ADVERTISEMENT

Walk-on legacy commit

We can’t ever have enough athletes on the team. The talent we are starting to load up these past couple years definitely surpasses what we had the last 4 years easily. If Frost is the Head Coach I think he is, it’s literally a matter of time before he turns that corner.
I would tend to agree. Stay the course

We can’t ever have enough athletes on the team. The talent we are starting to load up these past couple years definitely surpasses what we had the last 4 years easily. If Frost is the Head Coach I think he is, it’s literally a matter of time before he turns that corner.

Do we honestly have more talent on the team? We've lost a ton of 4* and the ones we've kept have not broke out yet, with the exception of Wandale.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Do we honestly have more talent on the team? We've lost a ton of 4* and the ones we've kept have not broke out yet, with the exception of Wandale.

that’s why I said the talent he’s brought in the last couple years (meaning 2). We lost a bunch in the 2015-2018 range, you are correct and that’s why are talent was so bad when Frost got here.

As of right now, we have a total of 29 4 star players on roster (mostly true freshmen, RS freshmen and a couple sophomores) and that’s not counting the 2021 class. So yes, he’s definitely upped the talent the last 2 years. I can’t remember the last time we had almost 30 4 star players, probably back when Callahan go fired and Bo took over.

Last edited:

“We've lost a ton of 4* and the ones we've kept have not broke out yet, with the exception of Wandale.”

Being fair with this part, most of those guys were true freshmen last year and redshirted (minus 2-3) and the others are true freshmen this year. I wouldn’t exactly act like they are busts. Let’s see what happens their RS freshmen and/or sophomore years.

Matthew Schuster, son of Frost’s FB Brian Schuster, committed. 5’10” 190 RB who ran a 4.49 electronic 40 at Duval’s brother’s training facility. Skepticism was in the air, so he ran again the same day and came in at 4.51.

May try safety, but wants to stay at RB.
wow. That's awfully damned fast for a kid that size. Wonder how his lateral quickness is.

Reactions: huskerssalts
that’s why I said the talent he’s brought in the last couple years (meaning 2). We lost a bunch in the 2015-2018 range, you are correct and that’s why are talent was so bad when Frost got here.

As of right now, we have a total of 29 4 star players on roster (mostly true freshmen, RS freshmen and sophomores) and that’s not counting the 2021 class. So yes, he’s definitely upped the talent the last 2 years. I can’t remember the last time we had almost 30 4 star players, probably back when Callahan go fired and Bo took over.
The roster is flipped. I thought this year could be pretty good but next year there are absolutely no more excuses. When the sophomores this year turn in to Juniors and AM is a senior, it's all going to be on Frost.

The roster is flipped. I thought this year could be pretty good but next year there are absolutely no more excuses. When the sophomores this year turn in to Juniors and AM is a senior, it's all going to be on Frost.

100% agreed. We could see some of that talent this year. But next year, That talent I was just talking about will be exactly that, true freshmen (the 2021 recruits), RS freshmen, sophomores and juniors. They should be up to speed, have plenty of power 5 S&C and the play books down. It’s literally go time.

I hate this throwaway year. It's going to help Frost and hurt Frost. How do you recruit during the pandemic? But he's shown that he's willing to fight for them. I sure hope he fights for wins. You want to do it the right way, but wins are the most important metric.

I've always expected him to do better with what he has. He's going to have the talent in the coming years. Learning from his mistakes and evaluating the staff will be next level stuff. I expect high level results to start coming for Frost. That's what we hired him for. We knew it was a complete rebuild.

Never underestimate the value of quality walkons for scout team and special teams work... it’s not just about making the two deep.

Reactions: huntered
I hate this throwaway year. It's going to help Frost and hurt Frost. How do you recruit during the pandemic? But he's shown that he's willing to fight for them. I sure hope he fights for wins. You want to do it the right way, but wins are the most important metric.

I've always expected him to do better with what he has. He's going to have the talent in the coming years. Learning from his mistakes and evaluating the staff will be next level stuff. I expect high level results to start coming for Frost. That's what we hired him for. We knew it was a complete rebuild.
This freebee year is a blessing in disguise as it will build the quality depth that we have absolutely been lacking for soooo may years!

This covid year is a HUUUGE bonus for DONU!

Reactions: HominidHusker

The fact we don’t have very much “obvious NFL” talent makes me think the extra year significantly works in our favor. We’ve had so much roster instability and chaos, and have always been left with certain gaps even when there’s gains in spots. It’s been hard to put all the pieces together. This may be an opportunity for us to really solidify a more sustainable foundation moving forward.

That’s my take and my hope because we simply can’t handle anything else.

Never underestimate the value of quality walkons for scout team and special teams work... it’s not just about making the two deep.
If that speed is legit, it's going to be very very tough to keep him committed as a walk on.

Roster, at least for this year may need to be trimmed, given daily testing limits

Will walk-on numbers need to be altered in the future

the B1G leadership continue to one up themselves in being the absolute dumbest 'smart' people going.

what's the point in capping daily tests?

if they want everything to be fair, send some of ohio st's players to rutgers.

if its a roster size thing, cap the active roster limit, but allow others to be tested. think if it as a practice/scout team. they arent able to play in a game, but can still help the team prepare

if its a roster size thing, cap the active roster limit, but allow others to be tested. think if it as a practice/scout team. they arent able to play in a game, but can still help the team prepare

my understanding is the 170 tests per day includes active players AND anyone who has contact with the team - the practice/scout team - people who tape the ankles, pass out the water bottles, etc are all included in the 170

my understanding is the 170 tests per day includes active players AND anyone who has contact with the team - the practice/scout team - people who tape the ankles, pass out the water bottles, etc are all included in the 170
yeah. was just saying that the conference is dumb for preventing the individual schools from acquiring more tests. if its a level playing field they want, restrict it in other ways, not how many tests you can give.

ADVERTISEMENT