Vaccines are 100% safe!!

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Except when they're not. But hey, I'm a science denier because I question the safety of a vaccine that was never approved by the FDA, has < 1 year of time to study long-term effects, has killed and harmed hundreds, if not thousands of people (nobody wants to track this because $$).

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Didn't read that long, probably dreadful post, but wanted to wish you and your family a happy 4th of July Oldschool. Seriously man I hope you enjoy the weekend.
Same to you.
PS - don't tell your lib friends that you're celebrating the 4th. They may want to come over and burn your flags.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
And you don't have any confirmation bias in your sourcing because you're a mental giant?

No. My sources are accepted by 99% of the research and scientific community. You are using talking points that all refer to a self reporting system (VAERS.) that is not at all a study of causation. It’s a self reporting tracking database that flag’s odd occurrences (see J&J) so then, if deemed potentially viable, paused to investigate further (j&j) And then resumed when further data was complied.

Go find a free research methodology 101 class online so you can amazing yourself in new and exciting ways

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
No. My sources are accepted by 99% of the research and scientific community. You are using talking points that all refer to a self reporting system (VAERS.) that is not at all a study of causation. It’s a self reporting tracking database that flag’s odd occurrences (see J&J) so then, if deemed potentially viable, paused to investigate further (j&j) And then resumed when further data was complied.

Go find a free research methodology 101 class online so you can amazing yourself in new and exciting ways
Hey dummy, I posted video of people's own experiences. Like I said, any dummy like you that would dare to study this would be defunded and sued by the drug companies. There's 3 big ones whose interest is to sell vaccines to the US Government, and the US Government doesn't want to study vaccines because they're pushing them onto us and paying top dollar for them. Therefore, there will be no "99% of the research and scientific community". If you had a brain, you would know that a 99% consensus in science is meaningless because consensus doesn't matter to science. Truth matters to science. And the truth is that there are people who have had really bad adverse reactions to the vaccine, up to and including death. You have a political reason to deny reality, I don't.

Take your research mythology and shove it.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Hey dummy, I posted video of people's own experiences. Like I said, any dummy like you that would dare to study this would be defunded and sued by the drug companies. There's 3 big ones whose interest is to sell vaccines to the US Government, and the US Government doesn't want to study vaccines because they're pushing them onto us and paying top dollar for them. Therefore, there will be no "99% of the research and scientific community". If you had a brain, you would know that a 99% consensus in science is meaningless because consensus doesn't matter to science. Truth matters to science. And the truth is that there are people who have had really bad adverse reactions to the vaccine, up to and including death. You have a political reason to deny reality, I don't.

Take your research mythology and shove it.

It’s been fun. But you are way too far gone and too dumb to make it back. No politics here bud. I don’t worship presidents. I elect them the. Criticize them for not doing enough. You are an armchair scientist. On the bright side, pretty much every Covid death from here on out is preventable and will take with the. Someone who is a detriment to society.

Tel nebby we said what up

Reactions: cavalot

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Welcome to open scrolls. Have you reached out to @Nebyank or his doctor for their thoughts on vaccine necessity?
He made a decision & unfortunately it was the wrong one… there’s a lot of other folks out there that made the same decision & are just fine . If I was over 50 I’d prob get the vaccine but at 30 & already had Covid there’s no reason

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
He made a decision & unfortunately it was the wrong one… there’s a lot of other folks out there that made the same decision & are just fine . If I was over 50 I’d prob get the vaccine but at 30 & already had Covid there’s no reason

Nothing is 100 percent safe, and you can always find examples of someone having a side effect. Even on the clinical trials they saw side effects, and never claimed to be 100 percent safe.

However, the question always are 1. How often does said side effect occur 2. does that rate outpace what you would normally see without the vaccine and 3. How does that compare to the actual pathogen, At this point, pretty much every major side effects have been extremely extremely rare (like 1 per 10 million or even much less) with the exception of blood clotting (which is closer to 1-5 per million) and myocarditis (which is about 10 per million in young males, which is only about twice the expected rate). Both of these are very rare and the risk for hospitalizations with COVID far outweigh them, even in younger individuals.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Nothing is 100 percent safe, and you can always find examples of someone having a side effect. Even on the clinical trials they saw side effects, and never claimed to be 100 percent safe.

However, the question always are 1. How often does said side effect occur 2. does that rate outpace what you would normally see without the vaccine and 3. How does that compare to the actual pathogen, At this point, pretty much every major side effects have been extremely extremely rare (like 1 per 10 million or even much less) with the exception of blood clotting (which is closer to 1-5 per million) and myocarditis (which is about 10 per million in young males, which is only about twice the expected rate). Both of these are very rare and the risk for hospitalizations with COVID far outweigh them, even in younger individuals.
What about the skin conditions? There’s lots of reports from Brits about them.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
What about the skin conditions? There’s lots of reports from Brits about them.

They noted skin reactions on the Moderna trials. But they were rare, as are the ones we are seeing now. Also the majority of them are mild. There was a study looking at it back in April that came to the same conclusions

Most of the time skin reactions are going to be due to your body’s immune system overactiving, which with these vaccines (especially the second dose) the immune system really kicks it into gear. Which is why you are seeing such good efficacy rates..

But even with something like this, like I mentioned you compare to what you see with the actual pathogen. And skin rashes are pretty common with the actual infection, with some studies showing ~20 percent of the symptomatic cases having skin reactions. Which is way way more than with the vaccine.

Last edited:

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE

Agreed on all points but the decision still lies with the individual & that’s up to them . For myself since I’ve had COVID I don’t see a point in getting the vaccine. If I had not had it I may be thinking differently

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
They noted skin reactions on the Moderna trials. But they were rare, as are the ones we are seeing now. Also the majority of them are mild. There was a study looking at it back in April that came to the same conclusions

Most of the time skin reactions are going to be due to your body’s immune system overactiving, which with these vaccines (especially the second dose) the immune system really kicks it into gear. Which is why you are seeing such good efficacy rates..

But even with something like this, like I mentioned you compare to what you see with the actual pathogen. And skin rashes are pretty common with the actual infection, with some studies showing ~20 percent of the symptomatic cases having skin reactions. Which is way way more than with the vaccine.

Old slow doesn't care. If the vaccine has 3B doses and a few bad reactions he's gonna choose fear.

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
such classic examples here of people bashing people for having enough common sense to not get something that is already 99.7% survivable...... seriously, how stupid are people who live in this kind of fear?

Reactions: Bobfather

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Agreed on all points but the decision still lies with the individual & that’s up to them . For myself since I’ve had COVID I don’t see a point in getting the vaccine. If I had not had it I may be thinking differently

While I agree in the end, it is up to the person to get vaccinated or not. However, this thing is going to keep mutating as we have people who are willingly being viral incubators.

If you had COVID already then you are prolly fine. Although I will say that there have been a few studies not that have shown that getting the first dose of the vaccine significantly boosts your level of antibodies. Personally, for the new Delta strain I would say that may be important. I say this because the antibody level for previously infected was similar to those with one dose of the mRNA vaccine at the baseline, and then with one dose of the mRNA vaccine they boost up to what we see with two doses of the vaccine. Which makes perfect sense from an immunological standpoint. The second dose doesn’t really do much more, although I will say that the levels seem to be more consistent from patient to patient vs the first dose.

The reason why I say this might be important is that data from England shows that with two doses of the Pfizer, you are ~90 percent protected from symptomatic disease. However one dose you are only 33 percent protected from symptomatic disease. The question will become what are those numbers for hospitalizations and death, although I would expect thait most certainly will be higher than 33 percent with the first dose. So with this, it seems plausible that we might see more breaththrough infections with the Delta variant in those previously infected.

If that turns out to be the case, then I could see this turning into this an argument for getting at least one dose even if you previously had it. I will note that the study from the Cleveland Clinic that is reference a lot was done before the Delta variant (December to May 15th).

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Old slow doesn't care. If the vaccine has 3B doses and a few bad reactions he's gonna choose fear.

I understand that I won’t likely convince the OP, although you never know. But I know there are always lurkers in these thread (I lurked on RSS for a decade before I post anything). Some of these people may be on the fence. So if I at least can show and convince them vs just letting see these fear hit pieces, then I have done my job.

Reactions: DRay827

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
I understand that I won’t likely convince the OP, although you never know. But I know there are always lurkers in these thread (I lurked on RSS for a decade before I post anything). Some of these people may be on the fence. So if I at least can show and convince them vs just letting see these fear hit pieces, then I have done my job.
I get what you are saying. But when your posts are all just political propaganda instead of honest gut feelings no one is going to take your medical knowledge serious. You have not one time said anything not parroted by national media or Dr. Fauci. That being said I'm sure your a good dude that is trying to help people out.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
I get what you are saying. But when your posts are all just political propaganda instead of honest gut feelings no one is going to take your medical knowledge serious. You have not one time said anything not parroted by national media or Dr. Fauci. That being said I'm sure your a good dude that is trying to help people out.

If you think that all is am saying is political propaganda than I don’t know what to tell you. I spend a lot of time reading the actual papers. I don’t need political propaganda to form my opinions, nor do I mix politics in my scientifc posts ever. Political beliefs don’t have a place in science.

I mean I almost always link the actual scientific studies in my posts for reference almost never use a news article for my reference.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Because what he is saying is scientifically accurate. Because Fauci and the CDC are the experts in this situation. I can not believe how crazy some of you have become with regards to this situation. Anyone who is anyone in infectious disease have parroted the same thing for the last year. It is not political, it is science. What is political is the attacks on science that have come from the far right.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
If you think that all is am saying is political propaganda than I don’t know what to tell you. I spend a lot of time reading the actual papers. I don’t need political propaganda to form my opinions, nor do I mix politics in my scientifc posts ever. Political beliefs don’t have a place in science.

I mean I almost always link the actual scientific studies in my posts for reference almost never use a news article for my reference.
Dude... You can not convince these people. They are in lockstep with the new GOP. Remember science is the enemy to these people.

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
Because what he is saying is scientifically accurate. Because Fauci and the CDC are the experts in this situation. I can not believe how crazy some of you have become with regards to this situation. Anyone who is anyone in infectious disease have parroted the same thing for the last year. It is not political, it is science. What is political is the attacks on science that have come from the far right.
Now that's bullshit. Fauci hasn't done shit with his 10 toes on the ground. He's been a political figure his whole life. He totally ****ed up the aids epidemic because of politics also. They couldn't tell bathhouses to shut down just because that was hating on the gays yet that is where it spread the most. They're are tons of scientists and and infectious disease Dr's. Out there right now that are calling bullshit on the WHO and CDC about there guidelines. And there's alot of good medicine out there that can help with covid without the vaccine. I am vaccinated but the vaccine is not the end all be all.

Last edited:

madbird

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2004
Seriously? Fauci and the CDC? The reason you can’t believe how crazy some people are - questioning these high priests of the religion of our day - is you are clearly unaware of the information available because you most likely don’t deviate from cnn, msnbc, etc. for the sourcing of your information.
Are you aware of the Fauci emails???? I believe there are about 20,000 of them that are available for your review.
Consider taking an open mind, consider the possibility that not everyone who claims to be a scientist actually behaves like one, and spend a little time researching those. It’ll mess with your current narrative.
Or, alternatively, don’t do what I’m suggesting and just keep beating the same drum. That’s what most people on both sides of this thing typically do.
But, my friend, Fauci and the CDC are not honorable. There are other agendas at play in this thing.
And go big red.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Seriously? Fauci and the CDC? The reason you can’t believe how crazy some people are - questioning these high priests of the religion of our day - is you are clearly unaware of the information available because you most likely don’t deviate from cnn, msnbc, etc. for the sourcing of your information.
Are you aware of the Fauci emails???? I believe there are about 20,000 of them that are available for your review.
Consider taking an open mind, consider the possibility that not everyone who claims to be a scientist actually behaves like one, and spend a little time researching those. It’ll mess with your current narrative.
Or, alternatively, don’t do what I’m suggesting and just keep beating the same drum. That’s what most people on both sides of this thing typically do.
But, my friend, Fauci and the CDC are not honorable. There are other agendas at play in this thing.
And go big red.
So I read through this. Nothing to see here.

This is what I see...

The Fauci Ink Blot Test​

Analysis by Tara McKelvey, BBC White House reporter
Fauci's emails are like a Rorschach ink blot: what you see in them reveals more about you than the ink blot, or, in this case, the emails.
For Trump supporters I know in small Kansas towns and other rural areas, Fauci is a villain. He broadcasts conflicting messages about the virus, these Republicans say, and twists science. They also say that he undermined then-President Trump.
These conservatives refused to wear masks, even during the worst days of the pandemic, because, they said, the scientific guidelines changed constantly, and Fauci had flip-flopped.
His emails will reinforce their opinions. Fauci did indeed change his mind about health guidance, such as the wearing of masks, as more information emerged about the virus. He told someone in February 2020 they did not need to wear a mask while travelling. Later, he encouraged people to wear them.
In contrast, for liberals in the Midwest and in other regions, Fauci is a hero. His emails reinforce their views - that he changed his mind about what people should do to fight the virus, depending upon the scientific data, and not on what Trump wanted people to hear.
Presentational grey line

Reactions: TrueRED777

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Now that's bullshit. Fauci hasn't done shit with his 10 toes on the ground. He's been a political figure his whole life. He totally ****ed up the aids epidemic because of politics also. They couldn't tell bathhouses to shut down just because that was hating on the gays yet that is where it spread the most. They're are tons of scientists and and infectious disease Dr's. Out there right now that are calling bullshit on the WHO and CDC about there guidelines. And there's alot of good medicine out there that can help with covid without the vaccine. I am vaccinated but the vaccine is not the end all be all.
Tons? Cite them. Im calling BS on all of you imbeciles that are playing the "Hate Fauci" card because in your tiny minds he F'd over your orange gods chance at winning a second term.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
"I'll deal with this brain fog and micro coughing fits for 8 months, and other long hauler side effects, because there is a 0.0002% chance I'll have a rash for a couple days from the vaccine."