ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early forecast for East Lansing.

hey, @antirowboat, as always, don't let facts get in the way of another string of dozens of the exact same post:

In four games, Nebraska has run the ball 183 times and passed 107 times. For those of you keeping score at home, that is a 63:37 run/pass ratio

what a dipsh*t. go back to the gopher hole you came from

hey, @antirowboat, as always, don't let facts get in the way of another string of dozens of the exact same post:

In three games, Nebraska has run the ball 145 times and passed 82 times. For those of you keeping score at home, that is a 64:36 run/pass ratio

It is down to 63.1:36.9 (183 - 107)

And the grandest coach in the land from Coastal Carolina - The Option King - 113:64 or 63.8:36.2 ratio

What is funny is you guys actually thought I was serious about passing. Frick, Frost should run 80% of the time and a lot more in the option concepts. He would be a hell of a lot more successful if he did that but nope.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
There's a huge difference between running the ball in a left coast offence and power I
it has to do with blocking schemes

that said, maybe frost can recruiting johnny 5 star blue chip qb away from ut, nd, bama, osu, etc....with the matching pass blocking 5 star blue chip o-linemen and receivers...

maybe not....time will tell

it was nice to see our 2 superstar receivers show up to the game, glad they could find the time to get involved.

but we are where we are so I guess:

1. stop msu's run
2. stop their pass
3. hit passes behind their d-line to establish the run
4. may the winds of the gridiron blow in our kickers favor. (we have to be due)

Reactions: dinglefritz
Don’t forget it’s a grass field and Michigan State always turns every game into a mosh pit! With the small spread and over/under, this will be a really tough game.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz

In four games, Nebraska has run the ball 183 times and passed 107 times. For those of you keeping score at home, that is a 63:37 run/pass ratio

I don't say this often but i think he's an idiot....

Pass the ball folks. let's go 4 and 5 WR sets all game and we will show the world Nebraska is now the air raid offense and make the Big Ten adjust how they play defense to us.

Pass The Damn Ball baby!!!

Have to play to our strengths and that def isn't running the football. It's letting AM scramble and make plays to our talented receiving options.

I don’t have an issue with the run/pass ratio but I’d be curious to know how many of the rushing attempts above were actually QB scrambles.

We need to get a RB going. I get that the Oline is MAC level but the musical chairs at RB is not working.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Don’t forget it’s a grass field and Michigan State always turns every game into a mosh pit! With the small spread and over/under, this will be a really tough game.
If the field is damp and slick a WR has an advantage in pass routes IMO. We are going to have to run the ball but our best weapons are probably our WRs versus their DBs and LBers and Adrian scrambling......

is it winter up there, already?
It's about the same as Northeast Nebraska right now. The weather pattern has changed and another cold front is forecast to sweep across the upper midwest later this week. It won't be long and we'll get some snow flakes.... FINALLY FOOTBALL WEATHER!!!!

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I don’t have an issue with the run/pass ratio but I’d be curious to know how many of the rushing attempts above were actually QB scrambles.

We need to get a RB going. I get that the Oline is MAC level but the musical chairs at RB is not working.
Everybody has been selling out to stop the run to make us beat them with Adrian's arm as a pocket passer. The other thing they've done is spy him to try to keep him in the pocket. Frost made the comment a week or so ago about people loading the box. It worked for Illinois. Not so much for OU because Adrian hit some passes. Maybe the OU video makes DCs worry a little about our passing game but I sort of doubt it. There is zero doubt that Frost at least made a concerted attempt to run the ball with our RBs against OU. That was good to see and I think it helped. I know people want to see more screen passes but when you have linebackers hanging out spying on Adrian, I'm not sure that would work.

Nah, pass the ball. How else are we going to attract those 4-star and 5-star QB's and WRs?
Pass the ball baby.
Pass the ball folks. let's go 4 and 5 WR sets all game and we will show the world Nebraska is now the air raid offense and make the Big Ten adjust how they play defense to us.

Pass The Damn Ball baby!!!
Nope, I'm actually having fun with the anti-run-the-ball crowd.

How about take a long hike!

Dude, every season there are Husker fans that think they don't run the ball and every season they run the ball a lot.

What is funny is you guys actually thought I was serious about passing. Frick, Frost should run 80% of the time and a lot more in the option concepts. He would be a hell of a lot more successful if he did that but nope.
I sort of caught that sarcasm, but it wasn't real clear. I thought you were trolling Tuco to be honest.. you guys have this thing going lately...

I'm a run the damn ball guy myself, but the team also has some receivers with the ability to produce, and there may be more upside there as the season progresses. And Martinez is doing a much better job operating the passing offense, which is nice considering the upgrade in receiving options.
Johnson had a nice game Saturday, but I don't think we'll be chanting "Fear Rahmir" anytime soon, so we better also have a passing game. In fact, Rahmir meshes nicely with what NU is trying to do in the passing game.

Reactions: 9and4
They'll be expecting the run so air it out
Years ago I coached middle school football. One season we sucked, really bad, so the week before a game we changed our entire offense and went to a double wing. I told the opposing coach about it and he said "How did you change your entire offense in a week" and I said "Well, we sucked before in the old offense and we suck in this new offense so it wasn't much of a change?

Rainy, high in the 60s low of 46. Run the ball.

It's the crappy weather and cold that add to the plodding nature of the big ten. I wish we played down south, then we could actually attend and enjoy games.

Oh well. Sorry for complaining in your thread. The big ten is just not entertaining.

It's the crappy weather and cold that add to the plodding nature of the big ten. I wish we played down south, then we could actually attend and enjoy games.

Oh well. Sorry for complaining in your thread. The big ten is just not entertaining.
I hated practicing in the heat. I loved playing in the cold and slop. I'm glad we're not in the SEC. The Big 12 had a nice blend of weather for games but I guarantee that the players other than the WRs would rather play in the cold than in the heat.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT