ADVERTISEMENT

Volunteer staffers

Peter and Foreman. It's about time!
Any time you can get a guy like Foreman to volunteer with your football team it's a good deal. Peter I'm not so sure about. Foreman is an extremely smart guy with tremendous football knowledge. His NFL experience will get kids to listen. Great guy to have around the program. He's smart enough to be helpful without getting in the way of the guys getting paid to coach. Jason I'm not so sure about.

Last edited:
I love this move!!! Frost finally bringing in the real tough huskers. Jason Peter will rub off on these guys and toughen them up. No dancing around him unless you want punched. This may save Frost’s job.

It is pretty cool. Think back to playing sports in HS, it was always kind of neat when older guys came back to talk or lift.

I think in the end this is more about getting the players to make as many connections as possible, it makes it much harder to want to transfer when you feel like there are more people there for you.

Agreed. Love the Foreman move... But not sure letting the old junkyard dog loose on the team to “toughen them up” is the smartest choice.

Especially someone with sexual assaults to their name. Just thinking back to that girl who accused Mike Riley of having a “culture of enabling sexual misconduct”... Like it or not, having him around is not without risk.

And 95% of Gen Z kids just aren’t going to connect with Jason Peter. The days of roid raging football players are over. Don’t see this one going well, but who knows. Hope it works out.
This is a great move. You don’t know anything. You just like to complain to complain. How can you argue with Jason peter being around these guys. If we had 105 Jason peters type players we would be awesome. Jason is tough. These players are soft. He needs to be on staff for real

This is a great way to foster team unity between the walkons and scholarship players

the walk-ons will be leaned on heavily to inform the scholarship players who those 2 guys are as most of the scholarship players will have no idea ...

few, if any of the current players were even alive when those 2 played, neither are really notable for their football play outside of Nebraska — perhaps some of the walkons will have heard of them via tales of the distant past told by their grandparents

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Keep Jason on a short leash. In the past he's come off as very toxic. His input could be counterproductive.

Reactions: Red I 73
Keep Jason on a short leash. In the past he's come off as very toxic. His input could be counterproductive.
Toxic? He won 3 titles in 4 Years. Yeah let’s keep that on a short leash. You people would rather take 6-6 and the players sing kumbaya together.

This is a great way to foster team unity between the walkons and scholarship players

the walk-ons will be leaned on heavily to inform the scholarship players who those 2 guys are as most of the scholarship players will have no idea ...

few, if any of the current players were even alive when those 2 played, neither are really notable for their football play outside of Nebraska — perhaps some of the walkons will have heard of them via tales of the distant past told by their grandparents
If im frost I would have the players read Jason’s book. Then they would know about him. No more dancing!!!!!

If im frost I would have the players read Jason’s book. Then they would know about him. No more dancing!!!!!

If someone can manage to find a vcr player they can breakout the vhs tapes and show them film of their playing days

For those complaining about Peter, the weight room is his perfect place. Doesn’t have to say much productive, just lift that f*ckin weight and quit being a bitch. Good enough for me!

I can see Peter coming in the weight room and saying. "Time to seperate the wheat from the chaff boys!"

Its never a bad thing to increase the resolve of a football team. Peter & Foreman bring that in the way they conduct themselves. Lets hope it rubs off.

Reactions: otismotis08
I can see Peter coming in the weight room and saying. "Time to seperate the wheat from the chaff boys!"

Its never a bad thing to increase the resolve of a football team. Peter & Foreman bring that in the way they conduct themselves. Lets hope it rubs off.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly. He would have gotten some guys to transfer way before they did anyway. At least we know the tough guys will stick around.

Reactions: otismotis08
i dont see any downside. but are both those guys unemployed or just dont need a real job?

i dont see any downside. but are both those guys unemployed or just dont need a real job?

Neither need a real job.

This is just for free gear and something to do.

Now, this is not on the same level at all but I have had a dozen or so "volunteers" come help coach. Had one that was a law student and needed community time, he sucked. Had the classic ones that could "only make it on game day", it goes on and on.

Any time you can get a guy like Foreman to volunteer with your football team it's a good deal. Peter I'm not so sure about. Foreman is an extremely smart guy with tremendous football knowledge. His NFL experience will get kids to listen. Great guy to have around the program. He's smart enough to be helpful without getting in the way of the guys getting paid to coach. Jason I'm not so sure about.
JP is a weight room hype man. Jay has a wealth of football knowledge. I’d take some free help from these guys.

I imagine there’ll be a lot of “OK boomers” coming from Lincoln shortly

I knew something like this would happen! I listened to the post game shows with Derek Pearson 93.7 all year and Jay Foreman co-hosted the show. I couldn't wait to listen because Jay would come on and NOT sugarcoat anything and told it like it was bout how the coaching needed to get better.

DP also has his show on the radio and would have Jay on once a week and he would lay into the staff and question schematics, coaching, development and basically say they need to get it together.

Towards the last few games of the year however he started being less critical of the coaching and more critical of the PLAYERS! He started talking bout dudes needing to shave their heads and cut off their beards and mustaches, bs every WEEK! Right then I knew he was angeling for a gig....smh.

Reactions: NikkiSixx and WHCSC
I like this. I get this feeling that the dark days are nearing an end. Frost will be pushed to the brink of being fired right before a sliver of light appears at the end of the tunnel. It’s always darkest before the dawn.

I like this. I get this feeling that the dark days are nearing an end. Frost will be pushed to the brink of being fired right before a sliver of light appears at the end of the tunnel. It’s always darkest before the dawn.

Angling to get hired Cliche Coach with posts like this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT