ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral in Portal?

A guy like Vedral needs to look at the big picture of his life. He's been able to play in Florida for a year on an undefeated team. He's gotten some meaningful playing time for Nebraska. He has 2 years left.

He can decide to stay here and get his degree from a B10 school, or move on to a lower division school to get to "play" for another 2 years, getting his degree from a lower division school.

The kid's not going to get drafted or get a FA deal from an NFL team.

If I were him, I might explore the idea of being a slot receiver. With JD probably not coming back and much of the receiving corps new, he might find a role there that allows him to stay and help the team.
I agree with you on the playing aspect of things.

Your comment on getting a degree from a lower division school, however, I don't quite get.

South Dakota State is in the same FB division as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc....and I don't think people would say that a degree from Harvard is a degree from a lower division school compared to Nebraska. I doubt Nebraska is a tougher school to get into than South Dakota State.

I agree with you on the playing aspect of things.

Your comment on getting a degree from a lower division school, however, I don't quite get.

South Dakota State is in the same FB division as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc....and I don't think people would say that a degree from Harvard is a degree from a lower division school compared to Nebraska. I doubt Nebraska is a tougher school to get into than South Dakota State.
LOL, comparing SDSU to Harvard, Yale and Princeton.

I needed a smile. Thanks.

Please explain because I don't know what you're talking about.

Frost came in here with 3 QBs in the program. The returning starter decided to turn pro, but even if he hadn't, there is no way he could have run Frost's offense as he's probably the slowest QB to play here since the 1950s.

The other 2 QBs were 4-star recruits, but that was a fraud. Neither of them has broken into the starting lineup at the schools where they transferred, not exactly football powerhouses.

He had to play AM. There was really no choice. We had to bite the bullet until we could get some more young talent into the system. We have that now, and as such, Vedral has been recruited over.

I'm anxious to see a healthy and more grown up AM (along with Jurgens not snapping the ball over his head all the time) this fall.

At least research a little before you pop off about another program. Gebbia rode the pine last year because they had a QB that put Martinez to shame. Luton put up some great stats, the team as a whole just isnt very talented.

At least research a little before you pop off about another program. Gebbia rode the pine last year because they had a QB that put Martinez to shame. Luton put up some great stats, the team as a whole just isnt very talented.

Luton put a bunch of QBs to shame...not just Martinez. And why do you live on our board? Just to start crap all the time or are you scared to death someone might think highly of the Huskers or say something positive and you got to be here to run them down for it?

Reactions: bshirt73
POSITIVE SPIN...Vedral saw McCaffery improving and Smothers potentially showed what he was capable of in the few months he was on campus. That means our QB room is probably in decent shape.
I’m not sure it’s really spin, it’s the reality of the situation. Luke has clearly passed him and I don’t blame Noah for wanting to play. Problem is we now have 3 scholarship QB’s and the staff wants 5.

POSITIVE SPIN...Vedral saw McCaffery improving and Smothers potentially showed what he was capable of in the few months he was on campus. That means our QB room is probably in decent shape.
More positive spin. He knew it was safe for him to leave.

No idea if he could've made an impact, but I would've loved to see him switch positions and play wide receiver. We need the help and at least he would know the plays.

Reactions: donahues17
Here is a quarterback who transferred from the state of Florida back to his home state because he said he believed in the coach and wanted to become a football coach someday. What has changed for Vederal?

Now two years later the ship is taking water when everyone thought the leak was fixed. I have seen this movie on repeat for Nebraska for the last 20 years. Granted he is no Tommie Frazier but this doesn't play well for Frost, its not good P.R. but in today's age it will be forgotten in a matter of tomorrows press cycle.

This year Frost & company better get to 9 wins otherwise I don't think he will ever be able to turn this thing around. I hope and pray he does it. If he can't do it......I dont even want to think about this nightmare continuing.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Here is a quarterback who transferred from the state of Florida back to his home state because he said he believed in the coach and wanted to become a football coach someday. What has changed for Vederal?

Now two years later the ship is taking water when everyone thought the leak was fixed. I have seen this movie on repeat for Nebraska for the last 20 years. Granted he is no Tommie Frazier but this doesn't play well for Frost, its not good P.R. but in today's age it will be forgotten in a matter of tomorrows press cycle.

This year Frost & company better get to 9 wins otherwise I don't think he will ever be able to turn this thing around. I hope and pray he does it. If he can't do it......I dont even want to think about this nightmare continuing.
So you think he doesn’t believe in the coach anymore? What changed? He got to know the coach his freshman year at UCF... he got to play quite a bit last year in a backup role. And now he sees the light that Frost isn’t who he thought he was?

I suppose it could be this... or it could be that he wants to play and he sees the writing on the wall at Nebraska. Why make it harder than that? Are kids who just completed their freshman year at college not allowed to change their minds? He said he wanted to learn from Frost and become a coach... so he can never change his mind?

LOL, comparing SDSU to Harvard, Yale and Princeton.

I needed a smile. Thanks.
Read the post to which I was responding. My post will make more sense once you do.

To sum it up, the guy to which I was replying seemed to imply that a degree from South Dakota State was lesser compared to one from Nebraska because South Dakota State plays in a lower football division.

I am well aware that South Dakota State isn't on par with Harvard academically....but they are in the same football division (FCS).

"Granted, he is no Tommie Frazier" Considering his stats, that might be the biggest understatement I've ever seen on here.

Read the post to which I was responding. My post will make more sense once you do.

To sum it up, the guy to which I was replying seemed to imply that a degree from South Dakota State was lesser compared to one from Nebraska because South Dakota State plays in a lower football division.

I am well aware that South Dakota State isn't on par with Harvard academically....but they are in the same football classification (FCS).
Comparing apples to oranges. Academically, the Ivy League, generally speaking, beats any other league. Doesn’t matter the size of the school.

Quit the straw man argument. We aren’t talking about Nebraska compared to the Ivy League. We are talking about Nebraska compared to South Dakota State. You may think they are on par with each other. I don’t.

I wouldn't read to much into the Vedral leaving. I think it is probably as simple as him realizing his chance to play is little to none. If he goes to a place like SDSU or even a G5 team he could probably start from day one. Lets face it right now the QB room is stacked. Will we see more QBs transfer under Frost 100% it is the nature of the business now days. Kids QBs especially want to play right away.

Nine wins during the next season?

Comparing apples to oranges. Academically, the Ivy League, generally speaking, beats any other league. Doesn’t matter the size of the school.

Quit the straw man argument. We aren’t talking about Nebraska compared to the Ivy League. We are talking about Nebraska compared to South Dakota State. You may think they are on par with each other. I don’t.
He's a bot

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
Luton put a bunch of QBs to shame...not just Martinez. And why do you live on our board? Just to start crap all the time or are you scared to death someone might think highly of the Huskers or say something positive and you got to be here to run them down for it?

Maybe some of us on here can see what a cluster*uck Frost has been so far, especially with the QB position. Not everyone on this board is delusional like you and some others when it comes to Nebraska.

I wouldn't read to much into the Vedral leaving. I think it is probably as simple as him realizing his chance to play is little to none. If he goes to a place like SDSU or even a G5 team he could probably start from day one. Lets face it right now the QB room is stacked. Will we see more QBs transfer under Frost 100% it is the nature of the business now days. Kids QBs especially want to play right away.
Actually, it's the nature of good teams with good qb coaching.

This is a very dramatic response to the third string QB leaving. Why can’t it just be as simple as he wants to go somewhere where he can play?

I'm not making a strawman argument. I was replying to a post...one that had nothing to do with you.

Again.....read the post to which I was replying. He referenced getting a degree. That's what I was addressing. Nothing more.

If he goes to a place like SDSU or even a G5 team he could probably start from day one.
I agree that his chance of winning a starting QB spot at a FCS school improves substantially but still, he will need to do his homework before deciding. Plenty of FCS schools have talented QBs on their roster also. For instance, SDSU has been mentioned numerous times in this thread as a possible landing spot but SDSU is heavily invested in sophomore QB J'Bore Gibbs who looked very impressive before being injured last year. I doubt that Vedral wins the starting job from Gibbs at SDSU.

I'm not making a strawman argument. I was replying to a post...one that had nothing to do with you.

Again.....read the post to which I was replying. He referenced getting a degree. That's what I was addressing. Nothing more.
Exactly. That just what I said. It had nothing to do with football. Just getting a degree.

I get that a college grad is a college grad no matter what division they graduated from. I still think, generally speaking, a B1G degree carries more weight and offers greater opportunities. Generally.

Reactions: Bugeater
Frost thus far

giphy.gif

Reactions: NikkiSixx
The nature of college football changed a lot with the introduction of the transfer portal. Good,bad or ugly its what college football has become. If you cant get on the field where your at find a place you can. TOS has Vederal CB to northern Illinois.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT