ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Last Season’s Husker Games

NorthWillRiseAgain

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 14, 2004
mobile.twitter.com
Realized I don’t remember much from last year. Pretty sure I just blocked out most of it.

Couple dumb observations

-Most of the guys you heard called out during the games aren’t back.

-We we’re so self destructive. When you need a play, every unit gave something up in crunch time.

-Special teams looks as bad as I remembered.

-Martinez rarely threw with his feet planted, even when no pressure.

-Oliver Martin’s effort sometimes was crap.

-Culp was a headcase

-RB looked far worse than they needed to with this crap OLine.

I see Special Teams being better across the board, because it couldn’t be worse.
I have a hard time seeing this OLine getting enough improvement to fix the running game and pressure issues with a coach getting his feet wet(if it does improve, that’s a big red flag on Greg Austin). There’s so many new parts, with our best new coaches in areas our weak offensive line could negate.

I’m hopeful as always, but from a standpoint of knowing your parts, it’s hard to see this team winning more than 5 to 6 games.

Realized I don’t remember much from last year. Pretty sure I just blocked out most of it.

Couple dumb observations

-We we’re so self destructive. When you need a play, every unit gave something up in crunch time.

-Culp was a headcase

I see Special Teams being better across the board, because it couldn’t be worse.
I have a hard time seeing this OLine getting enough improvement to fix the running game and pressure issues with a coach getting his feet wet(if it does improve, that’s a big red flag on Greg Austin). There’s so many new parts, with our best new coaches in areas our weak offensive line could negate.

I’m hopeful as always, but from a standpoint of knowing your parts, it’s hard to see this team winning more than 5 to 6 games.
well I brought up that we won 3 out of 4 NC's running the ball with coaches that could tie their shoes..
but I been informed by pass happy fans, that what we saw last year is the hip, new wave of the future.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
well I brought up that we won 3 out of 4 NC's running the ball with coaches that could tie their shoes..
but I been informed by pass happy fans, that what we saw last year is the hip, new wave of the future.
How and with whom did we win that 4th title? If you could also comment on the shoes as well that would be awesome - were they wearing slip-ons?

And here is something that will really blow your mind:

we’ve won 5 national titles

from 94 to 97, 4 NC games were played..

we won the 94, 95, and 97 title, running the football

Reactions: RaulJones

Couple dumb observations

-Culp was a headcase

are-you-ok-checking.gif

Couple dumb observations

-Culp was a headcase

I disagree about the OL. I think Teddy P. will be a very effective LT allowing Corcoran to move to left guard, This will improve the left side of the OL considerably IMO.

Reactions: king_kong_

Couple dumb observations

-Culp was a headcase

We were close

I just watched the OU game. Martinez was great. The OL was terrible. The FG kicking was terrible. After our TD to cut it to 7 with 5.5 min left, OU had 1st and 14 at their own 4. They picked up a 2nd and 10 and then later a 2nd and 7 with basic shotgun handoffs. They also picked up a few 3rd and 10s with intermediate passes that were killers throughout the game.

Couple dumb observations

-Culp was a headcase

Most of this seems spot on. Such a frustrating team in so many ways.
I remember calling out AM for refusing to set his feet when he had time.
Maybe we didn’t have all conference RBs, but OL is where it all begins.
It’s a common theme on these threads, but this year may hinge on the OL.

We also need to be sure we can stop the run, which is not yet a given, although it seems our pieces should be adequate.

Just personnel-wise, this year will look very different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT