ADVERTISEMENT

Vance Joseph

MacDiddly

Walk On
Apr 30, 2019
Gotta assume he will be a top candidate for the Colorado opening. But assuming that doesn’t happen and Mickey ends up getting the job, would we want him as a DC?

I don’t know how I would feel about hiring family members (see Iowa). Seems it’s an even worse idea than hiring old drinking buddies from G5.

Vance was an abject failure as a head coach in Denver. There is no chance he gets hired as the head man in Boulder.

Reactions: OO Snipes
Gotta assume he will be a top candidate for the Colorado opening. But assuming that doesn’t happen and Mickey ends up getting the job, would we want him as a DC?

I don’t know how I would feel about hiring family members (see Iowa). Seems it’s an even worse idea than hiring old drinking buddies from G5.

I don't think he is allowed back on CU campus due to past issues

Vance played for the Buffs. You can fail as an NFL HC and still be a good college HC. Two years of NFL HC is still valuable experience. Still a competent NFL DC. He would be a viable candidate for the Buffs.

Imagine if Vance gets the Buffs job and hires away Mickey. Imagine if that happened before our next HC is named.

Vance played for the Buffs. You can fail as an NFL HC and still be a good college HC. Two years of NFL HC is still valuable experience. Still a competent NFL DC. He would be a viable candidate for the Buffs.

Imagine if Vance gets the Buffs job and hires away Mickey. Imagine if that happened before our next HC is named.
He still the defensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinal, he won’t be going anywhere till the season completed..

Would be very interesting to see Mickey and Vance working together here. But I don't see it happening. Vance seems too established in the NFL.

Would be very interesting to see Mickey and Vance working together here. But I don't see it happening. Vance seems too established in the NFL.
The difference is, if Mickey was the HC and Vance the DC had success, the NU gig could be 10-15 years of constant employment.

Success at NU means a potential very long engagement versus a bad year or two in the NFL and you are gonzo.

But, I agree, some guys are just cut out to be in the NFL game.

Reactions: scarletred
Vance was an abject failure as a head coach in Denver. There is no chance he gets hired as the head man in Boulder.
I don’t know if I’d say Vance was an “abject failure” but he certainly didn’t have a good record (worse than Josh McDaniels). I could never understand that because he seemed like a really smart guy and understood the game. Just didn’t happen for him…

If he brought in Vance move Busch back to special teams. They are just as important as offense and defense and that shows with great teams/ programs.

I don't see Colorado attracting an NFL coordinator - even one with ties to CU. Buffs will have to go cheap so they can pay for Karl Dorrell's golden parachute. They're going to try to find the next Lance Leipold - someone who's had success at a lower level and is willing to make the jump to a bad Power 5 program.

I don't see Colorado attracting an NFL coordinator - even one with ties to CU. Buffs will have to go cheap so they can pay for Karl Dorrell's golden parachute. They're going to try to find the next Lance Leipold - someone who's had success at a lower level and is willing to make the jump to a bad Power 5 program.
Or someone like Chryst who was fired from a P5 job but had some success.

Reactions: schuele
I don’t know if I’d say Vance was an “abject failure” but he certainly didn’t have a good record (worse than Josh McDaniels). I could never understand that because he seemed like a really smart guy and understood the game. Just didn’t happen for him…
QBs are often the difference between winners and losers in the NFL and college ball. Vance wasn’t given a Tom Brady to work with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT