ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest - OC - Warren Ruggiero

We are talking about their OC, not their HC.
I know. Trying to find the salary of the OC is like some kind of state secret.
Found one site that said 500k, but that doesn't sound right.
I wouldn't be surprised if its in the 750-800K range, but just a guess.

NU's offer would be substantially higer, if that is a name they are after.

I know. Trying to find the salary of the OC is like some kind of state secret.
Found one site that said 500k, but that doesn't sound right.
I wouldn't be surprised if its in the 750-800K range, but just a guess.

NU's offer would be substantially higer, if that is a name they are after.

I looked too, couldn’t find it. Wake is also a private school, which makes it harder.

That would be the smart hire. Uses the TE. Long mesh as their RPO (a version of the option game). Spread formations are used. Will hit you deep in the passing game.
So "exactly' what is different than the current spread Frost runs. He uses TE's, RPO and the "long mesh".

The next OC is going to be legit running the offensive side of the ball, offensive recruiting and I think there is a more than slight implication that there could be more down the road, depending on how things go.

The money will probably be good too, but I think it is the chance to step out in front and legitimately be in charge of that side of things.

Scott Frost is HCINO now. For whatever it’s worth.

Right, but I think NU will go about 1 Million for the right OC.
Trev said the assistant pool remains at 5 million, you have the defensive staff all entering their final year so they likely will get bumps which will make probably 700-800K for OC/position, 400K for OL, RB, WR, and QB (3 of those)

Reactions: cheddarwurst
Trev said the assistant pool remains at 5 million, you have the defensive staff all entering their final year so they likely will get bumps which will make probably 700-800K for OC/position, 400K for OL, RB, WR, and QB (3 of those)
I don't know what the new pay structure will look like, but I do know Trev said there is some "flex" in there. I think at any rate, the money that must be spent will be spent.

Since Trev has said publicly that he wants this to work, at a minimum, he will at least make it appear that enough is being done to insure some future success.

I think he said the entire coaches pool will remain roughly the same, so Scott taking a $1M pay cut should add to the money available for assistants.

Money shouldn't be an object if we can get the right people. Look at what Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU etc are paying assistants. We are well bellow that in some areas. Obviously the performance on the field can justify that, but maybe you can argue we need to spend the money to get results.

If anything, I'd say Ruud and Chinander are under-paid.

GBR

I think he said the entire coaches pool will remain roughly the same, so Scott taking a $1M pay cut should add to the money available for assistants.

This says both sides? But the 1.775 million was guaranteed, so not sure how that plays out. Just doubt Trev is going to green light spending 6 million over two years for assistants.

The four assistants were set to earn a combined $1.775 million in 2022. Their firings, combined with the $1 million pay cut Frost is taking, free up $2.775 million for new hires in the weeks ahead. One of those will be a stand-alone offensive coordinator — at least more of one than Lubick, who shared philosophies and play-calling duties with Frost — who Alberts hinted Monday would allow Frost to take a more global approach to the football program.

Alberts said that the $5 million salary pool for 10 assistants plus strength coach Zach Duval hasn’t been changed but that the school will “work through some of those deals” in light of Frost absorbing a salary reduction.

Reactions: headcard
That would be the smart hire. Uses the TE. Long mesh as their RPO (a version of the option game). Spread formations are used. Will hit you deep in the passing game.
And a seasoned coach who has earned his way up the ladder. He's the guy I want.

so if mickey is the passing coordinator, that must mean we will have a running coordinator too
so co-coordinators....?

Wake, their horrible QB and this joker of an OC can be found out behind the woodshed this morning in case anyone’s looking

Wake, their horrible QB and this joker of an OC can be found out behind the woodshed this morning in case anyone’s looking

Their terrible QB, that is projected to go #6 overall in the draft? A kid whose only offer out of HS was WF? Yes, terrible evaluation and coaching there.

Last edited:
Their terrible QB, that is projected to go #6 overall in the draft. A kid whose only offer out of HS was WF. Yes, terrible evaluation and coaching there.

there is a zero percent chance that kid is the first QB off the board.

literally zero.

That would be the smart hire. Uses the TE. Long mesh as their RPO (a version of the option game). Spread formations are used. Will hit you deep

Just looking at top line stats and not sure I see anything super impressive... 10% better on 3rd is the only thing that really sticks out to me. PPG is better, but I handicap that because of the difference in conferences/emphasis on defense.

Reactions: headcard
You're not impressed if he's one of the first three quarterbacks taken in the draft? Tough audience
weakest QB class in years, so, no, I'm not impressed.

his multiple 2nd half pick-sixes last night on the biggest stage of his life showed me all I needed to see. not a lot of boston college/duke type teams in the NFL.

I hope their OC is nowhere near the top of Trev's wish list.

weakest QB class in years, so, no, I'm not impressed.

his multiple 2nd half pick-sixes last night on the biggest stage of his life showed me all I needed to see. not a lot of boston college/duke type teams in the NFL.

I hope their OC is nowhere near the top of Trev's wish list.

#12 in total offense and #5 in scoring offense at freaking Wake Forest doesn’t meet your expectations? Who exactly do you want to see hired?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT