ADVERTISEMENT

Wan'dale a frosh All American...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_a76261c6-5e86-5438-ac50-c473997119d6.html
Nebraska freshman Wan'Dale Robinson picked up some postseason recognition on Thursday when he was named a second-team freshman All-American by The Athletic.

Robinson totaled only a handful of snaps over the Huskers' final three games — he didn't play against Wisconsin or Maryland and then was limited against Iowa — but still became just the fourth freshman in NU history to top 1,000 all-purpose yards.
The Frankfort, Kentucky, native was second among all freshmen in the country at 102.9 all-purpose yards per game.

He caught 40 passes for 442 yards, rushed 88 times for 340 yards and totaled five touchdowns.

Well deserved. He’d no doubt be 1st team had he not got hurt the final 2-3 games and played all year. This young man is going to be something special for us. And the way Frost has shown how he’s going to use him, he’s going to put up some monster numbers ever season till he goes to the NFL. GBR

Mills
Rahmir

Add sevion, scott, and thompkins. Wouldnt think wandale would need to play much RB going forward.

No doubt, Mills has emerged like we initially thought he would, R Johnson redshirt year done with and adding Morrison and Scott will only build the depth and talent up. And if R Thompkins comes back 100%, look out. Dudes got elite level talent. Great problem to have...GBR

No doubt, Mills has emerged like we initially thought he would, R Johnson redshirt year done with and adding Morrison and Scott will only build the depth and talent up. And if R Thompkins comes back 100%, look out. Dudes got elite level talent. Great problem to have...GBR

Exactly. I've thought all along that Thompkins film seemed much more impressive than Johnson's. Too bad he got dealt the injuries that he did. Hope he's rebounded and good to go next season! Head the only back that I can see filling in for Mills in that between the tackles style of running.

Exactly. I've thought all along that Thompkins film seemed much more impressive than Johnson's. Too bad he got dealt the injuries that he did. Hope he's rebounded and good to go next season! Head the only back that I can see filling in for Mills in that between the tackles style of running.
Thompkins is a lotto ticket. If he never got hurt, he would have been a 5-star RB, playing for Georgia or Alabama. Maybe he gets healthy and turns into that guy, maybe he goes on medical and never plays a game.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT