ADVERTISEMENT

Warren on B1G Reasons for Cancellation. WTH!?!?!

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
"Financial considerations did not influence the COP/C decision, as the postponement will have enormous adverse financial implications," he wrote.

WHAT?!?!? Do these numbskulls have no idea of the devastation that is caused by catastrophic economic declines? For every 1% rise in unemployment 40,000 people die. It's this totally myopic approach to this whole "pandemic" that is going to result in at least the number of deaths that were originally forecast by that hack Ferguson. Talk about the worst self-fulfilling prophecy in history.

The vote by the Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors (COP/C) was overwhelmingly in support of postponing fall sports and will not be revisited.

They’re re leading down the same highway back during the seasons on 94-97 and don’t care to play for a National championship...

Playing in the winter for a B1G championship isn’t what we envisioned when we pursued playing in the Big Ten.

I appreciate that he is going down with his Yacht.
Ma4y.gif

I very much hope that the SEC, Big12 and ACC play their full fall seasons, in many cases in front of fans.

what an embarrassment.

While I have similar feelings and like the "stick it to 'em-ness" of your response, it ultimately would not be good for Husker football.

Letting our competition play an entire season while we sit on the bench would be disastrous for a program trying to claw back to relevance.

In reality, I simply don't see this year's 'fall' college football season lasting more than 4 weeks. Took all of a day or two for a number of major colleges to shut down in person classes. What happens prior to, or even after week 1, when 30 players on a single team test positive? I don't see any way you can keep 100+ college kids in a bubble when pro athletes getting paid millions can't even do the same.

While I have similar feelings and like the "stick it to 'em-ness" of your response, it ultimately would not be good for Husker football.

Letting our competition play an entire season while we sit on the bench would be disastrous for a program trying to claw back to relevance.

In reality, I simply don't see this year's 'fall' college football season lasting more than 4 weeks. Took all of a day or two for a number of major colleges to shut down in person classes. What happens prior to, or even after week 1, when 30 players on a single team test positive? I don't see any way you can keep 100+ college kids in a bubble when pro athletes getting paid millions can't even do the same.

They SHOULDN'T be kept in a bubble. Know why?

BECAUSE COVID DOESN'T HURT YOUNG PEOPLE.

They SHOULDN'T be kept in a bubble. Know why?

BECAUSE COVID DOESN'T HURT YOUNG PEOPLE.

I'm not gonna argue any point on that.

This is just the reality of the landscape we now live in. A single positive test on a team sends a media frenzy and panic; much less dozens.

If there is any way to remove the panic and response for any single positive test for a college team set to play football this fall, I'm fully on board.

I'm not gonna argue any point on that.

This is just the reality of the landscape we now live in. A single positive test on a team sends a media frenzy and panic; much less dozens.

If there is any way to remove the panic and response for any single positive test for a college team set to play football this fall, I'm fully on board.

Didn't mean to start a debate with you on that. You are right, the panic has been absolutely off the hook for this and that's not due to how deadly this virus is.

thanks for the link.. (my reply is not directed at you)

The whole idea of playing in January is a complete line of bs. There is nothing different about playing in January that you couldn't play in September. Whether this is a stalling tactic or just bait to calm people down, it's completely unworkable. It's comical that someone would even try this kind of stunt or think it makes it past the initial stink test.

I hope they force this guy out.

starting in the fall becomes more difficult with each passing day and i dont hold out much hope for conf leadership being able to pull off.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
thanks for the link.. (my reply is not directed at you)

The whole idea of playing in January is a complete line of bs. There is nothing different about playing in January that you couldn't play in September. Whether this is a stalling tactic or just bait to calm people down, it's completely unworkable. It's comical that someone would even try this kind of stunt or think it makes it past the initial stink test.

I hope they force this guy out.

100% agree.

An 'indoor' January football season in the B10 is a joke. We supposed to play every game on the road in an indoor dome where the virus is more 'effective'? What fans could possibly travel and attend 8 to 10 to 12 games, if they even allow fans?

Are teams and players gonna be sequestered in an NBA bubble like they have in Orlando, or do they travel in and out each and every week?

Truly one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard from a major outlet such as the B10.

Will never happen.

Warren is just about to flush this conference down the shitter! What a disaster. He better be praying every day that the other 3 conferences shut it down early.

If the Big Ten doesn’t play football this fall and the other conferences pull off a successful season, Warren will have effectively given the death penalty to the football programs of the Big Ten. My guess is that recruiting will suffer and all of those teams will be a year ahead of he Big Ten and PAC 12. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some kids transfer, although other teams that are playing would need to have room for them. This guy should be fired yesterday.

If the Big Ten doesn’t play football this fall and the other conferences pull off a successful season, Warren will have effectively given the death penalty to the football programs of the Big Ten. My guess is that recruiting will suffer and all of those teams will be a year ahead of he Big Ten and PAC 12. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some kids transfer, although other teams that are playing would need to have room for them. This guy should be fired yesterday.
Agree completely, but the core of the University Presidents against allowing the Big 10 sports teams to even have opportunity to play and effectively manage the disease are equally to blame. Great academics no doubt, but to what degree do these professors have experience at managing business under risk? Think Ivy League Woodrow Wilson and the authoritarian action he took against people who disagreed with him on policy matters - such as I think the League of Nations establishment efforts. When you put Professorial academics in positions is political power they tend to act like dictatorial authoritarians, although they prefer to do so as “the man behind the curtain”, letting someone like the frontman Warren take the heat. Most of the time these academics operate in their own academic environment, but here they are now with their actions out in the light of day. Not a pretty sight for the public to see.

Lane Kiffin will take them.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...nts-transfer-waiver-players-postponed-seasons

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT