ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas O/U Wins

I'd say Michigan is about right at this point with everything they have in place player wise. I'd question Ohio St. at 10.5, I'd put them equal with Michigan till proven otherwise. I really think Ohio St. will be down for a bit minus Urban.

Reactions: Husker Hambone
I would take Minnesota over at 6.5 looking at their schedule especially early..

I would take Minnesota over at 6.5 looking at their schedule especially early..
Not a bad call. Big Ten teams don’t have the best track record when going to the west coast but they should start 3-0. Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland seem like wins.

Under 8 for Purdue looks enticing with TCU and Vanderbilt on the OOC.

Not a bad call. Big Ten teams don’t have the best track record when going to the west coast but they should start 3-0. Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland seem like wins.

Under 8 for Purdue looks enticing with TCU and Vanderbilt on the OOC.

I would point out that Fresno St isn’t a PAC 12 team and only Nebraska, Michigan St and Wisconsin the last 6 years are the only B1G teams that have traveled out West to play during the regular season..

Reactions: SWIowahawks
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...llege-football-win-totals-for-every-fbs-team/

A few interesting numbers. Michigan at 9.5 seems low. Any value in Illinois at 3?

Iowa at 7.5 and Nebraska at 8.5.
Big Ten
  • Ohio State: 10.5 (Over +112, Under -130) Seems way to high. I would be shocked if they don't take a step back after Urban. Im going with 9 or under
  • Michigan: 9.5 (Over -168, Under +142) Seem about right
  • Nebraska: 8.5 (Over +164, Under -194) Close. Not a good bet. They have it right in the middle of what could be. I see 8-9
  • Penn State: 8.5 (Over -166, Under +140) Right on
  • Wisconsin: 8.5 (Over -114, Under -102) Too high I see them still struggling. 7 wins.
  • Purdue: 8 (Over +156, Under -184) Probably about right
  • Iowa: 7.5 (Over +112, Under -130) I don't see them getting more than 7
  • Michigan State: 7.5 (Over +100, Under -120) about right
  • Minnesota: 6.5 (Over -190, Under +162) I think they get more. They are getting the most amount of hype besides Nebraska. I think they could end up 2nd in the division
  • Northwestern: 6.5 (Over -108, Under -108) Right on
  • Indiana: 6 (Over -136, Under +116) Take the under
  • Maryland: 4.5 (Over +124, Under -146) Take the over
  • Illinois: 3 (Over -184, Under +154) Take the over
I could see Ohio St, Mich, Nebraska, Penn St all in the 8-10 range. Wisc, Purdue, IOwa, Mich St, Minn all in that 6-8 range. The rest below that.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Agree with swiowahawk that Purdue is too high with at Nevada,TCU and Vandy early. Also don’t know if Elijah Sindelar will be able to with stand the whole year of being healthy and depth at QB hasn’t been established.

Last edited:
Big Ten
  • Ohio State: 10.5 (Over +112, Under -130) Seems way to high. I would be shocked if they don't take a step back after Urban. Im going with 9 or under
  • Nebraska: 8.5 (Over +164, Under -194) Close. Not a good bet. They have it right in the middle of what could be. I see 8-9
  • Wisconsin: 8.5 (Over -114, Under -102) Too high I see them still struggling. 7 wins.
  • Minnesota: 6.5 (Over -190, Under +162) I think they get more. They are getting the most amount of hype besides Nebraska. I think they could end up 2nd in the division
I could see Ohio St, Mich, Nebraska, Penn St all in the 8-10 range. Wisc, Purdue, IOwa, Mich St, Minn all in that 6-8 range. The rest below that.

ohio: under
mich: over, although their coach stinks & is a choke artist
NU: over, we will win the close ones this year
PSU: under
sconnie: over
purdue: under, the most overrated team in the conf going into the season
iowa: under, like always
msu: over
minn: over
nw: over, best coach in the conference
indiana: over
umd: under, that place is a disaster
illinois: over

Reactions: yNOTskers
I think Illinois over 3 is a good bet. Rod Smith is a good OC and they brought in some talent at the skill positions, if they can find a QB that can throw a little, they will score some points. I think they will be tough on offense. Defense can only get better.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Big Ten
  • Ohio State: 10.5 (Over +112, Under -130) Pass
  • Michigan: 9.5 (Over -168, Under +142) Under
  • Nebraska: 8.5 (Over +164, Under -194) Under
  • Penn State: 8.5 (Over -166, Under +140) Over
  • Wisconsin: 8.5 (Over -114, Under -102) Over
  • Purdue: 8 (Over +156, Under -184) Under
  • Iowa: 7.5 (Over +112, Under -130) Under
  • Michigan State: 7.5 (Over +100, Under -120) Over
  • Minnesota: 6.5 (Over -190, Under +162) Over
  • Northwestern: 6.5 (Over -108, Under -108) Over
  • Indiana: 6 (Over -136, Under +116) Under
  • Maryland: 4.5 (Over +124, Under -146) Over
  • Illinois: 3 (Over -184, Under +154) Over

ohio: under
mich: over, although their coach stinks & is a choke artist
NU: over, we will win the close ones this year
PSU: under
sconnie: over
purdue: under, the most overrated team in the conf going into the season
iowa: under, like always
msu: over
minn: over
nw: over, best coach in the conference
indiana: over
umd: under, that place is a disaster
illinois: over

Ohio is in the MAC
..Solich says get it right.:)

Reactions: Bugeater
If Martinez stays healthy and Washington plays = over

If not = under

Martinez is absolutely a must-have. Washington, I think, is a nice to have. Great if he's in there, but I don't see us losing games solely because he's not out there.

Agree with swiowahawk that Purdue is too high with at Nevada,TCU and Vandy early. Also don’t know if Elijah Sindelar will be able to with stand the whole year of being healthy and depth at QB hasn’t been established.

Maybe, but Purdue might be one of the luckier teams in the country as they are facing 3 teams with brand new starting QBs.

Conversely, South Alabama, Colorado, and Northern Illinois all have returning starters at QB.

Reactions: Bugeater
Maybe, but Purdue might be one of the luckier teams in the country as they are facing 3 teams with brand new starting QBs.

Conversely, South Alabama, Colorado, and Northern Illinois all have returning starters at QB.

those 3, in addition to returning QBs, also have a combined 1 year experience with their current coaching staffs

Reactions: Cornicator
Any value in Illinois at 3?

I was ready to jump on that ….until I looked at their schedule and now I'm not so sure they can get to 4. I'll probably end up placing a bet on the over but I wouldn't risk a car payment and 3 is a "push" so.....

Akron
at UConn
Eastern Michigan
Nebraska
at Minnesota
Michigan
Wisconsin
at Purdue
Rutgers
at Michigan State
at Iowa
Northwestern

Illinois is a sleeping football giant IMO. If the Illini ever get the right coach hired, stop losing all their top in-state players to Notre Dame and other BCS schools, win more head-to-head Chicago metro recruiting battles against Northwestern, and get the students reason to show-up on game day, they could be a contender some day. Some day.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
those 3, in addition to returning QBs, also have a combined 1 year experience with their current coaching staffs

Well... kind of.

The South Alabama QB started with the new coach last season.
Colorado retained their offensive coordinator. They will be running the same offense.

The Northern Illinois experiment could be a Kluster though. NIU has been utilizing a run heavy power scheme for the last decade. Their QB is a good athlete, but not really built to throw the football more than 20 times per game. Their offensive line isn't used to pass pro. They hired the OC from South Dakota State who runs a wide open Spread system and wants to throw the football 30 to 40 times per game.

I think that will be a disaster.

Well... kind of.

Colorado retained their offensive coordinator. They will be running the same offense.

The Northern Illinois experiment could be a Kluster though. NIU has been utilizing a run heavy power scheme for the last decade. Their QB is a good athlete, but not really built to throw the football more than 20 times per game. Their offensive line isn't used to pass pro. They hired the OC from South Dakota State who runs a wide open Spread system and wants to throw the football 30 to 40 times per game.

Kind of. Jay Johnson is the OC/QB coach at Colorado, he is in his first year at Colorado. If you want to see what sort of OC he is, he was the OC at Minnesota for Claeys in 2016.

Chievarini stayed on the CU staff but is only the WR coach.

Big Ten

I'd go under on Maryland. Mike Locksley sucks worse than Linda Lovelace. Their last 7 games are brutal and they also play Penn State early on and if they can't beat Temple on the road, they may be a 2-3 win team.

Reactions: husker2612
Well... kind of.

let's hope CU runs the same gimmick WR screen offense they ran last year

and before everyone replies saying we couldn't stop them, they beat us because it was our first game and we were flat out sloppy and bad, not because they were anything special. their offense blew last year

Kind of. Jay Johnson is the OC/QB coach at Colorado, he is in his first year at Colorado. If you want to see what sort of OC he is, he was the OC at Minnesota for Claeys in 2016.

Chievarini stayed on the CU staff but is only the WR coach.

Johnson may pass the ball at Colorado a little more than he did at Minnesota working for Claeys and they will want to establish running the ball more than Chievarini did last year running the Colorado offense.

let's hope CU runs the same gimmick WR screen offense they ran last year

and before everyone replies saying we couldn't stop them, they beat us because it was our first game and we were flat out sloppy and bad, not because they were anything special. their offense blew last year

Agreed there broham. So many forget and don’t give credit that was game number one. We where a completely different team from game one till the very last game against Iowa. If we played Colorado the last game instead of Iowa...we won by 10-14 points.
And sorry, they still replace a head coach. There’s going to be struggles...period. There offense won’t have as big of a bump there practices will be changed and won’t be the same. Us catching them early on like they did against us, only favors us. GBR

Bunch of You can say what you want about Colorado offense but they will still be the best offense we will face till Ohio St comes calling on Sept 28th..

They won’t be dumb when they have a QB that has started for 2 straight years.

And we WILL still beat them by 10. There’s defense won’t stop our offense all day long. Their offense will move the ball but I’m fully expecting our defense to look light years better then last year against them. Colorado will be a tough game but they won’t be as scary as some of you think.

Last edited:
And we still beat them by 10. There’s defense won’t stop our offense all day long. Their offense will move the ball but I’m fully expecting our defense to look light years better then last year against them. Colorado will be a tough game but they won’t be as scary as some of you think.

We didn’t beat them by 10.

Bunch of You can say what you want about Colorado offense but they will still be the best offense we will face till Ohio St comes calling on Sept 28th..

They won’t be dumb when they have a QB that has started for 2 straight years.

in CU's last 7 games last year, Montez threw for more than 170 yards twice, while also putting up a whopping 84 yards at home against Utah. for the season, he topped 170 in half their games.

will they be better than S Alabama, Northern Ill & Illinois? sure? maybe? congrats? lol quite the murderer's row there

in CU's last 7 games last year, Montez threw for more than 170 yards twice, while also putting up a whopping 84 yards at home against Utah. for the season, he topped 170 in half their games.

will they be better than S Alabama, Northern Ill & Illinois? sure? maybe? congrats? lol quite the murderer's row there

Utah game was played in snowy conditions.

Lol all you want I just stated a fact..

Utah game was played in snowy conditions.

Lol all you want I just stated a fact..

I know. Watched every snap. I live in CU's viewing area & am a degenerate gambler. I watched every game they played last year.

Martinez, in much colder, much windier snowy conditions against a much better defense against MSU threw for 145.

They're a bad football team.

84? seriously? and I'm laughing at you saying they're the best offense we'll play during a string of cupcakes. so, again, congrats to them, I guess?

Reactions: huskerssalts
I know. Watched every snap. I live in CU's viewing area & am a degenerate gambler. I watched every game they played last year.

Martinez, in much colder, much windier snowy conditions against a much better defense against MSU threw for 145.

They're a bad football team.

84? seriously?

Weather conditions were not similar.. In Lincoln it snowed lightly, in Boulder the snow was coming down at a much more heavier rate...

Never said they were a juggernaut of a football team but will be our toughest game till Sept 28..

Weather conditions were not similar.. In Lincoln it snowed lightly, in Boulder the snow was coming down at a much more heavier rate...

Never said they were a juggernaut of a football team but will be our toughest game till Sept 28..

it was also much colder & windier in Lincoln. Utah's quarterback threw for 221. did conditions change when they had the ball?

by all means, please continue to tell me why we should be afraid of Montez and the mighty buffs. I'll continue to tell you they stink & sept 7th will be a bloodbath.

• Ohio State: 10.5 (Over +112, Under -130) Under - 11 is hard to get to although their non-conference is embarrassing
  • Michigan: 9.5 (Over -168, Under +142) Over - I still think offensively they have the talent and with a new OC that is willing to toss out the 1970's playbook I think this team will score enough points early in the season until the defense catches up.
  • Nebraska: 8.5 (Over +164, Under -194) Under - team has some talent and Frost has done a good job in his second year at programs. Drives me crazy when different media outlets place teams in the top 25 a year after going 3-9, 4-8, etc. Let's see it actually happen with current staff and players and go from there.
  • Penn State: 8.5 (Over -166, Under +140) Under - this team lost quite a bit and I still believe James Franklin is overrated as a game day coach
  • Wisconsin: 8.5 (Over -114, Under -102) Under - schedule is tricky and I think we might start to see who Paul Chryst truly is - the same guy he was as head coach at Pitt
  • Purdue: 8 (Over +156, Under -184) Under - yeah way to high here although I really like Brohm. I'm not sure Sindelar can stay healthy an entire year
  • Iowa: 7.5 (Over +112, Under -130) Over - despite loosing some talent early to NFL there is still plenty of talent there to win at least 8
  • Michigan State: 7.5 (Over +100, Under -120) Over - defense looks good, but have to get something going on offense. This one was tough to pick. They will need to knock someone off on the road to get to 8
  • Minnesota: 6.5 (Over -190, Under +162) Over - they have some nice pieces. This is a team that has some real toss-up games, but they have a nice stretch in Oct. with 4/5 at home in which they could string some wins together. This one could hinge on the @Fresno St. game
  • Northwestern: 6.5 (Over -108, Under -108) Under - I'm likely underestimating Fitz, but that stretch of 6 games after their bye week (week) is going to be rough! Hunter Johnson might be the real deal, but he basically hasn't played meaningful football in two years.
  • Indiana: 6 (Over -136, Under +116) Under - 5 is the max based upon schedule and personnel in bloomington. That last 5 game stretch is brutal
  • Maryland: 4.5 (Over +124, Under -146) Under - sorry Mike might be a good recruiter and he may have learned some coaching tips with Saban past couple of years, but he still has to prove he can be a head coach.
  • Illinois: 3 (Over -184, Under +154) Over - they will get somebody they shouldn't and get to 4 wins. Non-conference is not overly tough and I think they can steal one maybe two in the conference.

Shenault, cu wr, was injured , and montez numbers fell off, our dbs were raw and one was benched.
Our D line looked good with a healthy Mick, but our lbs werent quite ready.
We will beat cu, convincingly.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

I don’t remember when but that could coincide with Shenault getting injured.

I believe I read that CU is going to a difference style of offense and going to be a more pro style, run first offense. Which might be smart to try in the PAC-12 when they can’t out athlete people.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT