ADVERTISEMENT

Walk-on additon in Isaiah Stalbird of Kearney

Another great "Athlete" prospect that can play both sides of the ball. Huskers just got better.

Reactions: WHCSC
Honestly, if you've spent most of your teenage years in Kearney, I can understand why you would want to leave town.

And, I can't understand why anyone would want to go to college in Wayne.

I can't believe that school is still in business. Going to be hard on that town if or when it closes to.

It's cheap, and they have a good Teacher Education Program. So it's a good place to go if you want to be a teacher and don't want to spend much. Otherwise yeah, I don't know why you'd go there. If you don't want to teach, then you'd be better off going to community college for 2 years and then transferring to the University.

Unk is in no danger of closing and you realize kearney per capita is probably wealthier than lincoln? I know kearney had more millionaires than lincoln as of a few years ago.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Honestly, if you've spent most of your teenage years in Kearney, I can understand why you would want to leave town.

For some small town kids Wayne State is a nice option especially for someone pursuing education. They have smaller class sizes in general and their grads have had pretty good success at getting in to medical school.

Reactions: WHCSC
Is this deja vu? Didnt know if i missed a few days or not and didnt realize it . GBR

Unk is in no danger of closing and you realize kearney per capita is probably wealthier than lincoln? I know kearney had more millionaires than lincoln as of a few years ago.
I grew up in Kearney and went to Kearney State (yes I am old) for my freshman year. I can tell you at that time the math and science programs were a hell of a lot better than UNL where I transferred to my sophomore year. Wish I would have stayed at Kearney one more year before making the move.

What's wrong with Wayne State? Good education with small class sizes, inexpensive state school, close to bigger towns (i.e. Sioux City and Norfolk)...I can go on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT