ADVERTISEMENT

Verduzco

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Mario pictured at the recent Friday Night camp. Too much of that home Italian cooking during the pandemic???

60baea86d9ee9.image.jpg

""I want to get under a genius like Coach Verdu"o_O

When Southside (San Antonio) quarterback Richard Torres committed to Nebraska, it seemed like a decision that had long been in the works. Torres had been atop Nebraska’s board at the quarterback position for a while and the interest was certainly mutual, but it was his official visit to Nebraska last weekend that elevated the Huskers above the rest of the field.

Torres still did his due diligence. He camped at SMU last Sunday coming off his Nebraska official visit. He dropped by TCU early last week and officially visited Kansas State this past weekend.

On Monday morning, hours before he announced his commitment, he had some lingering questions for Nebraska head coach Scott Frost. The answers he heard cemented the deal.

"I want to get under a genius like Coach Verdu and Coach Frost and the offense they run,” Torres told Husker247. “We watched some film of Marcus [Mariota] at Oregon and McKenzie [Milton] during their time at UCF and I liked what I saw”

Torres spoke on his relationship with Verduzco in particular. They’d communicated a lot over the last couple months but only met in person for the first time last weekend on his official visit. Funny enough, they were able to catch up later that weekend as both Torres and Verduzco attended SMU’s Dallas Showcase mega camp last Sunday night. Torres praised Verduzco’s honesty.

Milton and Mariota ended up playing a major role in Torres’ commitment as well. Torres was able to have conversations with both over the last week and get their perspectives on playing for Scott Frost and his offense.

“We had some good conversations,” Torres said. “I just had some questions, and they got answered and I liked the answers.”

There was one other individual involved in Torres’ recruitment to Nebraska – one that’s going to be a major motivation for his time as a Cornhusker.

“Me and Adrian [Martinez], we talked a lot when I was on my visit and I really want to do it for him too,” Torres said. “He kind of went through the tough times at Nebraska. He went through it all and he ate it and he learned from it. I hope he just has a really good season this year because he deserves it.”

Torres was hosted by Martinez on his official visit and asked him a lot of questions about Martinez’s own recruiting process, why he chose Nebraska and his time so far. The answers he got from Martinez helped him and his family feel comfortable committing to Frost and Verduzco.

Torres is now “100% committed” and doesn’t have any other visits planned except back to Nebraska during the season for at least one game.

He’s already felt the love from Nebraska fans over the last couple months and he looks forward to putting on a show in Memorial Stadium for the Husker faithful

“What they can expect from me is for magic to happen,'' Torres said. “I like to make plays where plays were not supposed to be made, and that’s what you can expect from me.”

Now with his decision in the rearview, Torres will put on his recruiter hat and looks to help add more players to Nebraska’s class. The first name he mentioned he’s going to work on is three-star East Paulding (Dallas, Georgia) running back Justin Williams, who officially visited Nebraska the same weekend as Torres.

“We took the visit together, we talked it over and he said he liked it there,” Torres said. “Hopefully I can get in contact with him very soon and see where his head’s at”

Torres also mentioned fellow Texan, Southlake Carroll wide receiver Landon Samson, as someone he’s going to reach out to as well.

The QB is on track to enroll early at Nebraska but now has most of his focus on his senior season at Southside. He admitted with all his focus on his recruitment to this point, he hasn’t had time to set many goals for himself but he has some in mind for his team.

“Exceed...” Torres said. “I just want to get over that second-round hump that we’ve never got past, getting to the third round would be very special ... winning a district title and maybe even going undefeated during the season are some of my goals for the team.”

Looking forward to his arrival next spring, the quarterback position could be wide open by the time Torres enrolls.

He understands he’s going to have to work for everything, but with only three scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, and Martinez potentially departing after this season, he sees an opportunity at Nebraska.

"I want to get under a genius like Coach Verdu and Coach Frost and the offense they run,” Torres told Husker247. “We watched some film of Marcus [Mariota] at Oregon and McKenzie [Milton] during their time at UCF and I liked what I saw”

When asked to see film of Amart, Frost said, "Erm... We are having technical difficulties." To say the least.

It could be the way the wind was blowing or his shirt was in a weird position. You can get a picture of anyone and make them look dumb or fat.

Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
It could be the way the wind was blowing or his shirt was in a weird position. You can get a picture of anyone and make them look dumb or fat.
I guess it just could be gas. If so though, the other dude is in real danger. Eek

All of that being considered, His short sleeve baseball pull over jacket is tucked in to his shorts with a built in cotton belt. Sorry, This isn’t just some random picture that makes a dude look dumb or fat.

Yeah I think it’s the wind, or he has a colostomy bag which is no laughing matter.

I think it is kind of funny that we are all baggin on the guy when in reality almost everyone on here would take his gig in a second if they could. He makes close to $400K and is coaching college football. And at Nebraska.

That goofy m'fer has to be doing something right in life!

Why the **** is he tucking in a jacket?

It looks like one of the baseball pullover jackets. Perhaps I am not seeing it correctly.
As a man of advancing years, I can testify that tucking your shirt in helps keep your pants from dropping down around your knees over your flabby old butt cheeks. THAT is likely why he tucked in his warm up shirt. Even a belt alone isn't that much help. Getting old sucks. NOTHING is like it used to be.

All of that being considered, His short sleeve baseball pull over jacket is tucked in to his shorts with a built in cotton belt. Sorry, This isn’t just some random picture that makes a dude look dumb or fat.
You could always post a few pics of your better fashion statements. Geez this is a tough crowd.

Reactions: scarletred
Where on dog's green earth does one find pleated shorts these days?
Sorry. I don't see any pleats. That said, I donated some pleated shorts out of the bottom of my "not used in years" dresser drawer a couple of years ago. You might be able to find them in a Goodwill store.

As a man of advancing years, I can testify that tucking your shirt in helps keep your pants from dropping down around your knees over your flabby old butt cheeks. THAT is likely why he tucked in his warm up shirt. Even a belt alone isn't that much help. Getting old sucks. NOTHING is like it used to be.

I get to look foward to saggy balls and flabby butt cheeks? I guess it beats the alternative .

I get to look foward to saggy balls and flabby butt cheeks? I guess it beats the alternative .
It's really a sad deal. As a kid and younger man in to my 40s I had the sprinter bubble butt. No belt really needed. Now? Not so much.

Glad I am not the only one having a hard time keeping pants up. Same 34x36 levis, but a small gut hangs over, and the damn things will fall off if I don't tighten a belt to nearly tourniquet constriction.

This is so sad.

Dingle is in bad shape. For only $19 a month, you can give him hope again. It all starts with a phone call. Won't you please think of the fallen butt cheeks?

Call 888-NEW-BUTT and make your pledge. Do it TODAY. You won't regret it. Operators standing by.

x4A3phq.jpg

I am an old man myself. I tuck the shirt in and am now forced to wear a belt with any pants or shorts, with the exception of elastic waistband gym/ workout shorts. At no time would my wife, kids, neighbor friend, mother-in-law, or random stranger allow me to walk outside of my home with a freaking jacket tucked into my shorts.

• Haha
Reactions: CameronKrazie86

When asked to see film of Amart, Frost said, "Erm... We are having technical difficulties." To say the least.

It's amazing that film still works from when Frost was just a QB coach! Sooner or later that tape from Mariotta gone run out of gas.

Dude's damn near out of the league!!

It's amazing that film still works from when Frost was just a QB coach! Sooner or later that tape from Mariotta gone run out of gas.

It’s amazing that you are complaining about it. It shows that he can recruit even after 3 losing seasons. Just imagine if he gets this thing turned around and can show current game film…

It will run out of gas about the same time as Black 41 Flash Reverse does. If I were the QB coach or OC for Mariota, I would show all of his college stuff. He was legit and he made a nice living in the league, not sure that ever gets old.

Well IF you're a high school QB recruit with big aspirations (and how many at that age don't have those dreams) then you know all about Mariotta so very relevant to them. They likely are students of football QBs. Now it might not mean as much to us common folks but we don't have the same mentality as a high school QB either.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Where on dog's green earth does one find pleated shorts these days?
I still have pleated shorts. Khaki no less. I like to break them out now and then to remind my wife and kids that approaching my 6th decade, I can wear what I want. Combined with white socks and a pair of slides really rounds out the look. Plus, you know they will be back “in” one day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT