasonable, doesn't?

On the other hand, there are people like you saying "he will never be better than a .500 coach. 20 years, he ain't changing! Anybody who thinks otherwise is stupid!!!"

You probably aren't smart enough to see ge difference, are you? No one supportive of Riley is saying he is 100% the guy. Wait and see. Anti Riley crowd is saying he is 100% not the guy. Can him!

Why don't you give someone else's ideas credence?

I could definitely get onboard with that list. As things stand today, Bohl would be my first choice with Frost being second.

Bohl has proven that he can win in college football, much like Tressel. In a few years, if he does well down in Florida, Frost may move up to that first spot.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
I could definitely get onboard with that list. As things stand today, Bohl would be my first choice with Frost being second.

Bohl has proven that he can win in college football, much like Tressel. In a few years, if he does well down in Florida, Frost may move up to that first spot.
Definitely a top tier pick. Must have put a lot of thought in it. Lol, can't wait to hear your AD choice. Just admit it. You're re both butthurt the all former husker trio didnt get every single position from AD on down to waterboy. So transparent, so sad.

Reactions: GBRhuskers

And I hope you pick a very generous former husker as AD, because as you have said NU won't be relevant again until we spend big boy money on a top tier coach. So is it Bohl or frost gonna be getting saban, Meyer and harbaugh money?? Lol, I wasn't joking when I said you have no plan at all. You just confirmed. Nice work.

Reactions: timnsun
It funny how you guys just chalk the Iowa game as an automatic win every year.
No.. Some people do. Majority of knowledgeable fans would realize that Iowa under Farentz will always be a tough game. Farentz's teams are fundamentally sound and play physical. NU is a ways off, and should get better. But Frankly what does it matter, both teams are mediocre right now.

No.. Some people do. Majority of knowledgeable fans would realize that Iowa under Farentz will always be a tough game. Farentz's teams are fundamentally sound and play physical. NU is a ways off, and should get better. But Frankly what does it matter, both teams are mediocre right now.

Both teams are NOT mediocre. There are 128 D 1 teams and both are in the top 25 so they are both well above mediocre. Even if one slips out if the top 25 it isnt by much. Iowa has been a model of consistency so I don't expect they will be going anywhere anytime soon.

Both teams are NOT mediocre. There are 128 D 1 teams and both are in the top 25 so they are both well above mediocre. Even if one slips out if the top 25 it isnt by much. Iowa has been a model of consistency so I don't expect they will be going anywhere anytime soon.

Give it time. Don't be surprised if we slip back to mediocrity next year.

Sorry.. By definition no they aren't, but compared to teams playing in the playoffs. They indeed are average

You've won nothing. It will be that way until you do.
Better check the last two years scores, believe those rivalry trophies are in Iowa City? As well as the 2015 West Division Championship trophy. Most of the kids being recruited today were not even born when Nebraska won a NC. Quit acting like you are Ohio State.

Better check the last two years scores, believe those rivalry trophies are in Iowa City? As well as the 2015 West Division Championship trophy. Most of the kids being recruited today were not even born when Nebraska won a NC. Quit acting like you are Ohio State.

Raise those rivalry trophies high! You've got room in your trophy case.

Reactions: HBK4life
Sorry.. By definition no they aren't, but compared to teams playing in the playoffs. They indeed are average

By that definition, only four teams are not mediocre. The term suggests being in the middle, medium.

By that definition, only four teams are not mediocre. The term suggests being in the middle, medium.
Rankings/records aside.. The football we are playing is mediocre. its not Horrible like Purdue and it's no where near OSU or AL.. throw me another name for it..

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
would everyone shut up about the hot seat?!? Riley should get a minimum of 6 years. Building a program doesn't happen in 4 years at a place like Nebraska. We have to start giving people time to do something. In the short term, we aren't going to get the kinds of recruiting to be a top 10 team with freshmen and sophomores. It's going to take years of smart recruiting, redshirting and eventual upgrades in talent to create a program that develops guys and relies on 5th year senior type guys to beat the more talented but youthful teams like Ohio state and Michigan. Right now, we don't have anything that resembles that and you can't build it by year 3. That's the reality. And the more times we run off a coach without giving them a real shot, the further away we will become from being relevant again
I agree he needs time, no way near 6 years. There is a stat somewhere that stated if a coach has not won at least a conference championship by year 4 or 5 they never will. As long we show progress next year and get to 7 wins he deserves another year. Another 2 yrs gets 90% of Rileys recruits on the field. If he can't get a conference championship by then it isn't going to happen.

I agree he needs time, no way near 6 years. There is a stat somewhere that stated if a coach has not won at least a conference championship by year 4 or 5 they never will. As long we show progress next year and get to 7 wins he deserves another year. Another 2 yrs gets 90% of Rileys recruits on the field. If he can't get a conference championship by then it isn't going to happen.

You're making that stat up. You couldn't be any more vague. But it's your opinion. All we get by year 4-5 is a competitive team. HCMR is still repairing this team that Pelini left in disarray. We will still competing with OSU/Michigan etc. I'm going to enjoy our improvement from year to year until that time.

You're making that stat up. You couldn't be any more vague. But it's your opinion. All we get by year 4-5 is a competitive team. HCMR is still repairing this team that Pelini left in disarray. We will still competing with OSU/Michigan etc. I'm going to enjoy our improvement from year to year until that time.
While this only goes back 15 years. Guessing history holds pretty close. Bottom line good coaches find ways to win and win quickly.http://footballscoop.com/news/want-...-do-it-quickly-or-you-might-not-do-it-at-all/

We won't end up with a seven win season next year. This year with an offensive line made up of walk ons and ankle injury ridden players, with a QB who didn't fit the system and couldn't execute game plans like what we saw in Ryker's one game.

Next year we will have better depth on the o line, a better QB(my money is on Lee) better depth on the defensive side of the ball and the infusion of receiving talent to fill in the gaps of the departed like Westy, there is no reason we shouldn't be favored in every game not against Ohio State and Penn State if they maintain what they have this year. Tre Bryant has looked legit in the backfield in his limited time, Ozigbo will be back and healthy, Mikeal could break out.

With improved special teams play(not hard coming from 127/128) this team is going to be something good next year. IF you think otherwise, I think your letting your battered spouse syndrome from the Pelini era affect you still

We won't end up with a seven win season next year. This year with an offensive line made up of walk ons and ankle injury ridden players, with a QB who didn't fit the system and couldn't execute game plans like what we saw in Ryker's one game.

Next year we will have better depth on the o line, a better QB(my money is on Lee) better depth on the defensive side of the ball and the infusion of receiving talent to fill in the gaps of the departed like Westy, there is no reason we shouldn't be favored in every game not against Ohio State and Penn State if they maintain what they have this year. Tre Bryant has looked legit in the backfield in his limited time, Ozigbo will be back and healthy, Mikeal could break out.

With improved special teams play(not hard coming from 127/128) this team is going to be something good next year. IF you think otherwise, I think your letting your battered spouse syndrome from the Pelini era affect you still

Exactly. If Riley's history shows us anything, it's that we can expect to be playing for the conference title next year....

or staring at a 4-8 record, or whatever.

Last edited:
Rankings/records aside.. The football we are playing is mediocre. its not Horrible like Purdue and it's no where near OSU or AL.. throw me another name for it..

By records and comparison to our league and others we would be above average but barely and not approaching excellent since that is rare air. Purdue would be well below average. We were below average last year for sure. Best I can come up with but we are not mediocre compared to everyone else but we are mediocre compared to where we once were in Nebraska football. I think that is where we run into problems making comparisons, our bar is pretty high in Husker land.

The team could very well be better overall (although I am not convinced) but still have a worse record. The record isn't always based on your ability but also on the ability of your opponent and we have some dandies next year. Iowa, Northwester, OSU, Wisconsin and Penn State all have very good teams returning.

The team could very well be better overall (although I am not convinced) but still have a worse record. The record isn't always based on your ability but also on the ability of your opponent and we have some dandies next year. Iowa, Northwester, OSU, Wisconsin and Penn State all have very good teams returning.

I get that, but I would take this years Nebraska team vs those guys short of OSU and PSU if we had a quarterback capable of the kind of throws needed to make in this offense. I know it won't be exactly the same team, but I think we will be better off with the guys redshirting now playing on the oline, the dline, and then the infusion of receiving talent to offset the losses. I think the winner of the Lee O'Brien smackdown will be a big upgrade for this offense. God bless Tommy's heart, but we need accuracy and the ability to read a defense and not chuck it when under any pressure.

Just me, you're free to disagree with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT