ADVERTISEMENT

Warner and Farniok

giphy.gif

Will Farniok isn't a surprise. If he wants to start somewhere, he needs to transfer. Warner is more surprising/disturbing. He was a regular player. Maybe he felt he also was getting passed up by the younger players?

Will Farniok isn't a surprise. If he wants to start somewhere, he needs to transfer. Warner is more surprising/disturbing. He was a regular player. Maybe he felt he also was getting passed up by the younger players?

Kade Werner caught 5 balls last season.

For 40 yards.

With Warner on the bench, Falck had that production (5 catches for 39 yards) in one game against Purdue.

Kade Werner caught 5 balls last season.

For 40 yards.

With Warner on the bench, Falck had that production (5 catches for 39 yards) in one game against Purdue.
Maybe Falck coming back made a difference here. His snaps went down at the end of the year as others pointed out. Perhaps he'll drop down to Div II and get more playing time. If he goes to another P5 school to sit on the bench, that would be the shock. I thought he's stick around as a veteran leader, and take what snaps he could get.
Warner and Wandale were actually considered the "leaders" of the WR group, and the offense as a whole. Luke also seemed like a leader for some of the young offensive players. It's disappointing that they're leaving for whatever reason.
Guess we really need to get the OL and QB positions right first. Until that happens, the rest if just window dressing.

Reactions: jselmer and Reditus
Disturbing? He was seeing playing time until he couldn't catch easy td's... you know, the bare minimum requirement to get playing time for his position.

That opens up a couple more spots for walk ons at least. Good riddance Luke, Will and Kade. I wish you the best.

Honestly, this is the roster cleanup we need. I'd like to see more names on that list

Comments like this makes me laugh. When good players leave, its the cleanup the roster needs, when bad players leave, it is the cleanup this roster needs. When every recruit from the state of Florida leaves, it's the cleanup the roster needs. Losing this many players, some of whom contribute, it is never a good thing.

Maybe Falck coming back made a difference here. His snaps went down at the end of the year as others pointed out. Perhaps he'll drop down to Div II and get more playing time. If he goes to another P5 school to sit on the bench, that would be the shock. I thought he's stick around as a veteran leader, and take what snaps he could get.
Warner and Wandale were actually considered the "leaders" of the WR group, and the offense as a whole. Luke also seemed like a leader for some of the young offensive players. It's disappointing that they're leaving for whatever reason.
Guess we really need to get the OL and QB positions right first. Until that happens, the rest if just window dressing.

I guess that’s what happens when young guys are in a role of leadership. That’s an indictment on us for not having older guys leading the offense.

Comments like this makes me laugh. When good players leave, its the cleanup the roster needs, when bad players leave, it is the cleanup this roster needs. When every recruit from the state of Florida leaves, it's the cleanup the roster needs. Losing this many players, some of whom contribute, it is never a good thing.
Literally nobody said anything about "roster cleanup" when Wandale transferred or the Florida kids all left.

Maybe not those exact words, but the insinuation is that it was addition by subtraction. They have bad attitudes, blah blah blah
There is zero doubt there is a massive issue with leadership on our offense. It has cost us Robinson and McCaffrey just this month.

• Haha
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Neither would play this upcoming season. Warner isn't even on the 2 deep. Will would have been a back up center at best.

Maybe not those exact words, but the insinuation is that it was addition by subtraction. They have bad attitudes, blah blah blah
I don't want anybody on the team who doesn't want to be here. We've got scholarships being wasted on kids who will never sniff the field in any capacity. Could be attitude, could be talent. I don't know. Move them out and upgrade your roster every chance you get. We worry about feelings way too much. Real life is rough.

Definitely not a yikes. They should move on. Neither were going to succeed at Nebraska....and thats at a down Nebraska. Best to step down a division and give it a go.

Fans need to drop the pretense that college football is about student athletes. College football is a semi professional league. There is no such thing as loyalty to school.

Reactions: 9and4
Warner has been at NU a while and had a nice career. He's probably finished his undergrad and is ready to go to grad school somewhere. Best of luck to him.

W. Farniok doesn't shock me. You don't like to lose depth but he's looking at a lifetime of being a backup and his brother was gone as well. Their family is perhaps done with DONU.

Reactions: Reditus and 9and4
It's fine to be concerned and look for deeper issues when a guy like Wandale leaves. We have a major issue, no doubt. It's also fine to not be concerned when Farniok and Warner leave.

I don't want anybody on the team who doesn't want to be here. We've got scholarships being wasted on kids who will never sniff the field in any capacity. Could be attitude, could be talent. I don't know. Move them out and upgrade your roster every chance you get. We worry about feelings way too much. Real life is rough.

the point was that no matter the reason or the player, some will always make it look like Nebraska is benefiting from the departure.

I can promise you that there are players on the roster that “Want to be here” but never sniff the field and will look to transfer.

The math dictates 45ish kids will sniff the field in a given year and there are 85 scholarships. So with those numbers there is always going to be players “undeserving of a scholarship”

I don't think it matters much this year, will it?

While the NCAA has said they will not enforce the 85 man limit next year, they will still enforce the 25 man limit for transfers/recruits.

NU has 20 signees and 3 transfers, so only 2 spots left regardless of our attrition. And a lot of transfers will be SOL on scholarships in the portal because all schools are dealing with the same issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT