ADVERTISEMENT

Was it a mistake firing Bo Pelini?

The school had no other choice but to fire him. Had he acted more maturely, I think he'd still be the HC. He couldn't contain himself though. In the end, he was basically daring the school to fire him.

I'd say the true mistake, this decade, was replacing Pelini with Riley.

Yes, it was a horrid mistake. But Clownahan was almost as bad.

The school had no other choice but to fire him. Had he acted more maturely, I think he'd still be the HC. He couldn't contain himself though. In the end, he was basically daring the school to fire him.

I'd say the true mistake, this decade, was replacing Pelini with Riley.
If he acted maturely he would have ended up coaching Ohio State by now. It was a lose/lose situation for us. If he was a success it would have been short lived and he would be gone, and if he was a failure we would end up having to fire him. ADs have to be very careful to hire long term commitments. Even Florida hiring Urban Meyer backfired because everybody could see he wanted to return to Ohio and he manipulated his way back to OSU. The weirdest thing about College football is there have only been Four truly successful coaches in the last 20 years that weren't fired or forced out. Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Jimbo Fisher. Everybody else has either failed at the job, been caught cheating and pushed out, or left for the NFL and is trying to scratch their way back.

Last edited:
It was a mistake to fire Solich.
150% correct in the Solich....prodigy of the great one bros. The day he was fired I said WTF. Anyhow, feel really bad for Frost as I know how much the Huskers and the state mean to him. This team has some talent other then then O-line. I need to sleep on this one a few days and then decide how much I need husker football this much in my love. Maybe be a casual football and follow my brother who is all women’s volleyball now. How said but true that it has come to this bros.

Reactions: bshirt73
No I don’t butch - this program would have been better back then and now. Keep whacking the meat please

If he acted maturely he would have ended up coaching Ohio State by now. It was a lose/lose situation for us. If he was a success it would have been short lived and he would be gone, and if he was a failure we would end up having to fire him. ADs have to be very careful to hire long term commitments. Even Florida hiring Urban Meyer backfired because everybody could see he wanted to return to Ohio and he manipulated his way back to OSU. The weirdest thing about College football is there have only been Four truly successful coaches in the last 20 years that weren't fired or forced out. Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Jimbo Fisher. Everybody else has either failed at the job, been caught cheating and pushed out, or left for the NFL and is trying to scratch their way back.

Bob Stoops

Just so everyone knows - 2007 Oklahoma (finished 11-3) blew a 17 point second half lead before losing to a bad Colorado team (finished 6-7) in Boulder in year 9 under Bob Stoops. It sucks, but it happens. Put the pitchforks down, guys.

Last edited:
we could of had lsu's qb if we didn't have a lsu defensive coordination as head coach

150% correct in the Solich....prodigy of the great one bros. The day he was fired I said WTF. Anyhow, feel really bad for Frost as I know how much the Huskers and the state mean to him. This team has some talent other then then O-line. I need to sleep on this one a few days and then decide how much I need husker football this much in my love. Maybe be a casual football and follow my brother who is all women’s volleyball now. How said but true that it has come to this bros.
come in from the ledge

I think so
What? Bo fired himself Bigest cancer ever to Coach here. Riley was just a guy. Not his fault yet Bo peeps can’t stop pizzing on him, for their guy getting the AXE by SE. Scott Frost will right this program he gets what coaching in Lincoln demands too many dillusional people who have no clue running the mouth!! Nobody year one thought this would be a quick fix now that they know it isn’t happening quickly they are loosing their collective minds. Chill out everyone college football is back UCF won and bookie had a pick 6. Your all probably High on some Colorado mushrooms and weed or stone cold snockerd. Enjoy the ride home, Be safe all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT