ADVERTISEMENT

volleyball scouting report--late night W VBALL #1 BYU

Redondo

Sophomore
Oct 7, 2012
beat their 4th top 25 team in #24 Utah in 3 sets. I just wanted to report what is out there for NU to possibly look forward to the post season competition. They look really good and hit about 430, whatever that means. But, they look tall, have some strong hitters and stayed cool. They look young, although, everyone looks young at my age.

The thing is, though, they enter conference play in the wcc (I think) conference soon and a point was made that they won't be meeting many top 25 teams in their conference and, therefore, they won't be facing the kind of competition NU will be in the B1G. That should make NU more ready than BYU is for the post season, assuming they both will get there. Utah had a bunch of service and unforced errors, though.

I really enjoyed watching the match.
BYU had a record home crowd of about 5400 fans, but it didn't look capacity from what I could see, but the crowd was enthusiastic. They haven't been rated #1 for 30 something years, which may make them tighter in post season, but who knows. But, they seemed like good kids, team players, sportsmanlike against their rivals, worked hard, and well coached.

beat their 4th top 25 team in #24 Utah in 3 sets. I just wanted to report what is out there for NU to possibly look forward to the post season competition. They look really good and hit about 430, whatever that means. But, they look tall, have some strong hitters and stayed cool. They look young, although, everyone looks young at my age.

The thing is, though, they enter conference play in the wcc (I think) conference soon and a point was made that they won't be meeting many top 25 teams in their conference and, therefore, they won't be facing the kind of competition NU will be in the B1G. That should make NU more ready than BYU is for the post season, assuming they both will get there. Utah had a bunch of service and unforced errors, though.

BYU had a record home crowd of about 5400 fans, but it didn't look capacity from what I could see, but the crowd was enthusiastic. They haven't been rated #1 for 30 something years, which may make them tighter in post season, but who knows. But, they seemed like good kids, team players, sportsmanlike against their rivals, worked hard, and well coached.
Thanks for posting.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Nebraska's passing and setting needs to improve, and we need to start incorporating Lexi Sun into the rotation. Where we land in the NCAA seeding is pretty wide open at this point, but it's always good to keep an eye on what's happening outside the Big Ten, that's for sure.

Nebraska's passing and setting needs to improve, and we need to start incorporating Lexi Sun into the rotation. Where we land in the NCAA seeding is pretty wide open at this point, but it's always good to keep an eye on what's happening outside the Big Ten, that's for sure.
It would be nice if she could play this weekend so she has some court time before we get into conference play. I have no clue how good she really is.

Reactions: WillowJoe
This thread is missing something....

images

We played BYU a few years ago in the tournament. I think they beat us in 2014 to make the final 4. We then beat them in 2015. We also played and beat Washington both of those years in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT