ADVERTISEMENT

Washington 52, Oregon State 7

It means Gary Anderson...who punked Blo...isn't as good as our coach.

Means Mike Riley left the cupboard bare for Gary Anderson just like the claims of Bo doing the same to us. Oh...until we beat MSU and then everything was peachy. With each Husker loss it was some new excuse for a bad hire:

Loss 1. Miracle Hail Mary

Loss 2. Ran out of time

Loss 3. Team plays flat

Loss 4. Team is rebelling due to Bo

Loss 5. No talent.

Loss 6. It's a rebuilding year

All joke excuses for a coach that needed an out from his last job, game has passed him by and can't recruit to tough-to-sell campuses.

He can win 1 or 2 against ranked teams per year so let's see where that gets us.

Means Mike Riley left the cupboard bare for Gary Anderson just like the claims of Bo doing the same to us. Oh...until we beat MSU and then everything was peachy. With each Husker loss it was some new excuse for a bad hire:

Loss 2. Ran out of time

Loss 3. Team plays flat

Loss 5. No talent.

All joke excuses for a coach that needed an out from his last job, game has passed him by and can't recruit to tough-to-sell campuses.

He can win 1 or 2 against ranked teams per year so let's see where that gets us.
Idiotic.

Reactions: arf_man and timnsun

Loss 2. Ran out of time

Loss 3. Team plays flat

Loss 5. No talent.

You left out the fact that RiLLLLLey left behind a toxic culture that Anderson is going to need 2-3 years to cleanse from the program. If Oregon State beats Oregon, however, that toxicity will magically disappear for a week.

Reactions: suhnami
You left out the fact that RiLLLLLey left behind a toxic culture that Anderson is going to need 2-3 years to cleanse from the program. If Oregon State beats Oregon, however, that toxicity will magically disappear for a week.
You spelled Mr. Smiles name wrong, its RiLLLLLLey.

Loss 2. Ran out of time

Loss 3. Team plays flat

Loss 5. No talent.

Really; you mean the 1 or 2 wins over ranked teams per year - Where the last victory over a ranked team was 2001. Says your a walk-on, so walk off with this one.

Loss 2. Ran out of time

Loss 3. Team plays flat

Loss 5. No talent.

Left the cupboard bare, eh? Then maybe you would like to explain the 9 returning starters on offense for Oregon State. Or maybe you could delve into how having 8 starters on defense being upper classmen is leaving the cupboard bare.

Oregon State recruiting under Riley..

2014 - 18 3-star or better recruits
2013 - 22 3-star or better recruits
2012 - 18 3-star or better recruits
2011 - 16 3-star or better recruits

Stop talking out of your ass!

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
Left the cupboard bare, eh? Then maybe you would like to explain the 9 returning starters on offense for Oregon State. Or maybe you could delve into how having 8 of the starters on their defensive depth chart being upper classmen is leaving the cupboard bare.

Stop talking out of your fking ass!
When people talk about leaving the cupboard bare aren't they generally talking about talent level? And I think we all know 3 star recruits mean little by itself.

If by spot on you mean pessimistic narcissist then yeah, spot on.
If by pessimistic narcissist you mean that you're arrogant and don't understand words then... wait why doesn't that game work like this?

When people talk about leaving the cupboard bare aren't they generally talking about talent level? And I think we all know 3 star recruits mean little by itself.

There is plenty of talent to finish better than 2-10, which is what Gary Anderson is going to finish. I don't know if he had injuries this year, but they got their assess kicked by 3+ TDs 6 times this year. I'll say that again...they lost by 21+ points 6 times this year. That is just putrid for the amount of talent they have in their program.

Now maybe people will start to understand how difficult it is to implement brand-new offensive and defensive systems into a program. Gary Anderson, who beat the crap out of Bo, has absolutely gotten owned this year.

Contrast that to Mike Riley at Nebraska, whose coaching staff was implementing new offensive and defensive systems...with a rash of injuries on the defensive side of the ball, and still lost 5 of our games by a total of what, 14 points?

Last edited:
Reactions: StrongArm517
There is plenty of talent to finish better than 2-10, which is what Gary Anderson is going to finish. I don't know if he had injuries this year, but they got their assess kicked by 3+ TDs 6 times this year. I'll say that again...they lost by 21+ points 6 times this year. That is just putrid for the amount of talent they have in their program.

Now maybe people will start to understand how difficult it is to implement brand-new offensive and defensive systems into a program. Gary Anderson, who beat the crap out of Bo, has absolutely gotten owned this year.
So basically you're just assuming they have some talent, while knowing full well that when they did manage to break .500 it was considered a good year? Ok. I understand now.

So basically you're just assuming they have some talent, while knowing full well that when they did manage to break .500 it was considered a good year? Ok. I understand now.

I know one thing, Riley never came remotely close to losing 10 games, with 6 of them being by 21+ points.

No assumptions, they had decent talent, and he certainly didn't leave the cupboard bare...which is exactly what the previous poster suggested. BTW, Who said it was considered a good year by going .500?

I know one thing, Riley never came remotely close to losing 10 games, with 6 of them being by 21+ points.

No assumptions, they had decent talent, and he certainly didn't leave the cupboard bare...which is exactly what the previous poster suggested. BTW, Who said it was considered a good year by going .500?

If figured someone as knowledgeable on OSU football would know the commonly held belief that .500 or better was a good year for the Beavers. Maybe you have different info you'd like to share? Like all those bowl games they go to or championships they play for?

If figured someone as knowledgeable on OSU football would know the commonly held belief that .500 or better was a good year for the Beavers. Maybe you have different info you'd like to share? Like all those bowl games they go to or championships they play for?

Sounds like you are much better versed on OSU football, since you somehow know that it's a commonly held belief that 6-6 is a good year in Corvallis. You must have great seats.

Now maybe people will start to understand how difficult it is to implement brand-new offensive and defensive systems into a program.

Tom Herman, Jim Harbaugh & Jim McElwain say hello. Winners in their first year because they're not forcing an offensive / defensive agenda down a program's throat. Winners, not trying to establish their nest egg and put ALL their buddies in a new tax bracket. Winners, not putting up with a toxic environment from day 1. Just winners. What do we have? I guess you're willing to wait 3 years to find out but the last 30 tells me everything I need to know about .500 Riley.

ThereIsNoPlace
Walk On

GammaxuvirHusker likes this.

Any post with this combination of things is bound to be garbage. Just ignore it.

Since we all know after typing in +3000 posts on a message board makes you upper class. How much time do you spend on here? How about devoting some time to your family or job?...oh sorry, sore subjects as you most likely don't have either. I can hear you now...yelling from the basement: " MOM, MORE MEATLOAF!"

Left the cupboard bare, eh? Then maybe you would like to explain the 9 returning starters on offense for Oregon State. Or maybe you could delve into how having 8 starters on defense being upper classmen is leaving the cupboard bare.

Stop talking out of your ass!
You could literally write the same thing about Pelini at Nebraska. We had better recruiting classes than most the teams that have beat us this year, but the narrative has been Pelini left the cupboard bare and barely cracked to top 100 in recruiting classes.

Since we all know after typing in +3000 posts on a message board makes you upper class. How much time do you spend on here? How about devoting some time to your family or job?...oh sorry, sore subjects as you most likely don't have either. I can hear you now...yelling from the basement: " MOM, MORE MEATLOAF!"
More basement smack. How overplayed is that?

Next you'll be telling us you read something funny and spit pop all over your keyboard.

No fresh smack here. Now that I've offended you I'll sit back and wait for your basement retort... Or will it be that I don't have a job? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be original. Then gamma will come along and like your post.

You could literally write the same thing about Pelini at Nebraska. We had better recruiting classes than most the teams that have beat us this year, but the narrative has been Pelini left the cupboard bare and barely cracked to top 100 in recruiting classes.
Not necessarily. It's been posted time and time again that Pelini had a lot of attrition in his classes (especially his best class of 2011) so Pelini has in fact left the cupboard bare in terms of lack of depth.

What do Riley's OSU classes look like today? Did he have a lot of attrition? Are his recruits contributing? I honestly don't know the answer, but if his recruits are contributing and he didn't have high attrition then the two are not the same.

Tom Herman, Jim Harbaugh & Jim McElwain say hello. Winners in their first year because they're not forcing an offensive / defensive agenda down a program's throat. Winners, not trying to establish their nest egg and put ALL their buddies in a new tax bracket. Winners, not putting up with a toxic environment from day 1. Just winners. What do we have? I guess you're willing to wait 3 years to find out but the last 30 tells me everything I need to know about .500 Riley.
Don't know why Tom Herman even comes into the discussion here. He coaches a non-Power 5 school in a mediocre at best conference.

As for the other two, the fact that you can't see the difference there tells me pretty much all I need to know. Both those schools have plenty of talent, in fact probably one of the biggest reasons both of their predecessors were fired is because they could bring in good talent and didn't do anything with it.

Take a look at 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes specifically, as players from those would form the core of the current teams. Both teams had top 10 recruiting classes both of those years. While Nebraska's classes those years weren't terrible, at least at first look, looking closer tells a different story.

Take 2012 for instance. The headliners of that class, 6 4-stars. 2 were JuCos and aren't around anymore. Another, Paul Thurston has played, but mostly as a reserve and has had limited impact at best. Of the other 3, Jordan Westerkamp is the only one to have a huge impact. Greg McMullen and Alonzo Moore have been pretty good, though both kind of hit and miss. The rest of the class of 17(and there's another problem, small classes) is kind of the same, some hits, too many misses. 7 are no longer on the team (either because they were a juco or simply didn't pan out for one reason or another). Only 7 of those that are left have contributed much of anything, and some of those (McMullen, Moore, Rose-Ivey) have been pretty hit and miss, either because of injury or other reasons. 2013 is much the same story.

Reactions: arf_man

C'Mon, really? Harbaugh and McElwain had as much talent at their disposal as they could have possibly wanted. Maybe you haven't noticed, but both programs are completely stocked.

Houston had 10 returning upperclassmen on offense, including a returning 1,000-yard rusher. We don't have a RB on the roster that would get much playing time on any of those teams. We also have a QB that doesn't make very good decisions every game. We also have an OLine that only returned 1 starter.

A coach can't just come in and implement an offense that he has never run before. I believe Riley has adapted quite well, given the talent he has on that side of the ball. For the first time, he has implemented the zone read, the option, and the FB trap to his offense. And in the Michigan State game, he used a power QB run to score one of our TDs, with two lead blocking backs, ala '97 Huskers.

I will agree with you that Banker hasn't been kind to our young CBs, and has hung them out to dry by not giving them more safety help, but they are finally "getting it" and are playing much better IMO. But let's also keep in mind that we have had an inordinate number of injuries this year too that has put our entire defense in a difficult spot. And we just don't have the type of edge rushers that we need to have in D1 college football, nor do we have the LB or DB depth we need. That is on the previous coaching staff.

Take a look at our OLine development this year. We started the year with 1 returning starter. And we don't have a RB on the entire roster that is the whole package, and yet we just put up 180 rushing yards on a defense that held Ohio State to 135 total yards. That is significant progress IMO.

More basement smack. How overplayed is that?

Next you'll be telling us you read something funny and spit pop all over your keyboard.

No fresh smack here. Now that I've offended you I'll sit back and wait for your basement retort... Or will it be that I don't have a job? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be original. Then gamma will come along and like your post.
IGNORE button: make it your friend.

ADVERTISEMENT