ADVERTISEMENT

Vince Genatone

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
Originally from Wyoming but now in North Platte, and is a state wresting champ who ran sub 11 in the 100 at 195 pounds. Has played a variety of positions on both O and D. Athletic football player or athlete who also plays football?

Originally from Wyoming but now in North Platte, and is a state wresting champ who ran sub 11 in the 100 at 195 pounds. Has played a variety of positions on both O and D. Athletic football player or athlete who also plays football?
Looks like a Kanak right in our own backyard. Albeit 1 inch shorter but probably tougher.

I watched this kid wrestle this year and he looks the part of an athletic specimen for sure. Would hate for another North Platte kid slip away and do great somewhere else (Danny Woodhead anyone?)
I'm in favor of offering him , especially if we get Hickman to transfer.

I'm in favor of offering him , especially if we get Hickman to transfer.
Who is trying to get Hickman to transfer? And how?

I heard the staff had him lose weight to play receiver and then moved him back to TE after Fidone got hurt and asked him to gain weight. Not a good look for a staff with a reputation for not developing its talent.

Who is trying to get Hickman to transfer? And how?

I heard the staff had him lose weight to play receiver and then moved him back to TE after Fidone got hurt and asked him to gain weight. Not a good look for a staff with a reputation for not developing its talent.
Not suggesting Hickman is an NFL talent but that kid needed to be 225 plus regardless of position WR/TE to be beneficial to us or his future career. Last time I seen him looked about 200 max

Updated article on Vince:
Listed as 6’1” 205 lbs on Rivals. Father played LB at Wash St.

He worked out at Cal and broad jumped 127 inches, which would have been 2nd place for LBs at 2019 NFL combine.

He works out for Nebraska this Friday and said he’ll run the 40 despite not having done it since he was a freshman.
No scholly offer yet from Nebraska, but you’d think they’re going to be serious about him.

Will also go workout for Wash St., Northern Illinois and Boise St.

He worked out at Cal and broad jumped 127 inches, which would have been 2nd place for LBs at 2019 NFL combine.

He works out for Nebraska this Friday and said he’ll run the 40 despite not having done it since he was a freshman.
No scholly offer yet from Nebraska, but you’d think they’re going to be serious about him.

Will also go workout for Wash St., Northern Illinois and Boise St.
I have a feeling Genatone is the Jack Dempsey of Nebraska Football.

Reactions: HominidHusker

Only 6 foot tall and that will be a negative with this staff, but his arm length is 6'3". He's got rare explosiveness. He'll work out well on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an offer, possibly even this weekend.

Genatone ran a legit 4.45 40 yard dash today apparently. Still no offer, I don't know why he wasn't offered. Maybe they think he's a tweener between a safety and a LB?

Last edited:
Guy looks bad ass. Would be a great addition to the 137 walk-ons that are already on the team.

These are the players other schools develop into studs, or at least contributors. If we can’t develop someone like him, something seems wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT