ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson

If he ends up at Nebraska I can't wait for those babbling about payments from Kentucky to speak up and speculate how much the bagmen at Nebraska shelled out.
As one of those babblers initially, I began to backtrack a little bit when it became clear that it was just Jim Rose who was making that claim. If there’s no other corroborating report, then Jim Rose isn’t enough for me to say Robinson was paid. And if you go look at my posts, I began to say that as well a few weeks back.

Meh, he's a slot receiver and would be very good in a spread offense.

Who is going to replace Stanley? That seems more important to me now. You guys watch Hakeem Butler for Iowa State?

We need a cat like that.

Reactions: headcard

Who is going to replace Stanley? That seems more important to me now. You guys watch Hakeem Butler for Iowa State?

We need a cat like that.
For sure. Would still love to get a grad transfer like Nate Craig-Myers or Jeff Thomas.

Reactions: red scowl

We need a cat like that.
Mo Washington

or maybe both ...do you really care if a booster gives him and his family 15k to play at Nebraska...as long as our university is not involved? You do understand that most of these payments skirt the major universities and are between rich men who want to participate in the program, bag men, and the kid or their families. Often the kid doesn't even know a payment has been made...but the family will "persuade" the kid. That is why some of the reactions on NSD are so over the top from family members. They may have been expecting a payment if the kid chose the "right" school. We spent/waste hundreds of millions of dollars on an amateur sport. I would hope we would do what the competition has been and is doing, and we do it in such a novel intelligent way that we never get caught. If you are worried about morality, you lost the battle the moment you put money into college football, while education, science, public health and safety are all strapped.
Yes, I do CARE about cheating.

Yes, I do CARE about cheating.

Is it cheating if the rules are not enforced? I mean driving 1 over the speed limit is against the law...so are you a criminal on the interstate everytime you drive? We know that players at the top 10 programs receive benefits from boosters outside of the program. We know that the reputation of these setups can improve recruiting to an area. We know that in most industry the top talents receive more money, and we know the top talents in college football deserve compensation for their services, much more than the bottom half the team. The cheating comes when adult men rake in millions off of the exploits of 18-22 year olds, and it is even more pathetic when these men don't care to compete by "cheating". Now if we get caught cheating I would be pissed because our staff was too stupid to do it creatively or to stop blatant and obvious cheating. Look Osborne cheated...his players were paid by "employers" and never went to work..stayed at home or in dorms and play video games and shot up. These are facts, witnessed by fans. These kids were young and dumb and voiced their exploits. I hope we think Frost is clean, and didn't use the green, and we recruit in the top 10, and build a fantastic, talented team, to be proud of....but if we waste millions to win 8 games a year, redirect money from fans for coach and administration salaries, while allowing fans to boost the local economy, w/o trying everything possible...well that is cheating.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBeav815
Is it cheating if the rules are not enforced? I mean driving 1 over the speed limit is against the law...so are you a criminal on the interstate everytime you drive? We know that players at the top 10 programs receive benefits from boosters outside of the program. We know that the reputation of these setups can improve recruiting to an area. We know that in most industry the top talents receive more money, and we know the top talents in college football deserve compensation for their services, much more than the bottom half the team. The cheating comes when adult men rake in millions off of the exploits of 18-22 year olds, and it is even more pathetic when these men don't care to compete by "cheating". Now if we get caught cheating I would be pissed because our staff was too stupid to do it creatively or to stop blatant and obvious cheating. Look Osborne cheated...his players were paid by "employers" and never went to work..stayed at home or in dorms and play video games and shot up. These are facts, witnessed by fans. These kids were young and dumb and voiced their exploits. I hope we think Frost is clean, and didn't use the green, and we recruit in the top 10, and build a fantastic, talented team, to be proud of....but if we waste millions to win 8 games a year, redirect money from fans for coach and administration salaries, while allowing fans to boost the local economy, w/o trying everything possible...well that is cheating.

link? I think your post is more about your own character than the football program. In the deed the glory...

Look Osborne cheated...his players were paid by "employers" and never went to work..stayed at home or in dorms and play video games and shot up.
I've heard TO speak on a couple occasions about players "working" at car dealerships and so forth and he mentioned both times that back then (70s) it was a customary practice you couldn't do now. So as far as "cheating", I guess the philosopher has to delve into what is illegal, what is unethical, what is unfair, what is "off-center", but gives you an edge, and so forth. I would like to think that TO allowed off-center and possibly unfair, but not unethical, nor illegal. As far as "shot up", anabolic steroids were not illegal until December 1990 and it took the law several years to catch on. I believe by 1992 TO was onboard with testing and while his two MNC teams may have been juicing somewhat, it was not with his blessing. And anyway, AAS legislation is a lot like marijuana legislation, not an enumerated federal power and best left to the "several states."

As one of those babblers initially, I began to backtrack a little bit when it became clear that it was just Jim Rose who was making that claim. If there’s no other corroborating report, then Jim Rose isn’t enough for me to say Robinson was paid. And if you go look at my posts, I began to say that as well a few weeks back.
I think Sean c was preaching it too. Both wrong or legitimate smoke

I think Sean c was preaching it too. Both wrong or legitimate smoke
I heard that too initially, but then it seemed as though he never reinforced it... had opportunities to I think, but never repeated it. And I don’t think it was on the record... just reported that he said it to a crowd in Beatrice.

So I feel like there needs to be more than what Callahan reportedly said and what Jim Rose said for me to believe it completely.

Could it have happened as reported by Rose? Sure. But I’m less convinced that it absolutely happened.

I heard that too initially, but then it seemed as though he never reinforced it... had opportunities to I think, but never repeated it. And I don’t think it was on the record... just reported that he said it to a crowd in Beatrice.

So I feel like there needs to be more than what Callahan reportedly said and what Jim Rose said for me to believe it completely.

Could it have happened as reported by Rose? Sure. But I’m less convinced that it absolutely happened.
Seems to be the case. Think they need to be careful. IF they don't have the facts, they better not say it. As rose says, sports is news. Keep it factual

Reactions: timnsun
I've heard TO speak on a couple occasions about players "working" at car dealerships and so forth and he mentioned both times that back then (70s) it was a customary practice you couldn't do now. So as far as "cheating", I guess the philosopher has to delve into what is illegal, what is unethical, what is unfair, what is "off-center", but gives you an edge, and so forth. I would like to think that TO allowed off-center and possibly unfair, but not unethical, nor illegal. As far as "shot up", anabolic steroids were not illegal until December 1990 and it took the law several years to catch on. I believe by 1992 TO was onboard with testing and while his two MNC teams may have been juicing somewhat, it was not with his blessing. And anyway, AAS legislation is a lot like marijuana legislation, not an enumerated federal power and best left to the "several states."

My parents always talk about when they were in college some of the cars these guys drove. Jarvis Redwine had a flashy new sportscar all of the sudden. It happens. One of my close family members is a former prominent player at NU, and things happen. To think they don't is very naive. It doesn't always have to be a 100K or huge sums of money.

Really? I know that Held was there last Tuesday. Who visited him this time?

Not sure, I assume Coach Held again. Coach Held has been liking about every tweet that Wandale has tweeted this week, for what it's worth. Wandale also followed Jamin Graham on Twitter right after he committed to us on Sunday.

Reactions: CatColumbia
What are message boards for if not unwarranted speculation? So here's mine: Wandale Robinson initially committed to Kentucky because of a lot of pressure to go there from various parties. Ryan Held was able to diminish some of that pressure during his visit with Robinson and his family. This tweet is a public acknowledgment of that fact. There is now a better than 50% chance that he ends up a Husker (and has an amazing career.) Of course the tweet could be about standing firm on which movie he wanted to see against his girlfriend's objections.
Did you say "pre$$ure"?

we are hearing from our insider on UK boards, that Wandale is likely to flip to Nebraska.
giphy.gif

I think the tweet from Wandale the other day saying "do what makes you happy and not what makes other people happy" or something to that effect was a clear sign he was wavering on Kentucky

Yep, he did and that is why I am having a hard time believing what is going on. But the insider on our paid boards just said he is likely to flip. So TIFIW

I hope that's true, but all of the "insiders" said Wandale was a lock to Nebraska, right before he announced his commitment to Kentucky. I won't believe anything until this kid actually signs the LOI.

Not sure why you come over here to post this. Maybe to get everyone in a frenzy only to be disappointed. I know there is a chance just don’t know how big it really is.

Not sure why you come over here to post this. Maybe to get everyone in a frenzy only to be disappointed. I know there is a chance just don’t know how big it really is.

Because Dave Lackford who follows this recruitment just posted "big news" on your insider board and it's about Wandale.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
ADVERTISEMENT