ADVERTISEMENT

Val Martin on Twitter

That was an interesting read - but I didn't need to see that post to know that Fleck is a gigantic tool; that fact is patently obvious to anyone who pays attention to B1G football. But said tool is actually a pretty decent coach and has coached thepants off Frost nearly every time they have played. So yeah, fun to read about the dysfunctional kook in Minnesota, but the results on the field speak for themselves, as hard as it is to type that.

Well, two things: First, as Chief just pointed out, how could anyone NOT know that Fleck is a giant d-bag? I thought that was kind of his thing? And second, nothing in that tweet seems all that bad. He cancelled practice? He fired "someone" for taking a pic of his car getting ticketed? Bragged about his $10,000 knife set? Not exactly Ferentz levels abuse here.

Well, two things: First, as Chief just pointed out, how could anyone NOT know that Fleck is a giant d-bag? I thought that was kind of his thing? And second, nothing in that tweet seems all that bad. He cancelled practice? He fired "someone" for taking a pic of his car getting ticketed? Bragged about his $10,000 knife set? Not exactly Ferentz levels abuse here.
His Twitter feed has a bunch of other player stories and info

Reactions: mgbreis
Literally none of those things are bad. Maybe firing the staffer for filming his car getting a ticket, that seems sort of dooshy.

But everything else is nothing. 8pm Friday meetings are lame but clearly those would be done by 9pm so you can still go party.

Holy crap. That is hilarious. That is some straight Kim Jong Il North Korea stuff there.
Yeah, I can't remember where I heard it from but it was funny.

When Jay Forman met him, a few years back, Jay asked him how he was doing and PJ replied "I am ELITE" Haha

• Haha
Reactions: cubsker
That was an interesting read - but I didn't need to see that post to know that Fleck is a gigantic tool; that fact is patently obvious to anyone who pays attention to B1G football. But said tool is actually a pretty decent coach and has coached thepants off Frost nearly every time they have played. So yeah, fun to read about the dysfunctional kook in Minnesota, but the results on the field speak for themselves, as hard as it is to type that.
Wished I could have liked your post 100 times.

Anyone see this guys posts about Fleck? Former player that transferred. Fleck seems like a total tool.
It’s what about every coach goes through when players transfer. I am sure though dipshits on this board will over react and post something stupid!

I hate Fleck’s personality, but most of this looks like how everyone bashes their former employer on the way out now.

I think he’s manipulative & narcissistic, but I’m thinking a lot of coaches are to some degree.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
I hate Fleck’s personality, but most of this looks like how everyone bashes their former employer on the way out now.

I think he’s manipulative & narcissistic, but I’m thinking a lot of coaches are to some degree.
Right? I left my last job over half a decade ago, I am guessing my former boss doesn't even remember my name but I still rip on her.

The dude sounds lik a clown for some of these things but nothing seems all that mean.

Right? I left my last job over half a decade ago, I am guessing my former boss doesn't even remember my name but I still rip on her.

The dude sounds lik a clown for some of these things but nothing seems all that mean.
I know. I was trying to boil down his clown rant to see what the real beef was. Not a lot there. "I'm mad at coach PJ. You should be too! Someone back me up"

I know. I was trying to boil down his clown rant to see what the real beef was. Not a lot there. "I'm mad at coach PJ. You should be too! Someone back me up"
It really does.

I mean, I get him saying some of those things "sucked" because they do...

Everyone on the team knows why there are 8pm Friday meetings in the off-season. It is so the players hopefully don't go out and **** around and so the staff can hang out and drink/eat after the meeting.

Cancelling the practices and using that against them later, okay that sucks but clearly it is just a motivation tactic that did not work that week.

It really does.

I mean, I get him saying some of those things "sucked" because they do...

Everyone on the team knows why there are 8pm Friday meetings in the off-season. It is so the players hopefully don't go out and **** around and so the staff can hang out and drink/eat after the meeting.

Cancelling the practices and using that against them later, okay that sucks but clearly it is just a motivation tactic that did not work that week.
That makes no sense. Nothing starts happening g until 10 so an 8 PM meeting has zero effect. Better make those meetings at 11PM

I'm still laughing at the clapping when he walks into the meeting. WTAF? I am going to start doing that to start the day. Once all the kids are seated after the pledge and announcements, I am going to leave the room, and walk back in and demand a standing O each and every day.

Maybe get a little Allen Parsons Project going, with a voice over, AAAAAAND now out of Florida St University, Panama City Panama campus, standing 5'10", your favorite USAF vet, Mr. Salamancaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah, I can't remember where I heard it from but it was funny.

When Jay Forman met him, a few years back, Jay asked him how he was doing and PJ replied "I am ELITE" Haha
Ben Leber works for KFAN here in the twin cities and he reported this as well. If the clapping isn’t vigorous enough, do it again. Crazy.

That makes no sense. Nothing starts happening g until 10 so an 8 PM meeting has zero effect. Better make those meetings at 11PM
Meeting goes couple hours. Congregate and have some grub. Next thing you know it's 10:30. Workouts at 6:00 a.m. next day.

I'm still laughing at the clapping when he walks into the meeting. WTAF? I am going to start doing that to start the day. Once all the kids are seated after the pledge and announcements, I am going to leave the room, and walk back in and demand a standing O each and every day.

Maybe get a little Allen Parsons Project going, with a voice over, AAAAAAND now out of Florida St University, Panama City Panama campus, standing 5'10", your favorite USAF vet, Mr. Salamancaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You should have been doing that for years.

I sure hope your room is decked out with Husker flags/posters etc…Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

I know you are not serious but, at a Chrsitian School I was the administrator, the students stood up and recognized when I came into the room. They were taught to respect adults, imagine that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT