ADVERTISEMENT

Warner and Farniok

There is zero doubt there is a massive issue with leadership on our offense. It has cost us Robinson and McCaffrey just this month.
Is it leadership or an honest assessment after a dismal year? Wandale is a RB, no doubt in my mind. He is not a WR at all. Not at this level or in the NFL.

McCaffrey is a WR and not a QB. Anybody could see that McCaffrey is playing out of position. He is a clone of his father. Great athlete but not a QB.

Overall, let them leave. They are both playing out of position and hurting the team. Wandale should be a situational RB at best and McCaffrey has the ability to be a great WR but wants the glory associated with the QB spot. Nothing we can do about either. Later.

Will Farniok isn't a surprise. If he wants to start somewhere, he needs to transfer. Warner is more surprising/disturbing. He was a regular player. Maybe he felt he also was getting passed up by the younger players?
I'm thinking that Warner got beaten out by Oliver Martin and Levi Falck and lost his scholarship to one of those guys. Warner didn't want to go from starter and captain to backup without a scholarship and probably no longer a captain. It seems like NU coaches are much more willing to pull a scholarship from a player who originally walked on.

I'm thinking that Warner got beaten out by Oliver Martin and Levi Falck and lost his scholarship to one of those guys. Warner didn't want to go from starter and captain to backup without a scholarship and probably no longer a captain. It seems like NU coaches are much more willing to pull a scholarship from a player who originally walked on.

The fact that a lightly recruited walk on was a captain, then compound that with his 3 years playing over multiple 4 star WR, that is an issue. Then when you write that that walk on was beat out by a guy who could barely sniff the field at Iowa and/ or Michigan in addition to guy who played in 24 games in 4 years at South freaking Dakota with literally 1/7th of his career receptions in one game against Kansas St. All the while there were multiple 4 star receivers sitting on the bench or leaving because they weren't playing or whatever. OMG that is the definition of shit show

Is it leadership or an honest assessment after a dismal year? Wandale is a RB, no doubt in my mind. He is not a WR at all. Not at this level or in the NFL.

McCaffrey is a WR and not a QB. Anybody could see that McCaffrey is playing out of position. He is a clone of his father. Great athlete but not a QB.

Overall, let them leave. They are both playing out of position and hurting the team. Wandale should be a situational RB at best and McCaffrey has the ability to be a great WR but wants the glory associated with the QB spot. Nothing we can do about either. Later.

Hurting the team so badly that the coach continued to play them out of position. Is that a coaching issue or a player issue? Why is the coach continuing to put the non QB in games, sometimes as a starter? If he is so clearly out of position, why was he talked about as the future of the program, by the head coach. Wandale may not be an elite receiver, but he was the best we could put out there.

Let them leave and let the walk ons take over. ha ha ha ha dear lord. How the mighty have fallen

Hurting the team so badly that the coach continued to play them out of position. Is that a coaching issue or a player issue? Why is the coach continuing to put the non QB in games, sometimes as a starter? If he is so clearly out of position, why was he talked about as the future of the program, by the head coach. Wandale may not be an elite receiver, but he was the best we could put out there.

Let them leave and let the walk ons take over. ha ha ha ha dear lord. How the mighty have fallen
McCaffrey stunk at QB. He was a good runner and would make a great WR. Kid can't throw or read defenses. Kind of hard to be a productive QB. As for Wandale, he needs his NFL routes. He was clearly a better RB but was too small to be an every down RB. His handlers need Wandale at WR for the NFL. NFL chances? 0.0%

Comments like this makes me laugh. When good players leave, its the cleanup the roster needs, when bad players leave, it is the cleanup this roster needs. When every recruit from the state of Florida leaves, it's the cleanup the roster needs. Losing this many players, some of whom contribute, it is never a good thing.

The same people touting our WR “talent” next year were no doubt the same people saying the reason that position sucked in year 2 was because Warner was hurt and just wait when he’s healthy! The common denominator is a HC far in over his head.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
McCaffrey stunk at QB. He was a good runner and would make a great WR. Kid can't throw or read defenses. Kind of hard to be a productive QB. As for Wandale, he needs his NFL routes. He was clearly a better RB but was too small to be an every down RB. His handlers need Wandale at WR for the NFL. NFL chances? 0.0%

Whew, well now that the frauds offense ran both out of town no doubt he should be lighting up the scoreboard next year!

But in reality, it will be excuses galore again after he wins 4-5 games and we are talking about all the defections next January.

Whew, well now that the frauds offense ran both out of town no doubt he should be lighting up the scoreboard next year!

But in reality, it will be excuses galore again after he wins 4-5 games and we are talking about all the defections next January.
So what you are saying is that we might win the same number of games with or without Luke and Wandale? My point exactly. We know our ceiling with Luke at QB and Wandale at WR. Are we better with them on the field? I say not a chance with Luke at QB and we were better with Wandale at RB. Not my fault those kids are both stupid.

I don't care what offense you run or what the rest of our team looks like. There is a no way a decent D-I QB has 1 TD passing and 6 interceptions over a season and is considered good. McCaffrey is a great athlete with a big name and is a terrible QB. Wandale was a good RB but a terrible WR. Hard to be a good WR when you are 5'2" and not a burner.

Doesn't really address the issues. Frost benched Martinez for McCaffery. Frost had no one better at receiver than Robinson. Where these players are "clearly better" is not the point. The head football coach at Nebraska recruited them at the positions they were playing at Nebraska. He started them at those same positions. I could not care less about NFL chances for either of them. They, like their head coach, were brought here to win games at Nebraska, not for the Packers, Giants or Chiefs.

Reactions: bigboxes
Doesn't really address the issues. Frost benched Martinez for McCaffery. Frost had no one better at receiver than Robinson. Where these players are "clearly better" is not the point. The head football coach at Nebraska recruited them at the positions they were playing at Nebraska. He started them at those same positions. I could not care less about NFL chances for either of them. They, like their head coach, were brought here to win games at Nebraska, not for the Packers, Giants or Chiefs.
So what. You are a sky is falling guy because these two left. I am a let’s see who will step up kind of guy. AM should have been benched. Luke was next up and he sucked also. Wandale was a high maintenance midget. I won’t miss either. Just looking for a couple of guys that shine when the lights come on. Hopefully they are on the roster today. A good QB covers a lot of deficiencies and a bad QB creates a death spiral. It all starts at the QB spot and Frost has whiffed so far.

Reactions: Mack In Motion

Exactly. I don't know why everyone talks of development of players for the NFL. I just want to win. Scott Frost is just not doing that.

Reactions: Red I 73
So what. You are a sky is falling guy because these two left. I am a let’s see who will step up kind of guy. AM should have been benched. Luke was next up and he sucked also. Wandale was a high maintenance midget. I won’t miss either. Just looking for a couple of guys that shine when the lights come on. Hopefully they are on the roster today. A good QB covers a lot of deficiencies and a bad QB creates a death spiral. It all starts at the QB spot and Frost has whiffed so far.
I am in the facts world you are in the hope world. You write posts as if you are talking facts, but you are really just looking for the silver lining. Wandale Robinson had 51 receptions and led the team. Players 2-5 had 55 receptions combined. So keep searching for the lights to come on guy. I'll keep looking at the actual statistics.

Reactions: jmliehr
I am in the facts world you are in the hope world. You write posts as if you are talking facts, but you are really just looking for the silver lining. Wandale Robinson had 51 receptions and led the team. Players 2-5 had 55 receptions combined. So keep searching for the lights to come on guy. I'll keep looking at the actual statistics.
You want facts. 9 yards a catch and 1 TD.

You want facts. 9 yards a catch and 1 TD.
sounds like a QB issue. Considering only 5 passing TDs were thrown all season.

So I will go back to what I said earlier. The head coach at Nebraska, who happens to be the play caller, called plays to get the ball into the hands of a "midget", "playing out of position" yet you want to blame the "midget" Sounds logical.

He was the best receiver on the team, again not his fault. Why did Frost not have better options, or hell just other options?

sounds like a QB issue. Considering only 5 passing TDs were thrown all season.

So I will go back to what I said earlier. The head coach at Nebraska, who happens to be the play caller, called plays to get the ball into the hands of a "midget", "playing out of position" yet you want to blame the "midget" Sounds logical.

He was the best receiver on the team, again not his fault. Why did Frost not have better options, or hell just other options?
No point in arguing with you. You pretend like Wandale and Luke are the only athletes on the planet. Wasn’t impressed with either. I would prefer a QB that can throw, a banger with size at RB and a WR taller than Bilbo Baggins. That’s just me.

No point in arguing with you. You pretend like Wandale and Luke are the only athletes on the planet. Wasn’t impressed with either. I would prefer a QB that can throw, a banger with size at RB and a WR taller than Bilbo Baggins. That’s just me.

Back pedal, slide to the right, slide to the left, criss cross.

quite dancing around. I am not sure I have said either is the only athlete on the planet. I am just saying that they were two of the best athletes that Frost has put on the roster. Frost issue not Wandale or Luke problem.

You just want to blame the player for being 5'7 and don't want to blame the coach for recruiting the 5'7 guy.

Edit - You're right there is no point in arguing with me if you are going to continue to bring this weak ass shit my way.

Back pedal, slide to the right, slide to the left, criss cross.

quite dancing around. I am not sure I have said either is the only athlete on the planet. I am just saying that they were two of the best athletes that Frost has put on the roster. Frost issue not Wandale or Luke problem.

You just want to blame the player for being 5'7 and don't want to blame the coach for recruiting the 5'7 guy.
No, he tried Luke and he failed. Wandale is a good athlete he tried to feature in games and he had average stats. You’re a clown.

No, he tried Luke and he failed. Wandale is a good athlete he tried to feature in games and he had average stats. You’re a clown.
What're you gonna do about it? You think anybody's gonna believe you? You think anybody's gonna take your word over mine? I'm a man of respect around here. They love me around here, I'm a swell guy; you're a lying sack of shit! And everybody knows it.

What're you gonna do about it? You think anybody's gonna believe you? You think anybody's gonna take your word over mine? I'm a man of respect around here. They love me around here, I'm a swell guy; you're a lying sack of shit! And everybody knows it.
Man of respect around a message board? Come on man, set the bar a little higher. A comment like that is like saying I’m the best garbage man in my zip code.

Man of respect around a message board? Come on man, set the bar a little higher. A comment like that is like saying I’m the best garbage man in my zip code.

Not only are you in over your head in a football discussion with me, but you are also inadequately versed in John Hughes movie quotes.

That is a line from The Breakfast Club. So lighten up Francis.

Not only are you in over your head in a football discussion with me, but you are also inadequately versed in John Hughes movie quotes.

That is a line from The Breakfast Club. So lighten up Francis.

You are actually wrong on both accounts. I know it hurts to be schooled by somebody smarter, funnier and more informed. I suggest you watch Cobra Kai on Netflix. Johnny Lawrence starts to teach the loser kids karate. Many life lessons for a guy like you. It’s never too late to turn in your fake message board trophy and start living in the world of adults. Start by deflating your ego as it relates to a message board. Next step, get a job and get out of your mom’s basement.

You are actually wrong on both accounts. I know it hurts to be schooled by somebody smarter, funnier and more informed. I suggest you watch Cobra Kai on Netflix. Johnny Lawrence starts to teach the loser kids karate. Many life lessons for a guy like you. It’s never too late to turn in your fake message board trophy and start living in the world of adults. Start by deflating your ego as it relates to a message board. Next step, get a job and get out of your mom’s basement.

No, I am right on both accounts. First of all you had no idea it was a movie quote. Second, the garbage man thing......it missed. Third, it is you that is taking themselves far too seriously on a football message board. Fourth, no one, I mean no one uses the word "schooled" anymore. This is 2021 not 1995.

Last, and certainly not least, if you think the tired "get a job and get out of your mom's basement" jab is at all smart, clever or informed you should just log off the free board. They may think that stuff is funny on the pay side of the site, but here, on the free site, you need to bring your A game. Sorry, but mama's basement jokes and "schooled" don't get it. So back to the drawing board for you.

No, I am right on both accounts. First of all you had no idea it was a movie quote. Second, the garbage man thing......it missed. Third, it is you that is taking themselves far too seriously on a football message board. Fourth, no one, I mean no one uses the word "schooled" anymore. This is 2021 not 1995.

Last, and certainly not least, if you think the tired "get a job and get out of your mom's basement" jab is at all smart, clever or informed you should just log off the free board. They may think that stuff is funny on the pay side of the site, but here, on the free site, you need to bring your A game. Sorry, but mama's basement jokes and "schooled" don't get it. So back to the drawing board for you.

You are clearly one of those "I have to get the last word" type of guys. I'm going to add that you have never had a girlfriend. No way a chick could stand this type of drivel. If you somehow conned a chick into going on a date with you, she probably hung herself in the bathroom.

You are clearly one of those "I have to get the last word" type of guys. I'm going to add that you have never had a girlfriend. No way a chick could stand this type of drivel. If you somehow conned a chick into going on a date with you, she probably hung herself in the bathroom.

oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

the point was that no matter the reason or the player, some will always make it look like Nebraska is benefiting from the departure.

I can promise you that there are players on the roster that “Want to be here” but never sniff the field and will look to transfer.

The math dictates 45ish kids will sniff the field in a given year and there are 85 scholarships. So with those numbers there is always going to be players “undeserving of a scholarship”
In terms of who is/isn't undeserving, that is in many cases not known when the players shows up the first practice. Kade seemed to have a nice niche as a role player when defenses had to worry about both JD and Stan. That worked out less for him when opposing DBs had less to worry about from our WR group. From the moment Frost announced Cam was going to be a center, we knew the opportunity to play would be limited for him. The guys playing are more athletic than he is, plus Frost and Austin are bringing in more of those type of players.

Both in portal as well....yikes
Warner's famous Dad made some cryptic remark regarding good things to come for his son after the transfer. Leads me to believe there must be some pre-arranged deal for where he's going and Daddy is responsible for negotiating the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT