ADVERTISEMENT

Washington NFL

Utah Clear
Arches?

630x355.jpg

And this was proven how/when? Looking for factual evidence here, not fabricated talking points.

There was another thread on this a few days ago where several posters chimed in with several different articles and polls about it. "Fabricated talking point"??? Me? Ha. How dare you :)

Warriors has to be the most generic mascot ever. 134286 high schools called, they want their mascot back.

Warriors has to be the most generic mascot ever. 134286 high schools called, they want their mascot back.

What ever, considering the original name it fits perfectly without offending the snowflakes..

File this with the other temporary "outrage" when the Oilers and Browns changed their names. Nobody cares that they're the Titans and the Ravens now. The Browns exist again. Houston got a team but named them the Texans instead of the Oilers. I lost track of the name and city swapping with the Rams and Cardinals.

Reactions: saluno22
Minor League Baseball is definitely leading the charge when it comes to unique team names/mascots. A bunch of these teams sell merch to "fans" that will probably never watch a single game.

Montgomery Biscuits
New Orleans Baby Cakes
Hartford Yard Goats
Bakersfield Train Robbers
Albuquerque Isotopes
Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Akron Rubber Ducks
Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
Richmond Flying Squirrels
Columbia Fireflys
Hickory Crawdads
Traverse City Beach Bums
Winnipeg Goldeyes
Brevard Manatees
Vermont Lake Monsters
Savannah Sand Gnats
etc.

I own a Hickory Crawdads hat.

I'm not necessarily upset with the Washington Warriors name, just the spelling. 11 letters, but only the w's are capitalized....are they implying w's are superior letters?

Washington new name and logo will be announced sometime today..
Owner Snider is leaning toward the Warriors..

angrybunny.jpg

Agree, Bunnies are legit, especially that yoked, drug-addled, cap-wearing no-pants badass cartoon version. The one that never made sense to me is Skutt Skyhawks, as opposed to ground hawks? Yeah these are the Omaha Bryan Land Bears. Just seems lazy, like they needed a mascot that started with an "S". Roncalli Crimson Pride is awesome, nothing beats a griffin.

Holy shit, that Bunny RULES. Look at him.

To appease the SJW's we need to make the new mascot be the most marginalized person imaginable. It has to be someone who's mixed race, in a wheelchair, handicapped mentally, gay, trans, and identifies as a deer. They'd make up a name for it so noone can criticize it, like fubantias or something strange.

To appease the SJW's we need to make the new mascot be the most marginalized person imaginable. It has to be someone who's mixed race, in a wheelchair, handicapped mentally, gay, trans, and identifies as a deer. They'd make up a name for it so noone can criticize it, like fubantias or something strange.

Rainbow Warriors?

Minor League Baseball is definitely leading the charge when it comes to unique team names/mascots. A bunch of these teams sell merch to "fans" that will probably never watch a single game.

Montgomery Biscuits
New Orleans Baby Cakes
Hartford Yard Goats
Bakersfield Train Robbers
Albuquerque Isotopes
Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Akron Rubber Ducks
Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
Richmond Flying Squirrels
Columbia Fireflys
Hickory Crawdads
Traverse City Beach Bums
Winnipeg Goldeyes
Brevard Manatees
Vermont Lake Monsters
Savannah Sand Gnats
etc.
Don't forget the Rocket City Trash Pandas in Huntsville, Alabama!

I hear that.. I personally think Creighton should be renamed the boyfondlers because of the whole Catholic affiliation.... Or any Lutheran schools should be the surfing Jesuses as I’m pretty sure most Americans are convinced Jesus was Swedish.... but I bet somebody will get butthurt if we start making religious comments...

Reactions: dinglefritz
Updated: ‘A long journey and many sacrifices’ leading to the scrapping of racist name and logo
Kolby KickingWoman and Aliyah Chavez
Indian Country Today

The Washington NFL franchise announced Monday it is retiring its team name and logo. The franchise is developing a new name and design under the direction of team owner Dan Snyder and head coach Ron Rivera.

“On July 3rd, we announced the commencement of a thorough review of the team’s name,” the team said in a statement. “Today we are announcing we will be retiring the (deleted) name and logo upon completion of this review.”

The team gave no timeline on when a new name and logo will be released.

The team’s Director of Communications Sean DeBarbieri told Indian Country Today in an email, "We won’t be commenting until the full process has been completed."

The fight to change Native-themed mascots began in the 1970s and has since been largely led by Native women including Suzan Harjo, Hodulgee Muscogee and Cheyenne.

It was carried into 2020 with the help of Amanda Blackhorse, Diné, Crystal Echo Hawk, Pawnee, and many others who have been leading the fight for change.

https://indiancountrytoday.com/news...nally-loosens-its-grip-pa0kLXIJ70uvMgEntv-xag

Indian Country Today background on the use of Native American symbols and mascots
Mark Trahant

Indian Country Today

Some four years ago the Washington Post published a “poll” of Native Americans that said nine-in-ten did not object to the name of that city’s NFL team. That document was used by the team as its public excuse to dismiss repeated and consistent calls from tribal leaders, civil rights organizations, and a wide cross-section of Native Americans to change the name.

In 2019 the Post did it again. Another flawed study that reached with the same results.

“The data from previous opinion polls is often used to silence Native people,” Dr. Stephanie Fryberg, Tulalip, said in February. “But our study, which captures a broad diversity of Native peoples and experiences, shows high rates of opposition. As researchers and consumers of information, we need to be very careful about whose voices we claim to be representing.”

This is the perfect opportunity for a real, “thorough review” of the team’s name. (Then: How do you review what is already a “dictionary-defined racial slur?”)
https://indiancountrytoday.com/news/why-washington-12-stories-that-explain-U-1kRFnzw0eBjPEcSfdvNQ

I hear that.. I personally think Creighton should be renamed the boyfondlers because of the whole Catholic affiliation.... Or any Lutheran schools should be the surfing Jesuses as I’m pretty sure most Americans are convinced Jesus was Swedish.... but I bet somebody will get butthurt if we start making religious comments...

I didn't see anything religious in your comment :rolleyes:

And this was proven how/when? Looking for factual evidence here, not fabricated talking points.

I can only speak for my family, but growing up the grandson of the granddaughter of Chief running bull, Souix tribe, the only team she cheered as hard for as her huskers, was the Redskins. She nor her kin had any other affiliation with D.C. the Irony is, that's where most of the broken promises that put her in the reform schools to whitewash her and her family originated.

That's a narrow view of why I feel that this a vocal minority affecting this change. Glad I dont care that much but I'm sure she would be pissed R.I.P Gramma Jan. And go Niners. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT