ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale to the portal

brutal. going to be hard to explain this one away.

My thoughts are that there is no need to "explain it away". The kid says why he is leaving. This is the nature of college football right now. The issue to me, is that after 3 years, we haven't developed the depth to deal with departures like this. This team still needs to win next year and this cannot be an excuse not too.

He did his part and gave it his all, I feel like other factors outside his control are why he is leaving...if we had a QB who could throw, or a line that could block, or, or, or....what is this kid supposed to do? Stay with a program that appears to be trending down with a not very good QB?? I don't like him quitting, but I don't blame him either.

My thoughts are that there is no need to "explain it away". The kid says why he is leaving. This is the nature of college football right now. The issue to me, is that after 3 years, we haven't developed the depth to deal with departures like this. This team still needs to win next year and this cannot be an excuse not too.
this is the nature of Nebraska football right now.

sure, tons of kids transfer, but there will be extremely few (if any) with his guaranteed place in the program and bona fides who choose to leave their program.

Reactions: zrob and ATX Husker
Brown has first shot I think. Hopefully Nixon will be ready to go and can help. Belt might be an option. Nance has a chance now? Maybe a Freshmen like Grimes can play the slot. We have some slot talent. It will be young. They can always play Rahmir out there as well.

this is the nature of Nebraska football right now.

sure, tons of kids transfer, but there will be extremely few (if any) with his guaranteed place in the program and bona fides who choose to leave their program.

Good players are leaving all over the place. I like him and hope it works out for him. But our staff needs to earn their pay and get him replaced. Go get someone in his spot or got get enough QB depth to feel OK about putting Luke in his spot. We have to win next year, maybe even more than before this announcement.

We'll be fine.
05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Brown has first shot I think. Hopefully Nixon will be ready to go and can help. Belt might be an option. Nance has a chance now? Maybe a Freshmen like Grimes can play the slot. We have some slot talent. It will be young. They can always play Rahmir out there as well.

Crazy to think of the guys that could play this spot that have left. JD, Mo, Wandale and Fleming.

I think the best option on the roster is Luke, but that could create a QB depth problem.

Good players are leaving all over the place. I like him and hope it works out for him. But our staff needs to earn their pay and get him replaced. Go get someone in his spot or got get enough QB depth to feel OK about putting Luke in his spot. We have to win next year, maybe even more than before this announcement.
round and round we go

where it stops - everybody knows! (4-8)

This sucks but I’m not too surprised. He and his dad have always been a bit hard to please, I just thought he would last one more year then enter for his senior season. Bottom line I believe that losing and lack of direction/identify from the offense is what drove Wandale away. Frost has got to start winning and has to be a better coach. We are not going to out skill anyone in the big ten therefore we need to play smarter and harder than the other teams.

Where are all the posters that said it wasn’t true when I told you this back in October? Where are all the “but his dad said it’s not true” posters. Appreciate you getting him ready for us...Go CATS!

I will never understand why Frost used him to run between the tackles as if he was a 230 pound back. Wandale was always better on the plays where he could operate in space.

Because our qb’s couldn’t get him the ball. Giving him touches from the RB position was a sure way of him getting touches.

doug peterson wins a super bowl and is fired 2 years later

frost has yet to qualify for a bowl game and has now seen his best WR leave the program 2 straight years, but needs more time to implement his system
quick question.... if Speilman was our best receiver and he didn't even start at a 6-4 TCU team. Not arguing if he was or was not our best receiver because i wish he stayed. Just saying that he wasn't even good enough to start for them outside of being a kick returner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT