ADVERTISEMENT

Warren on B1G Reasons for Cancellation. WTH!?!?!

so, start the season in the middle of cold and flu season, on top of possibly dealing with covid-19...?
this might be one of the dumbest ideas of all time.
all time.
THIS is probably one of the most rational logical posts regarding influenza and COVID I've seen on here. That said, these guys can get flu shots. Hopefully it ends up being a good match this year. Hopefully there's a COVID vaccine available in January as well. The cold season thing might not be all bad. IF they get a Corona virus cold BEFORE the COVID there's a chance they'll have cross protection to COVID.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
100% agree.

An 'indoor' January football season in the B10 is a joke. We supposed to play every game on the road in an indoor dome where the virus is more 'effective'? What fans could possibly travel and attend 8 to 10 to 12 games, if they even allow fans?

Are teams and players gonna be sequestered in an NBA bubble like they have in Orlando, or do they travel in and out each and every week?

Truly one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard from a major outlet such as the B10.

Will never happen.
That would conveniently give the B1G TV revenue and screw schools like NU out of all of the gate and concession money they normally rake in.

That would conveniently give the B1G TV revenue and screw schools like NU out of all of the gate and concession money they normally rake in.

Would be horrible for our beloved Huskers, but also Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. Owners of the 3 biggest stadiums in all of college football.

Don’t piss down my back and tell me its raining.

For anyone who thinks January games are at all a realistic option for KW and the big ten, I have a covid vaccine to sell you.

The January B.S. is just to call off the dogs for a little bit by throwing us a bone and pretending that theres a chance sooner than later. FFS, playing in the winter is impossible and they know it; and if they actually made this decision for “health and safety” (which they didnt) then playing in the winter would not be an option, either.

Warren dgaf, he even knows his scapegoat study about heart disease was false, and still no change or even acknowledgement.
Warren wouldn't have even put out a statement explaining it if there wasn’t backlash!

Newsflash Nebraska, your conference doesnt care about you.

I hope the other conferences have a full, successful season. Nebraska will be harmed but they’d be harmed regardless, and the RIGHT thing is for these teams to play, and these economies in the US to not be harmed as Lincoln will. The right thing needs to happen, and that’s a season.

Warren has problems.

Sir Yacht (@SirYacht) Tweeted:
Kevin Warren's announcement today, backed publicly by Gene Smith, was made because Smith's repeated attempts with different proposals were shot down by Michigan President Mark Schlissel, who is being pressured from Michigan Govenor Gretchen Whitmer (@GovWhitmer), per source.

Read Dr. Schlissel's bio and you'll understand what is going on here. He's a native of Brooklyn NY. Attended Princeton and has been at Brown University and Cal Berkeley. He's an internist by training including a stint at Johns Hopkins in Boston and a political appointee of a blue governor. There's no way in hell either Michigan school is playing football this fall. Tell me how sports are viewed at Princeton, Brown and Cal-Berkeley.

What they should have done is release a statement last week delaying the start of the season until the end of September stating that they want to see how the returns to campus go before making a call on the fall season.

they could have even stated that if things continued to trend the way they were that the season was unlikely. Maybe all the petitions and such could have been used to get people to take this seriously so that they could play.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I'm not gonna argue any point on that.

This is just the reality of the landscape we now live in. A single positive test on a team sends a media frenzy and panic; much less dozens.

If there is any way to remove the panic and response for any single positive test for a college team set to play football this fall, I'm fully on board.
Yes, the people , yes the people need to just say NO ! We will not be part of the isolation self destruct hive movement, ! We’re tired of mask up and looking at other human beings like they are leper’s! Yes we can take precautions, much like wearing a seatbelt, but what are we in the end if we
Are reduced to groveling, hunched over paranoid lemmings?
What an existence, and talk about depressing for the next generation! Let’s get some HOPE served
up! Help those who need it, and let our younger generation have the opportunities we had, Bull crap on the projecting “it’s YOUR new normal BS !! Maybe your new normal..... I choose to live, I think many others wish to as well.

Read Dr. Schlissel's bio and you'll understand what is going on here. He's a native of Brooklyn NY. Attended Princeton and has been at Brown University and Cal Berkeley. He's an internist by training including a stint at Johns Hopkins in Boston and a political appointee of a blue governor. There's no way in hell either Michigan school is playing football this fall. Tell me how sports are viewed at Princeton, Brown and Cal-Berkeley.
That governor is a PSYCO

Yes, the people , yes the people need to just say NO ! We will not be part of the isolation self destruct hive movement, ! We’re tired of mask up and looking at other human beings like they are leper’s! Yes we can take precautions, much like wearing a seatbelt, but what are we in the end if we
What an existence, and talk about depressing for the next generation! Let’s get some HOPE served
up! Help those who need it, and let our younger generation have the opportunities we had, Bull crap on the projecting “it’s YOUR new normal BS !! Maybe your new normal..... I choose to live, I think many others wish to as well.
Huzzah!

giphy.gif

100% agree.

An 'indoor' January football season in the B10 is a joke. We supposed to play every game on the road in an indoor dome where the virus is more 'effective'? What fans could possibly travel and attend 8 to 10 to 12 games, if they even allow fans?

Are teams and players gonna be sequestered in an NBA bubble like they have in Orlando, or do they travel in and out each and every week?

Truly one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard from a major outlet such as the B10.

Will never happen.
Agreed. Don't be fooled, "postponed" is just lip service because Karen Warren is a coward. There will be no football this winter.

Sensible, rational, normal people like ourselves aren't going to protest, much less gear up and go riot and loot.

Our leaders are all pretty much groveling losers at the front step of whomever gives them their well beyond deserved feed.

The quiet payers of all things good in America simply can't be bothered when they are still mostly comfortable in their own little abodes and bubbles. Until that changes, we likely won't see much change other than what is being forced down our throats.

Sensible, rational, normal people like ourselves aren't going to protest, much less gear up and go riot and loot.

Our leaders are all pretty much groveling losers at the front step of whomever gives them their well beyond deserved feed.

The quiet payers of all things good in America simply can't be bothered when they are still mostly comfortable in their own little abodes and bubbles. Until that changes, we likely won't see much change other than what is being forced down our throats.
Unfortunately what your saying is true, but the heat is slowly being turned up on us boiling frog s
At some point to not “jump” we will have no one to blame

THIS is probably one of the most rational logical posts regarding influenza and COVID I've seen on here. That said, these guys can get flu shots. Hopefully it ends up being a good match this year. Hopefully there's a COVID vaccine available in January as well. The cold season thing might not be all bad. IF they get a Corona virus cold BEFORE the COVID there's a chance they'll have cross protection to COVID.
i appreciate that, but if you're going to play - it makes most sense to do it now.
their argument moving to a january start time doesn't hold water.
vaccine or no vaccine. good or bad cold/flu season...

He's an internist by training including a stint at Johns Hopkins in Boston and a political appointee of a blue governor.
Rick Snyder (a Republican) was governor of Michigan when Schlissel was appointed. Of course the University of Michigan president isn't appointed by the governor anyway, but it sure sounded good while it lasted.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If we can't play I hope like heck nobody else does either. That would at least help the B1G save a little face.

Rick Snyder (a Republican) was governor of Michigan when Schlissel was appointed. Of course the University of Michigan president isn't appointed by the governor anyway, but it sure sounded good while it lasted.
my bad. He is in fact a "progressive" Ivy league indoctrinated M.D. though.

Reactions: TheNewNU
my bad. He is in fact a "progressive" Ivy league indoctrinated M.D. though.
Pretty shocking that Rick Snyder allowed him to be appointed and then kept him around for five years. What the heck was he thinking?

The vote by the Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors (COP/C) was overwhelmingly in support of postponing fall sports and will not be revisited.

Here is what I don't understand. At this point it is clear that there was no official vote. That there is heavy division between presidents, ADs, and coaches. It appears that at least Nebraska, Penn st, and Ohio St did not agree to or support the season canceling. Why are these 3 or 4 or however many universities band together and speak out as one what really happened. If Warren is lying, why not call him out publicly on it? What is he going to do ? Seriously? Kick them all out of the BIG10? I doubt it. I get the conference unity thing, but we are in unprecedented times, will millions of lives and dollars being affected. Now is not the time to get in line and shut up.

Reactions: bshirt73
These seem to say no. Who do we believe?

If much of any of what Jeff Snook says is true, than all the people defending Kevin Warren by saying he's a powerless figurehead can quit with that. My feeling all along on Warren has been, regardless of whether or not he has a vote or any "power"; he certainly can talk and try to convince of his viewpoint. We already know from a report that came out a few days before the official announcement that Kevin Warren preferred trying a spring season, so he clearly was going to be arguing for that. If what Jeff Snook says went down is true, sounds like he was pretty successful.

Warren has become one of the few people who make me pissed off just seeing his picture.
I have a feeling he is pretty well unliked by a significant portion of the B1G fanbase. My biggest worry with him is he'll turn into the next Roger Goodell. A lot of NFL fans dislike Goodell, but the people who actually have the power to do something about his job, the NFL owners, seem to like him well enough. I hope it doesn't become like that with Warren, where he is roundly disliked by most B1G fans, but the people who actually have the power to do something about him; like him.

If much of any of what Jeff Snook says is true, than all the people defending Kevin Warren by saying he's a powerless figurehead can quit with that. My feeling all along on Warren has been, regardless of whether or not he has a vote or any "power"; he certainly can talk and try to convince of his viewpoint. We already know from a report that came out a few days before the official announcement that Kevin Warren preferred trying a spring season, so he clearly was going to be arguing for that. If what Jeff Snook says went down is true, sounds like he was pretty successful.

This is probably true. It reinforces my original thought all these leftist, know-better-than-the-average-smuck presidents and chancellors were more likely following the lead of the Ivy League than the other P5 schools.

Last edited:
I haven't defended Warren, and I couldn't care less if he got fired tomorrow. But if a bunch of overpaid bow ties showed up at a meeting intending to vote, and he talked them into just canceling the fall sports season without anyone going on record with their position - the conference and its member universities have way bigger problems than an out-of-control commissioner.

This is probably true. It reinforces my original thought all these liberal, no-better-than-the-average-smuck presidents and chancellors were more likely following the lead of the Ivy League than the other P5 schools.
My Gawd, you hate "liberals".....guess you hate the authors of the U.S.Constitution...

Reactions: BRHuskerDoos

Spoiler alert, they've all had "a corona virus" for the last 18-22 years of their life. Each and every single one of them.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

He's garbage.

"Financial considerations did not influence the COP/C decision, as the postponement will have enormous adverse financial implications," he wrote.

WHAT?!?!? Do these numbskulls have no idea of the devastation that is caused by catastrophic economic declines? For every 1% rise in unemployment 40,000 people die. It's this totally myopic approach to this whole "pandemic" that is going to result in at least the number of deaths that were originally forecast by that hack Ferguson. Talk about the worst self-fulfilling prophecy in history.

EXACTLY, The UN predicts 130 MILLION people face starvation by the end of the year. Cure is far worse than the disease.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT