ADVERTISEMENT

watched the player interviews, these kids are hurting man, stay behind them

bleed husker red

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Eichorst and Riley are big boys, I have no problem going after them, but the players they deserver our support and they deserve better from the leaders

I'm disappointed we left Farniok on an island today even though he was struggling. Watch Iowa do max protect to keep their QB off his ass. Watch Wiscy or Stanford.

Eichorst and Riley are big boys, I have no problem going after them, but the players they deserver our support and they deserve better from the leaders

I'm disappointed we left Farniok on an island today even though he was struggling. Watch Iowa do max protect to keep their QB off his ass. Watch Wiscy or Stanford.
Sad part is we went max protect and it still didn't matter.

I feel for Farniok. His position coach and OC did him no favors today. Kid is a redshirt freshmen. He showed he cares more about this program than his two coaches did IMO.

I don't blame the kids. They want to be great, you don't come to a place like Nebraska and expect to lose games like this. I just hope they fight hard for the rest of the season and play with a lot of pride. They aren't going to win many more games so I want them to enjoy the few they do get and play for for one another.

I don't blame the players or coaches, I blame the dumbasses pass happy folks in power who think Nebraska is going to turn into montana / rice and be consistant at it.

Reactions: RedSea
I feel for Farniok. His position coach and OC did him no favors today. Kid is a redshirt freshmen. He showed he cares more about this program than his two coaches did IMO.
Because he know how bad he played. Farniok got beat on just about every play. He sucked at Oregon too. He's not ready yet. Maybe he never will be. There has to be other options at the RT spot.

It's good that they are really hurting. Failure should hurt. It's part of growing up.

I just hope fans resist the temptation to twitter insults to them -- as if that isn't happening right now in spite of my hope. It got so bad at ASU last week after their SDSU loss that ASU admin tweeted asking fans to tweet them the insults instead of the players.

SE is who you should be talking to. He threw the players under the bus.

Total support for the players. The coaches sre the ones failing the program.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace

I think there should some accountability for the players, a lot of dropped passes, poor throws, missed tackles and still way too many penalties. This was a team loss, plain and simple from the AD, coaches as well as the players themselves.

Reactions: TFrazier
I think there should some accountability for the players, a lot of dropped passes, poor throws, missed tackles and still way too many penalties. This was a team loss, plain and simple from the AD, coaches as well as the players themselves.

Correct, before any of these players get my support I want to find out how many bloody lips, black eyes and fights there are after Monday's practice. Sometimes the players have to hold their teammates accountable. That's how it was done in the 90's and it shouldn't be any different today. Can you imagine the carnage the Peter brothers would have brought forth if they lost to a Northern Illinois team?

Correct, before any of these players get my support I want to find out how many bloody lips, black eyes and fights there are after Monday's practice. Sometimes the players have to hold their teammates accountable. That's how it was done in the 90's and it shouldn't be any different today. Can you imagine the carnage the Peter brothers would have brought forth if they lost to a Northern Illinois team?
A lot different world that we live in presently, I cant real think of vocal leader of this team, yes there are captains of the team, but none have come out and said how they feel about this team's performance this year.

A lot different world that we live in presently, I cant real think of vocal leader of this team, yes there are captains of the team, but none have come out and said how they feel about this team's performance this year.

Luke Gifford would be the only one.

Yes to most. However, no to Iowa and 'max protect' . They do not use a TE or RB to chip and end. They have blitz pick up responsibility, but they expect line to handle their 1v1 responsibilities. It's a staple of their OLine philosophy

I have no problem with the kids my problem is specifically with the A.D. the chancellor and allowing the huskers to be destroyed over the last 20 years while I watch programs like Wisconsin and Penn State and many others Ohio State and Michigan snapback Oklahoma

Sadly many husker fans on here will support the coach over the program and will gladly throw players under the bus, despite the fact that they need to be coached properly to improve and put in positions that give them a chance.

All of those things come back to coaching. Good coaching will eliminate many of those problems.

Sadly many husker fans on here will support the coach over the program and will gladly throw players under the bus, despite the fact that they need to be coached properly to improve and put in positions that give them a chance.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they support the coach over the program, rather they have a different view of what's best for the program. I don't exactly share their view in most ways but some are more patient than others even when the writing is on the wall. There were two sides of the fence under each of the coaches that were fired from Nebraska.

Sad part is we went max protect and it still didn't matter.

It wouldn't kill us to max protect with a backup offensive lineman once in a while. Heck ... give him a 80-99 jersey for some plays.
I think I saw perhaps Gaylord or Decker with an eligible receiver number last year but I never saw it used. How about Boe Wilson or Raridon lining up at Fullback?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT