ADVERTISEMENT

Watch Ya‘ll Cooking Tomorrow?

blackshirts25

Walk On
Dec 10, 2004
I know many of you geriatric savages have and/or are hosting a get together tomorrow in the name of the greatest sport spectacle America has to offer. Liver and beans? Cow tongue? Stew meat?

I’m kidding on the Husker Board being old, but honestly, I wanna know if anyone is going out of their way to fire up something good. If so, what’s the plan?

I know many of you geriatric savages have and/or are hosting a get together tomorrow in the name of the greatest sport spectacle America has to offer. Liver and beans? Cow tongue? Stew meat?

I’m kidding on the Husker Board being old, but honestly, I wanna know if anyone is going out of their way to fire up something good. If so, what’s the plan?
Keeping it pretty simple because just gonna be the wife and I.... that I know of. Wings, mazzorella sticks, veggie tray.

Pretty lame I know

Got a pot roast in the cast iron Dutch Oven. The last several have turned out perfectly. I buy a chuck roast with nice marbling and then cut up an onion that goes on the bottom of the pot.

The roast I season with Lawry's, garlic powder, and pepper. Then I add beef stock til it covers the roast and some red wine. I put it in the oven at 225 and let it slow roast 5-6 hours. Comes out falling apart tender.

Then mashed potatoes with butter, cream cheese, and sour cream in them. Whip them in the stand mixer until they're creamy.

Gravy I strain the onions out of the drippings then whisk in Wondra flour, worcestershire sauce, and maybe more lawry's, garlic powder or pepper if it needs it.

It isn't health food but it's damned good.

Wanted to start Super Bowl Sunday out right. I decided on Huevos Rancheros. Here is a picture taken with my good camera and tripod.

Once our company came I couldn't really set up for a good shot, and the game was already starting, so I snapped a quick pic with my phone. The cheese is the cold smoked Gouda.

This picture simply doesn't do this delicious cheeseburger justice.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Got a pot roast in the cast iron Dutch Oven. The last several have turned out perfectly. I buy a chuck roast with nice marbling and then cut up an onion that goes on the bottom of the pot.

The roast I season with Lawry's, garlic powder, and pepper. Then I add beef stock til it covers the roast and some red wine. I put it in the oven at 225 and let it slow roast 5-6 hours. Comes out falling apart tender.

Then mashed potatoes with butter, cream cheese, and sour cream in them. Whip them in the stand mixer until they're creamy.

Gravy I strain the onions out of the drippings then whisk in Wondra flour, worcestershire sauce, and maybe more lawry's, garlic powder or pepper if it needs it.

It isn't health food but it's damned good.
Next chuck roast you make try:
3/4 stick of butter
Can of beef broth
Packet of ranch seasoning
Pepperoncini peppers to taste.
Maybe some better than bullion to bolster the beef flavor of gravy.

Yours sound very good. At least try the pepperoncini. Adds a great flavor to a chuck roast and the gravy.

Reactions: DerHusker
ADVERTISEMENT