ADVERTISEMENT

Walker is our 17th recruit!

proxy.jpg

https://t.co/Z4sR5tb5Lw

Reactions: Doniphan89
Not hung up on the ranking thing, just trying to anticipate some troll-schtick.

Dig up Alex Lewis' high school film and watch it. Then, watch Walker's. IMO, you're gonna see 2 very, very similar type OL at the same point in their careers.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Dig up Alex Lewis' high school film and watch it. Then, watch Walker's. IMO, you're gonna see 2 very, very similar type OL at the same point in their careers.
They were discussing him on Sharpe & Benning a while back. Sounds like people think he's got a lot of potential, he's just still young and raw. This staff seems to want their OL to have some nasty to 'em.

Maybe he can be one who gets a couple years on the nutrition and weights programs and suddenly you have a 305 pounder who wants to push guys through the bottom of the field turf.

Last edited:
This kid will be a stud!! Look at Iowa and Wisconsin...continually putting OL kids in NFL that were 2+ 3 stars. Line is mental toughness and attitude!
I'm just happy that we now have QB's that will be able to make more than 1st read, can stand in pocket and deliver to world class receivers! Top offense takes pressure off defense and wins come! GBR!!

Welcome Mr. Walker..looking forward to seeing you serve up pancakes!!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Spot on! Walker does look a bit more mobile. He can get up to 2nd level quickly after disposing of his first assignment! Definitely diamond in rough!
The way he pulls and picks up blocks (pancakes), could he play left guard? I had to watch film of ex Viking Steve Hutchinson..left guard..Walker=Hutchinson

Last edited:
He definitely looks the part. Kid is built like a brick-sh#thouse. Love his film. Although not as heralded as last year's OL class, Walker, Jaimes, Sichterman, and Bando have A TON of potential, and A LOT of nastiness to them! GBR.

Reactions: HuskerO
This kid will be a stud!! Look at Iowa and Wisconsin...continually putting OL kids in NFL that were 2+ 3 stars. Line is mental toughness and attitude!
I'm just happy that we now have QB's that will be able to make more than 1st read, can stand in pocket and deliver to world class receivers! Top offense takes pressure off defense and wins come! GBR!!

Welcome Mr. Walker..looking forward to seeing you serve up pancakes!!

I agree. This is the type of kid we had back in the 90's. It comes down to talent AND development. He has the talent. Reminds me of Sirles back when he came in.

On a side note, if people wonder why few outside schools recruit Nebraska, think about how discouraged Craig Bohl has to be right now. It's tough to put so much time in on someone only to lose them when the big home state school comes along.

Bohl had to know Walker to NU was a strong probability, as he looks like he was our Plan B after we struck out with a couple of highly rated guys.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I agree. This is the type of kid we had back in the 90's. It comes down to talent AND development. He has the talent. Reminds me of Sirles back when he came in.

On a side note, if people wonder why few outside schools recruit Nebraska, think about how discouraged Craig Bohl has to be right now. It's tough to put so much time in on someone only to lose them when the big home state school comes along.

I feel bad for him to and we've had it happen enough to us to know how it feels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT