ADVERTISEMENT

Vikings / Seahawks.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Any other Vikings fans ready to fire Zimmer. He could have kicked a chip shot field goal to go up by 8 and instead they fail on a 4th and 1 allowing Wilson to win the game. Idiot. I understand that there was a good chance Wilson would be able to drive for a score anyway BUT that would mean they would have only had ONE shot at tying the game with a 2 pt conversion. Stupid stupid stupid move by Zimmer.

Reactions: WHCSC
The only bright spot is that we're still in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Zimmer is not a great coach, but the call was ok. They were running the ball great all game. All Mattison has to do is get 6 inches. He would have walked into the endzone if he had taken it to the right, but instead he runs right into the back of his blocker. No one doubted that Wilson would take it the length of the field and score, so if the Vikings get that first down the game is over. I'm so ready to be done with cousins. His lack of pocket awareness costs them games

After last night Zimmer needs to have his head examined. 8 point lead makes them have to score twice which more likely at worst send the game in OT or it’s a win...

Cousins will never win anything with the Vikings and his offensive line can’t pass protect worth a damn..

Reactions: dinglefritz
After last night Zimmer needs to have his head examined. 8 point lead makes them have to score twice which more likely at worst send the game in OT or it’s a win...

Cousins will never win anything with the Vikings and his offensive line can’t pass protect worth a damn..
Their pass protect is adequate. It's the inability of Kirk to roll out, step up and run for yards that is costly. Mahomes and Wilson make plays when the protection breaks down. They buy a second. Kirk folds up. No one should expect perfect scenarios in order to succeed.

Their pass protect is adequate. It's the inability of Kirk to roll out, step up and run for yards that is costly. Mahomes and Wilson make plays when the protection breaks down. They buy a second. Kirk folds up. No one should expect perfect scenarios in order to succeed.

You have to admit the pocket brakes down more frequently with the Vikings offensive line than the Chiefs or Seahawks...

Yes Cousins lacks mobility..

You have to admit the pocket brakes down more frequently with the Vikings offensive line than the Chiefs or Seahawks...

Yes Cousins lacks mobility..
Their run blocking is very good. Some more rollout and play action would help. I am convinced Kirk is a liability

Case was a .500 QB, so the Vikes spent a bazillion dollars to bring in a .500 QB to replace him. Makes perfect sense. What they should have done is spent that money elsewhere and and drafted a QB or two in the mean time.

Their run blocking is very good. Some more rollout and play action would help. I am convinced Kirk is a liability

Me too..That is why I said I don’t think the Vikings will ever win anything more than making the playoffs on occasions..

I think I would have went for it on 4th down. They had 200 plus rushing yards all day, and I don't think they were going to stop Wilson anyway. I'm still undecided on the fire Zimmer camp. If they do fire him Spielman needs to go as well.

Reactions: drubendall
I like the fact that the Vikings have revived the toss sweep, which has disappeared from so many NFL and college teams' playbooks. It's refreshing to see what an RB can do when he gets the ball with a head of steam, instead of waiting for the QB to tippy-toe into the backfield and hand it to him standing still.

Reactions: drubendall
All I know is that when they were short on 4th down, I was thinking "game over". You knew Russell would get them down the field. I'd kick that field goal in a heartbeat, it makes him put it in the endzone twice to tie instead of once to beat you. Dumb.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT