ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson

Maybe this is just payback for all the Husker fans who said he took money from UK. :oops:

UK fan here. Justin Rowland, a pretty respected insider on the main UK board, is reporting it as well. I can’t believe he would put this out there with no reason. Yet, what the kid is publicly saying doesn’t make any sense, if it’s true.

Sure sounds like someone is being played.
Either way, one school is being strung along.

I still think it’s him vs. his families plan, but it is feeling more like he’s holding onto 2 girlfriends, hoping one will leave him so he doesn’t have to choose.

I hope that's true, but all of the "insiders" said Wandale was a lock to Nebraska, right before he announced his commitment to Kentucky. I won't believe anything until this kid actually signs the LOI.
Wandale had actually committed to the NU coaches a few weeks prior and then supposedly Wandale's "handler" called and talked to Frost the night before he committed and they had a disagreement about something. Some have speculated that it was because the handler wanted a guarantee on a starting spot at JD's position and some speculated it was money(Jim Rose). It was also speculated that Frost basically said, "I don't know who the "f" you are" when the handler called and that pissed him off. Not sure what went down, but Coach Walters and Coach Held have been on the phone with him 24/7 and have visited him in home weekly since in homes were allowed to smooth things over. Sounds like it is working.

we are hearing from our insider on UK boards, that Wandale is likely to flip to Nebraska.

Looks like NU's check finally cleared.(I kid) Ha ha.

I really don't think any money was promised or given to him or his family. I think it's possible that the advisor may have been promised something if he steered him to Lexington, but even that's just speculation based on 1) there being an "advisor", that's frequently an indication of something shady; 2) Vince being involved. It's possible that the advisor is an honest guy, but that whole Kentucky commitment just seemed weird.

So how does coaches visits work? Are assistants able to visit when they please? I know for a head coach it’s limited to just 1 visit.
Assistants get one in home per week and the head coach gets one in home total. I believe that Stoops was in home with him right after the open visit period started. Nebraska is saving Frosts visit until last minute.

One report says his family is not yet on board, as they want him closer to home. Frost will have to,win over his family on the home visit to get their blessing and his signature Dec 19th.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I really don't think any money was promised or given to him or his family. I think it's possible that the advisor may have been promised something if he steered him to Lexington, but even that's just speculation based on 1) there being an "advisor", that's frequently an indication of something shady; 2) Vince being involved. It's possible that the advisor is an honest guy, but that whole Kentucky commitment just seemed weird.
I think I heard Clouse say that Wandale’s “advisor” was/is Rondale Moore’s “advisor”.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah but I mean, Guy Thomas just left. That moved us up to 26 scholarships open and that's not including oversigning. So, if Daniels takes up one, down to 25, plus Tre Neal left due...

My point is, ask @Tuco Salamanca to get into the numbers, but we do have the space and yes, some guys might transfer out as well, though I would hope that number is going down.
We're able to take 30

Mom almost always wins out in the end. Best of luck at Kentucky, Wandale.
It seems like however that this is usually a problem after the head coach has already visited. This time it sounds like we may have more of a chance to win the family over if the visit goes really well.

How would we be getting played if he's committed to UK? We all know its a long shot to get him but Frost and Co. Believe he's worth it

Not saying we are necessarily getting played by him. He’s not closing the door completely and that is allowing Wiltfong and other recruiting analysts create a buzz that in all honesty, probably doesn’t have any substance. Suckers like me are hitting the refresh button every 5 minutes when in reality is all for nothing.

I believe we’re getting played hard

Like others have said already, what is he supposed to say? He’s committed to Kentucky, how would it look if he suddenly stopped peer recruiting?

If he flips, the peer recruiting will stop, and not before then. He’s still Kentucky until Frost gives him a reason to switch. If he does.

Reactions: HuskerO
Reactions: CatColumbia
Lets face it-- the kid seems to have always wanted to go to Nebraska. It's in his best long term interest as a player and for his financial future if he gets to the NFL. He'll have huge stats in Lincoln and none in Lexington. We aren't recruiting Wandale-- we are recruiting his parents and handler. Hopefully he has convinced them that Wandale will be the one in school, and not his parents.
Of course the issue is that Wandale wants to play in Frost's offense but his parents want him to be close to home. That's the source of the tension. And the outside handlers may or may not have their own financial incentives to push.

Reactions: timnsun
If we get him, great! He’ll be an awesome addition to the team. If not, oh well, moving on and best of luck to him. At least he’s not going to the stinkin Herks.

Reactions: WHCSC and arf_man
hmmm, jimmies getting rustled enough to dictate a CB change..... perhaps he's come to terms with his original choice and the events since then and is going to do his thing for him, at least he has had time to see and compare. I hope he ends up with the education he looks to pursue.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT