ADVERTISEMENT

Watts announcing today.

Just be glad he committed early. When Riley was here some of those California kids drug him all the way to signing day when they knew they were staying home to play college. Some of them didn’t even have a husker hat on the table but we all thought we had a chance at them.

So help me here, if it is in "his mind" how do you know it is made up? I guess you must be a mind reader. How many decisions do 18 year old kids make where they are no brainers, never going to change?

I am actually happy for the kid. How many people get the opportunity for a ND education?
Not rocket science to put information together and take a very educated guess. Since he ended up picking ND my mind reading skills must be amazing. Anyone who half pays attention to recruiting knew he was going to ND.

Quarterback Harry Stuhldreher, left halfback Jim Crowley, right halfback Don Miller, and fullback Elmer Layden had run rampant through Irish opponents' defenses since coach Knute Rockne devised the lineup in 1922 during their sophomore season. During the three-year tenure of the Four Horsemen, Notre Dame lost only two games; one each in 1922 and 1923, both to Nebraska in Lincoln before packed houses.

Reactions: SOHusker11
That because Notre Dame couldn’t handle the stiff competition weekly from the big 10, all they’d have in the acc Clemson Florida State and thug u Miami, right now only Clemson is a threat. But until the NCAA makes them join a conference in football they’ll stay independent so they can play a mostly cupcakes
Laughing

Reactions: zonairish
Notre Dame SOS 2018-2019 #11 (12-1)

Nebraska SOS 2018-2019 #41 (4-8)

Notre Dame SOS 2017-2018 #7 (10-3) (played a ridiculous 7 teams that finished the year ranked)

Nebraska SOS 2017 #40 (4-8)

Notre Dame plays some of the toughest schedules in the country every season, the BIG has been trash for years outside of Ohio State. Not a lot of common sense go into some of these posts, but I guess if my favorite team was a combined (8-16) in the last two years, I'd try to stay as far away from reality as possible.

That because Notre Dame couldn’t handle the stiff competition weekly from the big 10, all they’d have in the acc Clemson Florida State and thug u Miami, right now only Clemson is a threat. But until the NCAA makes them join a conference in football they’ll stay independent so they can play a mostly cupcakes

Notre Dame SOS 2017-2018 #7 (10-3) (played a ridiculous 7 teams that finished the year ranked)

Notre Dame plays some of the toughest schedules in the country every season, the BIG has been trash for years outside of Ohio State. Not a lot of common sense go into some of these posts, but I guess if my favorite team was a combined (8-16) in the last two years, I'd try to stay as far away from reality as possible.
It’s still funny watching you get embarrassed during the playoffs, so you blowing about a tough schedule doesn’t hold water or else your tough schedule would have you prepared better maybe even win

It’s still funny watching you get embarrassed during the playoffs, so you blowing about a tough schedule doesn’t hold water or else your tough schedule would have you prepared better maybe even win

Are we going to expect Frost to achieve the same or better results than Kelly? Playoff appearance in year 3. 2 playoff appearances in 9 years. Averaging a major bowl appearance every 3 years?

Last edited:
Lost to the best team in the country who beat Alabama by even more. Where was Nebraska? Oh I forgot Nebraska was sitting at home.

Your concern is noted but I assure you that Notre Dame is doing just fine.

How about doing us a big favor and stay as far away from here as possible?

How about doing us a big favor and stay as far away from here as possible?
I just came to this board to get some information from you guys about Xavier, all I've seen is a series of dumb posts not backed by actual facts. If someone posts something stupid, they need to know just how stupid the post is, it's how we grow.

Are we going to expect Frost to achieve the same or better results than Kelly? Playoff appearance in year 3. 2 playoff appearances in 9 years. Averaging a major bowl appearance every 3 years?
That’s the best question in this thread. Kelly has had ND in the playoff hunt deep into November four of the last five years.

I think Frost will be very similar if Nebraska fans can stay patient. It usually takes 3-5 years to establish a system that wins consistently year over year.

I just came to this board to get some information from you guys about Xavier, all I've seen is a series of dumb posts not backed by actual facts. If someone posts something stupid, they need to know just how stupid the post is, it's how we grow.
Yeah right, you came here to gloat!! No go back to praying the rosary. It actually doesn’t bother me that mr watts chose nd at least it wasn’t another big 10 school.

Frost is a good coach and he will definitely get the buskers more competitive but to get the conversation as in possible playoffs it takes not only a great staff but the ability to recruit game changers on offense and defense. The biggest problem for Nebraska will getting those defensive game changers.

will-nixon-234523

Well the plus side here is...this MAY have opened the door for Will Nixon to go Huskers...GBR
Looks like you have a good chance here

Terrible post.. RollingLaugh

Whether or not Watts sticks with ND, I wish him success. He had some sound reasoning in picking them. Hard to pass up a degree from ND.

I get the networking angle. But honestly, employers want 3rd world servants, not people with college degrees. Oh, how times have changed . . . for the worse.

Reactions: SC_'sker

year 3 for Kelly was vacated because of an academic cheating scandal

that season never happened according to the ncaa's history books

facts only

Reactions: huskerssalts
Jesus ND fans...you guys got Watts. Disappear already. Stop worrying about what us Husker fans think about ND. And why does it matter what we think to you guys anyway??? Frost WILL indeed turn the Huskers around and he’s already proven, give him a few years with a team and he will have them competing with the best of them.

And here’s something weird...the last 20 the Huskers are 151-91 and Notre Dame 151-87. Loses being different because Notre Dame doesn’t play in a conference title game. Oh wait...those records aren’t right....Notre Dame had to vacate their 2012 12-1 and 2013 9-4 seasons...so that’s Notre Dame 130-87 record the past 20 years ;)

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT