ADVERTISEMENT

Vikings vs 49ers Game

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
Does anybody know if there is any watch party for the San Francisco 49ers game today here in Omaha? Who do you guys have winning the game?

Here's where the 49ers party is at, OP, enjoy.
hqdefault.jpg

Just want to see a good game. I didn't like Cousins at first, but he actually seems like a good dude.
Can you imagine how good the vikings would be if Cousins didn't make nearly 3x the next guy on the roster? He took a major pay day and the vikings have had to hemorrhage talent to pay him...he makes SIX million more than Tom Brady... and Brady had an 8 million dollar pay raise this year. So in that way Cousins is a cancer...and trust me, he negotiated for that contract on purpose regardless of how it effected the team.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Can you imagine how good the vikings would be if Cousins didn't make nearly 3x the next guy on the roster? He took a major pay day and the vikings have had to hemorrhage talent to pay him...he makes SIX million more than Tom Brady... and Brady had an 8 million dollar pay raise this year. So in that way Cousins is a cancer...and trust me, he negotiated for that contract on purpose regardless of how it effected the team.
Good for him

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

Nobody held a fun to the Vikes head.

Nobody held a fun to the Vikes head.

Cousins did...you want me? You need to pay me 10 million more than the best qb in NFL history. And don't pull the "its capitalism" crap. Capitalism and free market doesn't have a salary cap, and revenue sharing...that is something else. The vikes had a short window where they had a dominant defense and made the NFC championship with Case Keenum. Cousins could have taken a smaller salary to allow them hold onto their dominant defense, or back loaded it. Even then he sucks bad enough that it probably wouldn't matter. He doesn't deserve 15 million, but is getting 29 a year. I can't stand smoke and mirrors types of players that screw their team and franchise in the name of "market". What is the point of playing in the NFL? To make 30 million a year or win a championship. He had a chance to do something special but will forever be the guy who ruined a franchise that had built something special.

Cousins did...you want me? You need to pay me 10 million more than the best qb in NFL history. And don't pull the "its capitalism" crap. Capitalism and free market doesn't have a salary cap, and revenue sharing...that is something else. The vikes had a short window where they had a dominant defense and made the NFC championship with Case Keenum. Cousins could have taken a smaller salary to allow them hold onto their dominant defense, or back loaded it. Even then he sucks bad enough that it probably wouldn't matter. He doesn't deserve 15 million, but is getting 29 a year. I can't stand smoke and mirrors types of players that screw their team and franchise in the name of "market". What is the point of playing in the NFL? To make 30 million a year or win a championship. He had a chance to do something special but will forever be the guy who ruined a franchise that had built something special.
Huh? If they didn't think he was worth that, they didn't have to pay him. Cousins didn't lose this game anyway; 49ers were simply the better team. With Dee Ford back, and no running game, the Vikings were screwed with the Niners pass rush.

Reactions: otismotis08
Huh? If they didn't think he was worth that, they didn't have to pay him. Cousins didn't lose this game anyway; 49ers were simply the better team. With Dee Ford back, and no running game, the Vikings were screwed with the Niners pass rush.
BS...Cousins had 83 yards passing through 3 quarters while the game was still competitive. Finished with a qbr of 34....29 million for that! He is a businessman, not football player...those that like people who suck money instead of providing a service will love him, the rest of us who like to see excellence will puke.

BS...Cousins had 83 yards passing through 3 quarters while the game was still competitive. Finished with a qbr of 34....29 million for that! He is a businessman, not football player...those that like people who suck money instead of providing a service will love him, the rest of us who like to see excellence will puke.
I dont think people are arguing with you about whether he sucks or whether he is worth 29 mill. He isnt.

They are saying they would take that pay day if they were in the same situation.

OGC.5951334ab0917aa9b4437879e5a542a0

How dare that kirk cousins get paid a lot
Some of my buddies who are very knowledgeable pro football guys had the same take when the Vikes signed Cousins. They said for the money they should have kept Keenum. They think they're basically the same guy and they could have signed Keenum for a fraction of the money and spent the difference on O linemen.

Some of my buddies who are very knowledgeable pro football guys had the same take when the Vikes signed Cousins. They said for the money they should have kept Keenum. They think they're basically the same guy and they could have signed Keenum for a fraction of the money and spent the difference on O linemen.

May be true, but says nothing about what kind of person KC is.

I think he's an okay guy but he seems to be a little too emotional to play consistently. My Vikings O line is not the best this year so that doesn't help and Thielen is absolutely a key for that offense. They've struggled when he's not 100%.. They could have used some of KC's money to sign some better FA O linemen IMO.

What a difference a QB makes. With Garoppolo the Niners are a great team. Without him they were hot garbage. And that includes when Beathard was starting, as much as I've always liked the kid.

Jimmy G didn't play that well yesterday. Will need to be better to win it all.

NFL films did a documentary and followed him around. He is a businessman...not a football player. He is cold and calculating. Smart about money but once again...as a fan...is that what we want every football player to ONLY care about...getting max salary...even if it ruins the product on the field. Of course there are a ton of guys that hold out...blah, blah....but the champions often sacrifice millions to build a better team and allow others to make millions. Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl champion, it is obvious that you can win without a super star at qb...and the worst option is to pay a mediocre qb, 29 million.

ADVERTISEMENT