ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Red-White

RedFanatic

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2001
Andi Jackson was lifter of the year, and has played international VB since the spring match, so her game has gone next level. she is explosive and plays with confidence. she can dominate when she's fired up. Allick won't give up her role as primary middle blocker without a fight, and Blackwell showed great strength in her blocks and power in her swings. but neither is the athlete that Jackson is. she has also become a great blocker.

Reilly is a great setter, and so is Orr. They each elevated their game this year.

The backrow defensive talent is ridiculous. Rodriguez may become NU's alltime digs leader this year, and if so she'll pass gold medalist Orantes. Throw in Choboy and now freshman Mauch (who had 21 digs to Rodrigez's 15) and teams are going to wonder how they can ever get a ball down.

I'm not sure who Cook will start and rotate at OH. Murray is super smooth, and now has become super crafty; but Krause is back with a bigger cannon than last year,--yet not as powerful as Landfair when she was firing (she was inconsistent). but i would say i felt most comfortable with Pierce's swing, once she got going. so what's a head coach to do? i'm sure Cook will end up playing the most consistent OH, and that includes them playing all rotations--and getting their serves in.

Oh yeh, almost in the shadows tonight was Beason, who looked dynamic, and is still the leader of this team.

It's a rough schedule, but there's a lot of talent to deal with it. And some tough decisions for coach Cook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.