ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale to the portal

Well I like to I guess take the glass half full approach. Losing Wandale hurts but we've recruited some outstanding WR and TE prospects. We'll be more athletic there and maybe at RB once we integrate the freshmen and maybe a transfer. They're beating the bushes for a transfer RB.
so, when the glass is bone dry, you like to say it's full of air?

I think that is very debatable. The returning QB made WAY too many mistakes. The offense itself was not a disaster.
if only everyone had the ability to completely block out all but 2 quarters (against F'ing rutgers, no less) over the past 2 years, we'd be knocking on the door of a national title.

I admire your and @headcard's ability to do so.

"way too many mistakes" and "statistically the worst quarterback in the conference for 2 consecutive seasons" are two hilarious sides to the same coin.

adrian martinez is incapable. he's proven it over the course of 20 games. don't hold your breath for it to change or @jlb321 will be changing your bed pans by the middle of next year.

if only everyone had the ability to completely block out all but 2 quarters (against F'ing rutgers, no less) over the past 2 years, we'd be knocking on the door of a national title.

I admire your and @headcard's ability to do so.

"way too many mistakes" and "statistically the worst quarterback in the conference for 2 consecutive seasons" are two hilarious sides to the same coin.

Idk how hard to take this, but I think you're taking it too hard. Who knows maybe the B1G won't even let us play next year and deny one of their teams from the National Championship. Great job Kevin Warren. Go f yourself.

no he doesn't want to do both
both he and his dad were extremely pissed after 2019 about the beating he took

that was what the comments about looking for a different offense were alluding to
He needs to get better at route running then. With his below average, lazy route running, he couldn't get open. So the only way to get him the ball was to hand it off to him.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Idk how hard to take this, but I think you're taking it too hard. Who knows maybe the B1G won't even let us play next year and deny one of their teams from the National Championship. Great job Kevin Warren. Go f yourself.
tonight, two teams will compete for a trophy we will never sniff while playing an entirely different sport than we play.

Wan’Dale‘s former OC/Position Coach is in his 6th job since 2016 including an offseason where he took a job at Ole Miss only to bolt weeks later to Baylor and then again the same offseason to Washington.

Coaches and administrative guys work the career ladder but for some reason the unpaid players “owe” some sort of loyalty?

I disagree with coaches bolting ‘too often’ also.
I appreciate the Matt Campbells. He had every chance to leave and stayed loyal. It’s only increased his stock. I know it can’t be applied to every situation.

It is difficult to say when is ok and when is not. Nothing’s crystal clear, and it’s easy to make arguments for the “open market” stuff.
Right or wrong, I just miss the sense that a kid commits and has a better than 50% chance to see it through at their school.

AM2 was a fringe Heisman level QB his first year here with Morgan and Spielman at WR and Ziggy and Mo in the backfield.

As Morgan and Ziggy disappeared, AM2 got worse, then Spielman and Washington left, AM2 got worse.

Not saying AM2 hasn’t made mistakes, but he’s had less and less talent surrounding him and the results have followed.
He was never close to a Heisman level quarterback. After his freshman year, a lot of people thought he had the potential to improve and turn into a Heisman level qb, but that never happened. In fact, he went backwards after that.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I disagree with coaches bolting ‘too often’ also.
I appreciate the Matt Campbells. He had every chance to leave and stayed loyal. It’s only increased his stock. I know it can’t be applied to every situation.

It is difficult to say when is ok and when is not. Nothing’s crystal clear, and it’s easy to make arguments for the “open market” stuff.
Right or wrong, I just miss the sense that a kid commits and has a better than 50% chance to see it through at their school.

Matt Campbell went from a GA in 2004 to Mount Union as an OC in 05/06, then Bowling Green in 07/08, Toledo as an assistant after that. He spent 4 years as HC for Toledo before bolting to Iowa State and given the right opportunity he will leave again.

He was never close to a Heisman level quarterback. After his freshman year, a lot of people thought he had the potential to improve and turn into a Heisman level qb, but that never happened. In fact, he went backwards after that.

He was #10 by Athlon Sports preseason 2019

Top 11 on a NFL article

USA Today #7

And as far as getting worse, that’s what tends to happen when the players around you get worse.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He was sold on the vision as so many young men are. That vision has not come to fruition. He gave Frost time to produce a product that showcased him; instead we ended up with a game plan and execution that frankly at times I was worried would get him killed. As a dad of a college student, this has been a strange and rough year on kids going to college and cannot blame any young adult for wanting to be closer to home. I don't want to see him leave but cannot begrudge his decision.
Hard to argue.

Right, so Frost should change the way he runs his offense because his star wide receiver apparently doesn't like the way he's getting touches. That's definitely a great way to build a good culture.
Yes. His other way of building a good culture is “I didn’t recruit you so I don’t care as much about you” worked. Look at Riley’s players on Twitter. That’s how they felt. It was clear. Instead of building guys up he tore them down.

What makes you think that all of those players will work out? Not a very good track record so far
Manning had injuries but he is a grown man, will have a full year to get ready. Toure is a stud at the college level..NU hasn’t had a guy like that. Betts flashed his potential and will have a full year with playbook. Call me hopeful but we haven’t had this many quality athletes in the WR core. Big WRs at that.

So without Mom's problems does he leave? IF Mom were able to have been sitting in the stadium in the B1G like she could have this year in the SEC does he leave? Probably not.

Maybe, maybe not. I know his dad has been in his ear so it wouldn’t surprise if he did leave. Good players don’t stick around if you don’t win in today’s college football.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think that is very debatable. The returning QB made WAY too many mistakes. The offense itself was not a disaster.

Offense was a disaster for the biggest part of the year. Non-existent running game, high snaps, no downfield threat. Hell, guys couldn’t even get open which allowed teams to double Wandale. We were then forced to spoon feed him the ball just to get it in his hands. We were ranked 101 in total offense. That’s a total disaster. But let’s blame it on Covid..

Yes. His other way of building a good culture is “I didn’t recruit you so I don’t care as much about you” worked. Look at Riley’s players on Twitter. That’s how they felt. It was clear. Instead of building guys up he tore them down.
Yeah I don't understand that at all. They chose to come to Nebraska and be a part of the program, so I don't see why it would make a difference if you recruited them or not.

Have you gotten rid of Duvall yet? War daddy. He’s the biggest bum on the planet and produces tiny, weak football players

Have you gotten rid of Duvall yet? War daddy. He’s the biggest bum on the planet and produces tiny, weak football players

I actually like War Daddy. Our team has gotten bigger and stronger across the board. Now I wouldn’t label him as the best in the business like Frost does but overall I’m ok with what he has done.

Adrian Martinez should transfer too. He just lost his bes
Yeah I don't understand that at all. They chose to come to Nebraska and be a part of the program, so I don't see why it would make a difference if you recruited them or not.
When you take over a team you take over all the players, not just the ones you recruit. Frost bad mouthed the previous coaches to the players and media when all he had to say was “we aren’t talking about the past but moving forward”. I guarantee our next coach won’t mention Frost but will just talk about the direction they want to take it. Why make players feel unwelcome? I hated it back then and hate it even more now.

My thoughts are that there is no need to "explain it away". The kid says why he is leaving. This is the nature of college football right now. The issue to me, is that after 3 years, we haven't developed the depth to deal with departures like this. This team still needs to win next year and this cannot be an excuse not too.
18 likes, you're kidding me, right. It's obvious that you do NOT have a keen sense of the obvious; rather, the obvious is an endless loop of trending denial.

Adrian Martinez should transfer too. He just lost his bes

When you take over a team you take over all the players, not just the ones you recruit. Frost bad mouthed the previous coaches to the players and media when all he had to say was “we aren’t talking about the past but moving forward”. I guarantee our next coach won’t mention Frost but will just talk about the direction they want to take it. Why make players feel unwelcome? I hated it back then and hate it even more now.
Time for healing! And unity!

Reactions: coach00036
18 likes, you're kidding me, right. It's obvious that you do NOT have a keen sense of the obvious; rather, the obvious is an endless loop of trending denial.
Cool post, thanks for the insights (or lack there of).

doug peterson wins a super bowl and is fired 2 years later

frost has yet to qualify for a bowl game and has now seen his best WR leave the program 2 straight years, but needs more time to implement his system
Obviously there is a real issue , no sugar coating it any longer .

You are proud that a team from your conference who dominates is dominating again? That’s Kentucky football? Hey, we play Alabama so we are good? I thought you guys spent this time hyping your basketball team up so calipari can blow it in the sweet 16
Good enough that Wandale is transferring here. Good enough to win 3 consecutive bowl games. If Ohio State played an SEC schedule they would be 9-3 every year.

Good enough that Wandale is transferring here. Good enough to win 3 consecutive bowl games. If Ohio State played an SEC schedule they would be 9-3 every year.
Hilarious to hear you keep talking about winning three consecutive bowl games, like that is an amazing accomplishment. You had a losing record this year . But I guess if you weren’t an insecure loser you wouldn’t be trolling another teams message board right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT