Uptown
I have a problem.
I want all the watches.
I have 11 and want 12.
When I get 12 I will want 13.

I am out of control.

I want to know what watches you wear.

Reactions: headcard
Raymond Weil Parsifal. 18 k band and case. Purchased in 1984 for around $900. The price of gold now makes it an expensive watch these days.

Reactions: c2o
I have a problem.
I want all the watches.
I have 11 and want 12.

I am out of control.

Timex that I bought last week for $37. Outrageous! The most money I have ever spent on a watch.

Don't wear jewelry of any kind. If I want to know what time it is I look at my phone. Don't have anything against jewelry wearing folks just never could stand it myself. Except gages- if you have gages in your ears I automatically assume you are a fackin moron unless you are actually from one of those African tribes

I have a Hamilton, bought in 1989 and I really love the thing. I like watches, I have 10, but the Hamilton is the crown jewel.

My body style is weird in that I'm built like an octopus. I wish I could say I am skinny, but I'm truly a fat guy with skinny arms and legs, like an octopus. So watches don't look right on my thin wrists.

Now my grandpa, he was a butcher at a Hormel plant for 30 years. That gives you wrists made for a watch. As long as you don't focus in the meat hooks it gives you for hands and just look at the watch. He wears an old timex that you buy for $20. It looks amazing on him.

I wore a watch since junior high. Started with stop watches with a rubber band and then in high school I was given a Fossil watch for Christmas.

Wore Fossil watches ever since until I left my last job in 2014. When I worked retail, I had to have a watch set to match the time clock. All the kids I hired used their phones as a watch; only problem was you weren't allowed to carry your phone at work.

I felt naked without my watch. Seriously. I had to have one. As soon as I lost or broke one, it had to be replaced. My wife wouldn' let me spend much on a watch after losing one, so I went to the cheap $10 Fossil look-a-likes from Walmart until I left retail.

Reading this thread is the first time that I realized that I don't wear a watch anymore! I guess that I am like those kids since I can carry my phone with me everywhere I go. No purpose for knowing the exact time anymore for my current job.

i used to wear a swatch in the eighties. replaced it with a fossil in the early 90's until it gave out and didnt wear one again until i got a swiss army watch from my wife for our wedding. i wore it until it quit working. i guess i need to send it in for repair. i have a fitbit my wife got me, but it doesnt have the same sentimental value as the swiss army, even if it looks dated.

simplicity is lacking these days.

A man should wear a watch.
It can be a problem for men doing manly work at times. I finally ditched mine after about 47 years. I do have a nice faux gold Seiko sitting in my top drawer of my dresser.......with a dead battery. Truck clock, tractor clock, flip phone (yeah I know but it takes a beating the smart phones won't and it's cheaper) clock. Don't need no stinking wrist watch.

Never could stand wearing a watch or a wedding ring.

I only wear my wedding ring when I'm out. Once I get home or sit down at my desk, the ring comes off. If I was into tattoos or it would be acceptable at work, I'd just tattoo a ring.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I only wear my wedding ring when I'm out. Once I get home or sit down at my desk, the ring comes off. If I was into tattoos or it would be acceptable at work, I'd just tattoo a ring.
I also hate wearing a ring. I did not wear one with my first wife. She divorced me. My second wife demanded I wear my ring and we have made it 9 years, so I think I will keep wearing it.

I've acquired a taste for the Japanese Domestic Model Seikos. Most of them run in the $300-$500 range, but I only have two at the moment.

The SARG015 (blue) and the SARB033 (black). My next purchase will be the "Cocktail time" watch which is basically silver.

For a "beater" watch I'll probably end up with a Seiko SKX007 diver. Alot of the military types I work with wear G Shocks, and I thought about getting one, but I've never been a huge fan of the digital readout and I really don't need anything to handle extreme situations. Just mucking about the yard, working on the car, around town.

Personally I think Seiko automatics are way better bang for the buck than the Swiss models. I'm a fan of the Hamilton field style watches though.

Reactions: c2o
I also hate wearing a ring. I did not wear one with my first wife. She divorced me. My second wife demanded I wear my ring and we have made it 9 years, so I think I will keep wearing it.

I'm on my third wedding ring. The first one lasted a week and it now has rested about 10 years at the bottom of the ocean off Poipu Beach in Kauai. The second was shattered in a million pieces on a golf course in Lake Okoboji. And this third one has made it ok.

I'm on my third wedding ring. The first one lasted a week and it now has rested about 10 years at the bottom of the ocean off Poipu Beach in Kauai. The second was shattered in a million pieces on a golf course in Lake Okoboji. And this third one has made it ok.
Funny.. My first is at the bottom of Lake Havasu, my second somewhere on the beach at Lake Mead, my third had to be cut off when I broke my finger, and am now on my fourth. P.S. I used to stay at the Poipu Beach Hotel back in the day when it was about the only hotel available in Poipu.

Never found a watch or ring that I wouldn't break. My father bought me an extremely expensive watch once, lasted less than 2 weeks.

Citizen Econ-Drive No winding, no battery always on, keeps perfect time

About to put this one on Ebay - your's for $700

Purchased new 1972, now with original case and box it came in.

Under 12 reads Girard Perregaux, under that Gyromatic

This watch was a gift to me from my loving wife.

I wore it more or less regularly for about 3 years

appearance - really great condition, face is bright clean silver, hands & numerals bright gold,
case is all 14k gold without blemish

call me

20151207_161834_zpsiqccm0jd.jpg

20160112_214305_zpsaabkt0v5.jpg

Wear a fossil blue I've had for about 15 years, but have been looking at getting a new one recently as it is getting pretty rough. New one I've been looking at is a bulova.

I have a Citizen EcoDrive - the power cell goes bad eventually. Had it replaced once and it failed again - I think it is at least 10 years old so not too badd. I have a few cheap Timex beaters and a new Sieko I wear to work.

I have a Bulova Caravelle watch that I bought for about $75 - it will turn 30 next year. Also have a Citizen watch that I got as a gift 20 years ago. I like to keep a black leather band on one and a brown or burgundy band on the other. Neither is a flashy or fancy watch but they work fine for me.Also have a cheapo sports watch that I wear on the weekends and to the gym, just to save wear-and-tear on the other two.

I have a problem.
I want all the watches.
I have 11 and want 12.

I am out of control.

Casio Wave Ceptor. Solar battery, never needs winding. Gets set six times daily by the atomic clock in Colorado. Damned thing so accurate I have become a time snob. Whenever someone looks at their overpriced Rolex and announces the time I'll check mine and remind them how far off their punk ass piece of pretty boy junk is. I collect restraining orders like c20 collects watches.

I sleep with a watch on. Just part of me and always have to have one on me. Have several Luminox watches (dress and sport). Most are twenty years old and one their 5 battery and still not missing a second.

I have to wear a watch. Just my thing at all times. Luminox is the only thing I wear. Have a couple different dress but my favorite is the original Navy Seal. Is part of me after 25 years and still running great.

I have two:

The first was a high school graduation present, Tag Heuer Link from 1999.

The second is a fully refurbished 1950 Omega bumper automatic watch. It was my grandfathers and I had it restored, which was extremely expensive, but it's a family heirloom now, in the amazing condition that it is in.

When I have more money, I really want to get a Zenith Captain Moonphase, and eventually want to replace the Tag's everyday use with an Omega Speedmaster or Seamaster.

I'm a huge watch-head. I love wearing them. But I've only worn my Android Wear since I switched to that. I never thought I'd buy into the smart watch thing, but now I can't imagine life without it. Crazy, I know.

Casio Wave Ceptor. Solar battery, never needs winding. Gets set six times daily by the atomic clock in Colorado. Damned thing so accurate I have become a time snob. Whenever someone looks at their overpriced Rolex and announces the time I'll check mine and remind them how far off their punk ass piece of pretty boy junk is. I collect restraining orders like c20 collects watches.

Reminding a stranger that their watch doesn't keep good time? There's a worthwhile endeavor. Who knew time-keeping had become such an important topic.

I have nearly 40 watches. While the most expensive is only $600. the best are some of those I haggled for on Canal Street in NYC. And yes I wear them all, almost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT