ADVERTISEMENT

Von Miller MVP ....

jlb321

Defensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014
curious what the narrative would have be if Ryan Braun would have won the World Series MVP following his PED suspension ??

really no discussion regarding Von Miller

curious what the narrative would have be if Ryan Braun would have won the World Series MVP following his PED suspension ??

really no discussion regarding Von Miller
We were just talking about that this morning. Wonder if it will prevent him from being nominated to the Hall of Fame, should he merit consideration when all is said and done.

I don't think anybody cares, because its pretty widely accepted that PED's are a part of the game.

I don't think anybody cares, because its pretty widely accepted that PED's are a part of the game.

It happens. You get caught, you take the penalties, and life goes on. Get caught too many times, and eventually you're out.
Are stiffer penalties needed? Probably, but it is what it is at this point.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
It happens. You get caught, you take the penalties, and life goes on. Get caught too many times, and eventually you're out.
Are stiffer penalties needed? Probably, but it is what it is at this point.

My impression is that football gets a free pass ... Publically as well as the league making it extremely difficult to get caught

Baseball or an Olympic sport ... You are marked for life

I think many would be shocked at the prevalence in the NFL and NBA if the leagues actually tried to catch the cheats

My impression is that football gets a free pass ... Publically as well as the league making it extremely difficult to get caught

I think many would be shocked at the prevalence in the NFL and NBA if the leagues actually tried to catch the cheats

True points, but baseball should lighten its stance. At the end of the day who cares? The steroid era folks who got busted are getting the short end of the stick because during that time pretty much everyone was on something. Maybe I have a different outlook, but let them use HGH. Keeps the stars healthier, and in baseball I get some added offense. I'm all for it.

You'd be shocked at the prevalence still within baseball, Olympic, cycling, and all professional and amateur sports. Drugs are at least 5-10 years ahead of testing and well kept secrets. I chatted with Patrick Arnold once and he said if it wasn't for Trevor Graham tipping off the feds, Balco and his drugs would still be undetected and used in sports.

Example - take the 2008 and 2012 Olympics were a newer version of a short-lifed steroid called Oral-Turinabol was used. The old tested methods failed to pick up this drug, but a new test developed in 2013 starting finding it. The IOC went back and started retesting urine samples from 2008 and 2012 and found it in hundreds (possibly now up to thousands) of urine samples. The IOC can retest up to 8 years after the fact, but there are stories it would wipe out an entire 100 meter final field. So to save face they're not going to do anything about it.

You won't hear any football players complain about Miller because their all doing something very similar, take say....and I'm just spit ballin here...Peyton Manning. What if a guy who's considered to be such a class act were to have been caught taking HGH after something like say...oh I don't know, 4 neck surgeries? There is a reason that story and the Von Miller story sank to the abyss. People accept that football players do this stuff, and that they have to do it to survive in the league and make any money and move past surgeries that would otherwise end a career. Good gawd, you see all those MVP's walk out prior to the game? Except for the guys who are still playing, every one walked like their body was shot to hell. So I say, do whatever you gotta do my man, you're earned it. If that's what they want to do, go get 'em. Baseball players lack the physical part of the NFL for them to get that kind of sympathy and Von didn't ruin guys lives who told on him either. If you're going to take PED's, just promise yourself to fall on your sword as gracefully as you can if it ever becomes public knowledge. We don't forget the Armstrongs and Braun's who went all suicide bomber on the innocents.

ADVERTISEMENT