ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson

I understand this guy is a stud but what drama! We have other more pressing needs, we have 3 highly touted running backs in this class and a superstar in the making with Mo. Let's quit making a fool of ourselves and focus on our needs.

I understand this guy is a stud but what drama! We have other more pressing needs, we have 3 highly touted running backs in this class and a superstar in the making with Mo. Let's quit making a fool of ourselves and focus on our needs.

We have a lack of speed and playmakers at WR. We need a guy like Wandale in this class. Frosts offense needs multiple options to spread the field. JD alone isn’t enough. Maybe we have someone on the roster that can help fill the void but there’s no obvious answer right now

I can understand the Kentucky fan frustration if he is truly wavering on his commitment. Home grow kid got him to commit to stay home. Out board had a bit of a melt down to when he flipped his commitment. I can't imagine how tough this is on the kid himself I'm sure he is getting pressure from family and friends to stay home but knows his skill set could flourish in Frost offense. I don't envy the decision he has to make
I think what has made them mad was the fact he said he was solid unless Brohm went to Louisville.

He will play the "Duck-R" position, which we don't currently have any (Rahmir Johnson could play there too). We are quite thin at both RB and WR. We are losing a 1000 yard rusher and 1000 receiver, and our top returning back-ups are walk-ons (Warner and Mazour). We need playmakers and depth at the skill positions on offense.

It's quite likely we'll still add another WR (Winston Wright) and RB (John Bivens) in this recruiting class, even if we get Wandale.

He will play the "Duck-R" position, which we don't currently have any (Rahmir Johnson could play there too). We are quite thin at both RB and WR. We are losing a 1000 yard rusher and 1000 receiver, and our top returning back-ups are walk-ons (Warner and Mazour). We need playmakers and depth at the skill positions on offense.

It's quite likely we'll still add another WR (Winston Wright) and RB (John Bivens) in this recruiting class, even if we get Wandale.
I see Rahmir as a true RB who happens to have good hands. Wandale is definitely a Duck-R. They didn't do a ton with that position this year, I think that's the 400-level stuff when you really start getting creative with that position and NU needed a lot of 101 and 201 level offense this year. But you saw with UCF how they had multiple guys who could gash you in the run game that second year after a fairly vanilla year one.

Don't forget Miles Jones will be a RS-Fr next year.

Wandale can do a lot of things all over the field, including PR and KR. Imagine having to look at J.D., Mo, Adrian, Miles, and Wandale all on the field and think about who you want to take away while Frost motions them all over the place to get numbers overloaded and 1-on-1 matchups with linebackers.

I think what has made them mad was the fact he said he was solid unless Brohm went to Louisville.
Wandale should go where he wants to go. Of course we would be disappointed if he flips, but mainly what’s upsetting are his comments from yesterday. If he decides to go to Nebraska, that was pretty bad.

I see Rahmir as a true RB who happens to have good hands. Wandale is definitely a Duck-R. They didn't do a ton with that position this year, I think that's the 400-level stuff when you really start getting creative with that position and NU needed a lot of 101 and 201 level offense this year. But you saw with UCF how they had multiple guys who could gash you in the run game that second year after a fairly vanilla year one.

Wandale can do a lot of things all over the field, including PR and KR. Imagine having to look at J.D., Mo, Adrian, Miles, and Wandale all on the field and think about who you want to take away while Frost motions them all over the place to get numbers overloaded and 1-on-1 matchups with linebackers.
Love the sound of that!

I was in the camp of whatever, so the kid stays in KY. But the situation appears to be fluid and Frost continues to woo him, and I think there is a reason for that. The kid can be a dangerous weapon in Frost's offense. NU is losing Stan, so the team needs kids that can help to replace his production. Frost's offense will be intimidating to opposing defenses when multiple one play drive type players are on the field at the same time. And yes, JD, Mo, AMart, Miles and Wandale all fit that bill.

Maybe someone should go post how our basketball team has a higher NET ranking than the mighty Wildcats.

MV5BOTQ2N2I5MDgtODA0NC00M2NmLWIyNzAtNjNlYTQxYWQ4ZTQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA3NDg2Mzg@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: tk39 and TheBeav815
I was in the camp of whatever, so the kid stays in KY. But the situation appears to be fluid and Frost continues to woo him, and I think there is a reason for that. The kid can be a dangerous weapon in Frost's offense. NU is losing Stan, so the team needs kids that can help to replace his production. Frost's offense will be intimidating to opposing defenses when multiple one play drive type players are on the field at the same time. And yes, JD, Mo, AMart, Miles and Wandale all fit that bill.
If you don't think this kid is special you haven't watched his film. There is a reason lots of schools are battling to try to get him. He's fast and very elusive. Add his low center of gravity to that and he's really difficult to tackle. Puts you in mind of guys like Sproles and Abdullah where first you have to catch him, then you have to hit him super low.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
The mods don't need your money, they all drive around in Koenigseggs and Paganis, wear A Lange and Sohne and Patek Philipe watches, have their suits made by Huntsman and Camps de Luca, their shoes by Dimitri Gomez and Foster and Son and eat fancy food like otter noses and wolf nipple chips. To them all the gold in Fort Knox would be just another grain of sand in the Sahara.
I was gonna say, you got all the new brands in there.. lambo's and rolex isn't so hip anymore

so if we get him, is it $cott Fro$t, Tom O$borne and Hu$ker Power reasons? (my response is sacrasm for those who don't get it)

If you don't think this kid is special you haven't watched his film. There is a reason lots of schools are battling to try to get him. He's fast and very elusive. Add his low center of gravity to that and he's really difficult to tackle. Puts you in mind of guys like Sproles and Abdullah where first you have to catch him, then you have to hit him super low.
My deal with Wandale had nothing to do with his obvious talent. Just figured there was a reason he was staying in KY, most likely a family thing. Lot of drama there, best just to let it go. But it seems Frost is still after him and I think there are some kids Scott just sees as being a perfect fit for what he is trying to do.
Who the hell knows what is going on with the kid. Perhaps he really wants to play for Frost, but others in his circle see things differently.

Reactions: huskerfan66
My deal with Wandale had nothing to do with his obvious talent. Just figured there was a reason he was staying in KY, most likely a family thing. Lot of drama there, best just to let it go. But it seems Frost is still after him and I think there are some kids Scott just sees as being a perfect fit for what he is trying to do.
Who the hell knows what is going on with the kid. Perhaps he really wants to play for Frost, but others in his circle see things differently.

IDK whats going on. I have no inside info but it appeared he was upset because he felt like the NU staff lied to him so he committed to UK. Afterwards someone on the NU staff told the radio host that he was paid by UK. As a parent I would have been pissed and forbid anyone from that staff back in my home. But as a fan what really pissed everyone off was during his AA jersey ceremony yesterday he was saying he was 100% committed to UK and would be enrolling early, this was happening at the same time that the news was breaking that he was going to flip to NU. The kid has every right to go wherever he chooses but he needs to learn to handle himself better than this.

Reactions: mapcatfan
IDK whats going on. I have no inside info but it appeared he was upset because he felt like the NU staff lied to him so he committed to UK. Afterwards someone on the NU staff told the radio host that he was paid by UK. As a parent I would have been pissed and forbid anyone from that staff back in my home. But as a fan what really pissed everyone off was during his AA jersey ceremony yesterday he was saying he was 100% committed to UK and would be enrolling early, this was happening at the same time that the news was breaking that he was going to flip to NU. The kid has every right to go wherever he chooses but he needs to learn to handle himself better than this.
What was the lie? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
What was the lie? Thanks in advance for your answer.

No idea. It was reported during the lead up to his announcement that he changed his mind because someone on the NU staff had lied to him. IIRC it was about position/playing time. That coupled with his family wanting him to stay close to home caused him to pick UK. Like I said earlier I have no inside info this was just what was reported.

Reactions: timnsun
No idea. It was reported during the lead up to his announcement that he changed his mind because someone on the NU staff had lied to him. IIRC it was about position/playing time. That coupled with his family wanting him to stay close to home caused him to pick UK. Like I said earlier I have no inside info this was just what was reported.

I have heard this as well. I'm not sure that Frost and his family were or are on the same page. I think the kid wants to go to Nebraska but the family wants to feel secure with Frost. The last visit with Frost, if it goes well, will seal the deal in my opinion. Just my two cents.

No idea. It was reported during the lead up to his announcement that he changed his mind because someone on the NU staff had lied to him.

It was also "reported" that Kentucky paid him fat stacks of cash to secure his committnent.

I think a lot of people are learning that unconfirmed "reports" (like "Nebraska lied to WR" or "Kentucky bought WR") fall somewhere in between "gossip" and "completely made up".

It was also "reported" that Kentucky paid him fat stacks of cash to secure his committnent.

I think a lot of people are learning that unconfirmed "reports" (like "Nebraska lied to WR" or "Kentucky bought WR") fall somewhere in between "gossip" and "completely made up".

Hot goss!

Ye

Yes and those reports were given to a NU reporter from someone on the NU staff according to him. As a parent, that would piss me off (assuming they are false) and would lead me to tell them not to come back to my home. The same would be said for anyone else that pulled a stunt like that regardless of the school they were affiliated with.

Just so I understand the current "story":

Someone on Nebraska's staff "lied" to the WR family about something. And this pissed them off to such an extreme that they are still allowing Nebraska to recruit their kid and have scheduled SF for the last in home.

Ye

Yes and those reports were given to a NU reporter from someone on the NU staff according to him. As a parent, that would piss me off (assuming they are false) and would lead me to tell them not to come back to my home. The same would be said for anyone else that pulled a stunt like that regardless of the school they were affiliated with.
That is where I think you have it wrong. I do not see anywhere that this came from the NU staff. Also the getting paid talk came from fans. The original comments from Jim Rose (who probably isn't that credible) where talking about "handlers" and "assurances" and people just ran with it. Sean Callahan was also credited with similar, but he has denied it, I believe.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Just so I understand the current "story":

Someone on Nebraska's staff "lied" to the WR family about something. And this pissed them off to such an extreme that they are still allowing Nebraska to recruit their kid and have scheduled SF for the last in home.
I don’t think anyone posting on here knows what happened. Just a lot of guessing.

May I now ask the source of this reporting? Thanks again.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT