ADVERTISEMENT

Warren on B1G Reasons for Cancellation. WTH!?!?!

100% agree.

An 'indoor' January football season in the B10 is a joke. We supposed to play every game on the road in an indoor dome where the virus is more 'effective'? What fans could possibly travel and attend 8 to 10 to 12 games, if they even allow fans?

Are teams and players gonna be sequestered in an NBA bubble like they have in Orlando, or do they travel in and out each and every week?

Truly one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard from a major outlet such as the B10.

Will never happen.

This is an attempt to distract from their bad decision, you are correct it will never happen and they know it.

I'm not gonna argue any point on that.

This is just the reality of the landscape we now live in. A single positive test on a team sends a media frenzy and panic; much less dozens.

If there is any way to remove the panic and response for any single positive test for a college team set to play football this fall, I'm fully on board.
Just ignore the psychos and play ball.
I agree, the media will screech like dying rabbits if we play and someone contracts it.

Someone likely will. And they will likely be fine.

Reactions: bshirt73
If we can't play I hope like heck nobody else does either. That would at least help the B1G save a little face.

That would mean the virus has to get worse. Things are better every day and one side of the political spectrum must have everything shut down to point fingers at the President.

I hope the open conferences have an amazing fall with good health and well being to all players, staff and hopefully spectators. Kevin Warren will be the Clown Prince of Football.

Football is what got Nebraska an invite to another conference, not academics. Then the b10 kicked Nebraska out of the AAU about 3 seconds after the welcome party ended.

Looking pretty dark right now.

Pretty shocking that Rick Snyder allowed him to be appointed and then kept him around for five years. What the heck was he thinking?
IF Snyder had known how he eventually was going to vote on this deal, he probably would have applied pressure to have him "retire". There is no question but that the mandates set forth by blue state governors have a chilling effect on what people at least partly dependent on those governors for their funding do. Leaving whether to play or not up to college presidents was foolhardy IMO.

IF Snyder had known how he eventually was going to vote on this deal, he probably would have applied pressure to have him "retire". There is no question but that the mandates set forth by blue state governors have a chilling effect on what people at least partly dependent on those governors for their funding do. Leaving whether to play or not up to college presidents was foolhardy IMO.
So Rick Snyder had five years to figure out what a propeller-headed nerd this guy was, but he let it slide? Seems like he really dropped the ball.

Don't hold your breath on next fall either. Covid will be a thing of the past but there will always be the next one. Whenever someone promises a return to normalcy in the future, it never happens.

Unfortunately, they aren't even promising a return to normalcy. They are talking about the "new normal."

Reactions: dinglefritz
Unfortunately, they aren't even promising a return to normalcy. They are talking about the "new normal."
Yep. I hate to say it, but more than likely, football as we have known it is a thing of the past along with many other things. Even if they tried to go back to normal next season it wouldn't be the same.

Yep. I hate to say it, but more than likely, football as we have known it is a thing of the past along with many other things. Even if they tried to go back to normal next season it wouldn't be the same.
I don't know. The video from the Sturgis Rally looked pretty much like the old normal to me..... There will be a fair percentage of freedom fighters who will save us I predict.

Football is what got Nebraska an invite to another conference, not academics. Then the b10 kicked Nebraska out of the AAU about 3 seconds after the welcome party ended.

Looking pretty dark right now.

ah, i forgot about the old ‘aau’ for a minute. id reiterate that 10 of the 14 b1g schools are in states in top 20 for covid mortality rates. they are also schools in the aau AND ‘supposedly’ have world ranked medical research hospital facilities in their states (i have my own opinion about these rankings based on personal experience) - mayo, cleveland clinic, john hopkins, etc., and most couldnt grab their ass with both hands at the start of this.
btw, Nebraska has one the lowest covid mortality rates in the country.

I don't know. The video from the Sturgis Rally looked pretty much like the old normal to me..... There will be a fair percentage of freedom fighters who will save us I predict.
They also didn't change their regular habit of going to Sturgis each year. Cancel it for one year and people develop a different habit. That may be instead of going to Sturgis for the event they ride to Utah. The following year its not certain if they go back to the old habit or have found an alternative that they like equally or better and choose that instead.

They also didn't change their regular habit of going to Sturgis each year. Cancel it for one year and people develop a different habit. That may be instead of going to Sturgis for the event they ride to Utah. The following year its not certain if they go back to the old habit or have found an alternative that they like equally or better and choose that instead.
The city council tried to cancel it and the citizens just said go ahead, they're still coming. You had better put up road blocks on the interstate and local highways or else get ready because they're coming. Considering the rest of the state has been open all year, it was going to be pretty tough to shut that thing down.

The Blackhills and other tourist areas in South Dakota have been just swamped with visitors this summer and yet the number of cases has remained pretty constant and low. Ironically the most common little bumps in cases I've heard and read about in NE Nebraska has been from family gatherings such as birthday parties, not from community spread from bars. There's going to be a bump in cases from the rally. It's just a matter of how many. It's just way too many people consuming way too much alcohol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT