ADVERTISEMENT

Valentine doubtful @ Miami

If nothing else KM should be motivated going back to his home state. KW is IMO a better pass rusher than VV, but VV just clogs the line. Hope he can make a miraculous recovery in the next 48 hours.

That hurts more then any of us want to admit, that means they cam double team amd focus fully on Collins. We sorely need a DE to step it up and have the game of there life. If not our line will be no existent.

That hurts more then any of us want to admit, that means they cam double team amd focus fully on Collins. We sorely need a DE to step it up and have the game of there life. If not our line will be no existent.

Williams will do a good job and so will Maurice if needed.

Reactions: ncaalover12

I agree. It sounds odd, but if we had a choice of which defensive starter we would want to have not play, VV is probably one of the top 2 or 3 choices. Not due to his lack of talent, but because it is the one position where we have some decent depth.

Reactions: jeans15
Interestingly Riley stated in his "media availability" time that he viewed both of them as starters. I suppose because I think they already play quite a few minutes without much if any drop off. Ideally you would want all of your 2 deep to view themselves as starter caliber players and with that kind of mindset when they come in the game.

Looks like Williams is going to get his shot that he has been waiting for.

Defiantly need our rush ends to come up big with more presser.

Like someone said VV is the line plugger but Williams rushes the passer a little better.

Last edited:
Valentine has been doing a great job rushing this year. There are a lot of snaps where he pushes his guy deep into the pocket. Tough break, but next man up! I would like to see some Stoltenburg as well.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Williams is the answer, but we must mix up the defensive play calling and dial up some disguised blitz packages this week. Banker needs to outwit da U.

I agree with mixing things up but we have to be careful with blitzing too much. I'm not sure I want to see tons of one on one where all a guy has to do is shake one corner and take it to the house. From what I have seen Miami isn't good enough to go on long drives down the field and score a bunch of points.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I agree with mixing things up but we have to be careful with blitzing too much. I'm not sure I want to see tons of one on one where all a guy has to do is shake one corner and take it to the house. From what I have seen Miami isn't good enough to go on long drives down the field and score a bunch of points.

I disagree and agree. Miami is not built for long drives. You're right in that respect

But... I think Nebraska should ratchet up the pressure.

The loss of Valentine is not ideal, but this is the best interior Dline depth the Huskers have had in maybe 9 years. They can absorb a loss to a dude like Vince and not suffer much drop off.

ADVERTISEMENT