ADVERTISEMENT

Washington NFL

Fun Fact: The Toronto Raptors had a submission that gained steam to call the team the John Candies when they were becoming an expansion franchise. That would have kicked so much ass...

That would have been awesome. At least they went with the Raptors. Warriors, Huskies, Bulldogs, etc are so incredibly overused. There are so many creative and cool mascot names out there and schools (mainly new high schools) go with the most bland names possible.

Say what you will about Benson, but the Bunnies are at least different. Maybe my desire for a variety of team names comes from being a Husker fan and growing up a Gretna Dragon. But damn I just wish new mascot names would be something fun and new.

Maybe I'm just set in my ways. I don't like change. However with everything that is going on, I understand that a lot of things that were "acceptable" aren't anymore.

So on that note, warriors makes a lot of sense and it seems like a natural change. What would their mascot be and logo be?

Maybe I'm just set in my ways. I don't like change. However with everything that is going on, I understand that a lot of things that were "acceptable" aren't anymore.

So on that note, warriors makes a lot of sense and it seems like a natural change. What would their mascot be and logo be?
Arapahoe High School in Colorado worked with the Arapahoe tribe to work on images, mascots, cheers, logo, etc., so the school could keep the nickname. Working with an East Coast on similar imagery might work, or they could go with military iconography.

Reactions: SkerInCo
That would have been awesome. At least they went with the Raptors. Warriors, Huskies, Bulldogs, etc are so incredibly overused. There are so many creative and cool mascot names out there and schools (mainly new high schools) go with the most bland names possible.

Say what you will about Benson, but the Bunnies are at least different. Maybe my desire for a variety of team names comes from being a Husker fan and growing up a Gretna Dragon. But damn I just wish new mascot names would be something fun and new.
Our current culture doesnt allow for interesting names. Therefore we get a bunch of animals and warrior type names (knights spartans trojans etc.)

angrybunny.jpg

Agree, Bunnies are legit, especially that yoked, drug-addled, cap-wearing no-pants badass cartoon version. The one that never made sense to me is Skutt Skyhawks, as opposed to ground hawks? Yeah these are the Omaha Bryan Land Bears. Just seems lazy, like they needed a mascot that started with an "S". Roncalli Crimson Pride is awesome, nothing beats a griffin.

Minor League Baseball is definitely leading the charge when it comes to unique team names/mascots. A bunch of these teams sell merch to "fans" that will probably never watch a single game.

Montgomery Biscuits
New Orleans Baby Cakes
Hartford Yard Goats
Bakersfield Train Robbers
Albuquerque Isotopes
Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Akron Rubber Ducks
Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
Richmond Flying Squirrels
Columbia Fireflys
Hickory Crawdads
Traverse City Beach Bums
Winnipeg Goldeyes
Brevard Manatees
Vermont Lake Monsters
Savannah Sand Gnats
etc.

I still think Ord has the coolest mascot. What could sell more merch than a fighting chicken?
Ord HS also got a mention on the College World Series the year Coastal Carolina won it, since they are the only two schools with that mascot.

Reactions: mgbreis
Fun Fact: The Toronto Raptors had a submission that gained steam to call the team the John Candies when they were becoming an expansion franchise. That would have kicked so much ass...
The NBA mascot swap I want to see is Memphis and Sacramento.

Yeah I know there are no more grizzlies in California, but there's one on the state flag. And how can Memphis not be the Kings?

Now the loonies who turn over every rock looking for something to be outraged about will turn their attention elsewhere. What, or who's 's next I wonder.....
I'll go a long ways with you, but c'mon... Redskins is pretty blatantly racist.

I'll go a long ways with you, but c'mon... Redskins is pretty blatantly racist.

Yeah...but New York is named after a dude that made his fortune in the slave trade...time to change that states name! How about...Northeast Nebraska!

How long before the chiefs have to change names ?
Isn't the uproar over the Redskins name because it is a derogatory term for an American Indian?

Is calling someone a Chief derogatory? It is short for Chieftain isn't it?

Isn't the uproar over the Redskins name because it is a derogatory term for an American Indian?

Is calling someone a Chief derogatory? It is short for Chieftain isn't it?

Millard South changed their name from Indians to Patriots. What was derogatoey about Indians?

I wonder if you can get "Lying dog faced pony soldiers" on a jersey? Has a nice ring to it I think.

Reactions: arf_man
Iam willing to patent and copyright “Fat, Lazy Honkies” and promise my friends won’t be offended and won’t sue if a team were to use it.

Reactions: arf_man

Yeah I know there are no more grizzlies in California, but there's one on the state flag. And how can Memphis not be the Kings?

Take it from a California native who was living the good life in the Golden State until years ago my father's company uprooted us to the prairies of Nebraska at one time there were grizzlies in every county in the state.

Take it from a California native who was living the good life in the Golden State until years ago my father's company uprooted us to the prairies of Nebraska at one time there were grizzlies in every county in the state.
More recently than in Tennessee, that's for sure!

Make it happen, NBA.

Nah, the swap should be Utah and New Orleans. The Jazz definitely belongs in New Orleans.

Reactions: schuele
Nah, the swap should be Utah and New Orleans. The Jazz definitely belongs in New Orleans.
That one should happen too. Don't know if there are any Pelicans in Utah, though we get some in Colorado this time of year. Got a great photo of some last weekend.

Maybe Utah could revive the Stars name from the old ABA days.

That one should happen too. Don't know if there are any Pelicans in Utah, though we get some in Colorado this time of year. Got a great photo of some last weekend.

Maybe Utah could revive the Stars name from the old ABA days.

Utah could be whatever, but no mascot is a perfect as the New Orleans Jazz....

ADVERTISEMENT