ADVERTISEMENT

VB crowd tonight vs. Stanford

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
Generally I understand that if you buy a ticket you have the right to watch the game in the manner you want.

But.. allow me a moment to use my right to complain.

It's a disgrace to see so many in the crowd standing like statues when the cameras are panning around. It's not a small amount, at least 20% without even a hint of emotion or reading their phone.

This is a big game. Can't you at least give one game to try and help energize the atmosphere? Every voice helps and that creates the home court advantage because the players feed on it.

We have the best VB fans in the country...but I expected better.

Reactions: dragon61
tenor.gif

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
If I'm at a game, I'm totally engaged while the play is happening. If the camera pans over me between plays (the only time the camera should be on the fans), you will see me standing there like a statue or on my phone. Some people like mugging for the camera, some don't.

Maybe they're focused on the game. There's a lot of stuff that goes onthat if you're not paying attention and screwing off, you'll never know or see. I would venture to say that most of these people that have season tickets have been at it a long time and very loyal

Generally I understand that if you buy a ticket you have the right to watch the game in the manner you want.

But.. allow me a moment to use my right to complain.

It's a disgrace to see so many in the crowd standing like statues when the cameras are panning around. It's not a small amount, at least 20% without even a hint of emotion or reading their phone.

This is a big game. Can't you at least give one game to try and help energize the atmosphere? Every voice helps and that creates the home court advantage because the players feed on it.

We have the best VB fans in the country...but I expected better.
I understand your concern. Just my thought, usually the cameras are only panning around when the action has stopped. When the action has stopped there is little point for the fans to be going nuts, jumping around and adding energy. So maybe these people are taking a minute in between the action to just chill. Then when play starts again they go nuts.

Reactions: TFrazier
On the other hand...one of my girls in class attended the game last night and said the environment was "OH MY GOODNESS!!!"

The results of last nights match isn’t a surprise given Stanford’s level of experience and Nebraska trying to find their groove with 2 freshmen in the lineup. I am happy Nebraska took 1 set from Stanford...they could have easily been swept at home. Don’t forget that Stanford brought back 4 all-Americans heading into the match. The loss of Foecke is huge as Nebraska doesn’t have a “terminator” in the lineup.

The atmosphere was great last night and I really enjoyed watching the match in person. Ultimately, this match will help Coach Cook and the players as they prepare for conference play and the tournament later in the year.

The results of last nights match isn’t a surprise given Stanford’s level of experience and Nebraska trying to find their groove with 2 freshmen in the lineup. I am happy Nebraska took 1 set from Stanford...they could have easily been swept at home. Don’t forget that Stanford brought back 4 all-Americans heading into the match. The loss of Foecke is huge as Nebraska doesn’t have a “terminator” in the lineup.

The atmosphere was great last night and I really enjoyed watching the match in person. Ultimately, this match will help Coach Cook and the players as they prepare for conference play and the tournament later in the year.
Spot on. We had no answer for Plummer. She's a force.

Reactions: TFrazier
I've been to a few VB games, lots of basketball and football games. Crowds are all the same. Which is to say, if there's a reason to be on your feet and screaming the fans usually will be. It's pretty impossible to force it. That's why they spend millions on lights, screens and speakers. To manufacture crowd engagement.

Stanford started four seniors. We don’t even have one on our roster. Last nights result was expected, regardless of the crowd. I know one of the Big Ten announcers who said compared to Nebraska, other volleyball venues are a morgue.

I had to laugh at this post as it is so far off base and uninformed. Most who attend a NU VB game are amazed at the atmosphere and the crowd involvement. Players from other teams, coaches and announcers to a person are, wow!!!! this is an amazing environment.

There are a select number of locations across the country that compare to "the Bob", so before you state how disappointed you are, I'd ask... compared to what?

I've been to a few VB games, lots of basketball and football games. Crowds are all the same. Which is to say, if there's a reason to be on your feet and screaming the fans usually will be. It's pretty impossible to force it. That's why they spend millions on lights, screens and speakers. To manufacture crowd engagement.

The only time I've been disappointed with Husker VB fans was a few years back during a early-round tournament game. It was the year Creighton played at KU on the same night and upset them. These closet Jayskers behind me spent the whole game monitoring and commenting on the Creighton game. Perhaps you guys should have gone to Lawrence instead. Have also seen adults spend entire game playing on their phones. Why even go?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT